Rolling Thunder Forums

Greetings Kom-Ka Federation (2165) 'Sun Touching Three Worlds With

Flagritz

If he is moving in to play dominant in a weaker region then he should be saying so instead of propping up someone who failed against an equal player.

Well, if you would read back a little, you would have recognized, that I came in because the KomKa were

not opposed by one equal empire, but was squashed by three played by one player.

And that he taunted and boasted after that didn't help it either.

The KomKa had no chance at all, because his player was *not* connected to any alliance. And was up against three technological more advanced empires.

Just for Clarity, did Konka's enemy start three empires, scout until they found each other, and then attack a player with one HW? IF so what is wrong with having connected positions, it appears in the thread, this is the MAJOR reason you are attacking. I believe you said you picked up two HW's, so you also have 3 HW's.

OR is it simply you can not attack anyone with less HW's. there for since you now have 4, and no one else in the area has more than 2, you MUST stop now.

Nothing wrong with attacking an enemy with all at your disposal.

But going after a peacefully roleplayed position and afterward tell him what he could have been doing better to win the war while the one had clearly no chance was quite off.

So first: There was a strong enemy for me now (4+ HWs at his disposal)

Second: He likes to go after weaker opponents and taunt them

So I set out to give him something of his own game and he is not enjoying it ;)

I even told him and his alliance exactly that.

And I never said he had a chance to win this.

And I not even needed everything at my disposal. Only my empire with its collection of pick-up drops.

Oh and I was going to stop after freeing the KomKa HW and getting one of his HWs. He will have

two empires left. Pretty much enough I think.

But first I need to get his HW.

And you and all your allies follow these rules of decorum, IE never attack a weaker empire? I think not.

Look in this single message, he bragged afterward, yet you brag he never had a chance, and you further brag you are not using all your might. Pride, Pride leads to but one path, pride and blindness to the mote in your eye. Turn from this path, turn from the arrogance of believing only you know the one true path. Save yourself before it is too late. Do not lie to yourself, you know the path you follow can only lead you to one place! You Follow the path to the DARK SIDE!

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you trying to say the Dark Side is not good ? That assumption is prejudicial.....I would venture to say the Dark Side is the good side , and all that are against the Dark Side are on the wrong path......change your ways Gary Carpenter , or you doom yourself....wait , you promised to no longer post , and yet you are still posting . What deception are you pulling , Mr Carpenter . Quick , RTG , call a priest to exorcise this foul demon called Gary Carpenter from our beloved forum.....

Are you trying to say the Dark Side is not good ? That assumption is prejudicial.....I would venture to say the Dark Side is the good side , and all that are against the Dark Side are on the wrong path......change your ways Gary Carpenter , or you doom yourself....wait , you promised to no longer post , and yet you are still posting . What deception are you pulling , Mr Carpenter . Quick , RTG , call a priest to exorcise this foul demon called Gary Carpenter from our beloved forum.....

That made no sense.

Why want the foul demon to leave if the dark side is good. Get a grip.

No , that is not quite it.....in one of your postings , you said you would not post anymore because you stated you were not being taken seriously . If you state something like that , then you also need to man up and stop posting . Yet here we are several weeks later , and you continue to post drivel on the forums . I don't take you seriously , I am sure alot of others do not take you seriously . Do you realize that you are coming across almost like a drunkard with your postings? Do yourself a favor , and try to save what little dignity you have left...stop these asinine postings .

No , that is not quite it.....in one of your postings , you said you would not post anymore because you stated you were not being taken seriously . If you state something like that , then you also need to man up and stop posting . Yet here we are several weeks later , and you continue to post drivel on the forums . I don't take you seriously , I am sure alot of others do not take you seriously . Do you realize that you are coming across almost like a drunkard with your postings? Do yourself a favor , and try to save what little dignity you have left...stop these asinine postings .

Shhh ... he's more entertaining than most programming on TV today, and makes just about as much sense as most reality shows. So get me some popcorn and let him continue.

Alright....LOL . I am sure he will be delighted to find someone to preach to . Carry on , Gary Carpenter , there is still someone who actually finds you amusing . RTG , send the priest away and cancel the exorcism .....but go ahead and let the priest leave a couple of vials of Holy Water....never know when one might need that , just in case .

Ok, I'll step back and see what happens with the Kom Ka, if you manage to take that world back from Flagritz. My points remain valid, but you give the impression you're going to expect him to stand on his own two feet. I can live with that as far as the Kom Ka are concerned. I don't go looking for trouble without reason, but I will say that he is getting back into his original position in the game under false pretenses, and leave it at that.

The point about the Kom Ka being taken by the combined fleets of a single player? Slightly shakier ground, I think. Are you saying a player can't do intra-position trading for weapons and equipment? That would be no different than trading with neighbours with approximately similar tech levels (again I'll point out that tech levels are a matter of luck and choice in the broad sense, no two positions have the same in all things) - even focussed research between allies to have one position researching one thing while others do something else, can be found amongst mere allies rather than joint positions of a single player.

Saying a player shouldn't use every resource he has when in combat is a little like saying he should only go into a fight after making sure that everything was absolutely equal - whereas in the real world you use stratgems and tactics to wrongfoot and hit the enemy at their weakest point; it's like saying a boxer with more beef than his opponent should tie one hand behind his back, just to be fair..... and no, I don't see that as the same thing as your having come effectively through a time warp to hit Flagritz (you skipped over the bit about you planning to stay in the region - with your tech levels no player locally could 'catch you up', tech-wise). Local opponents are equal opportunity deals which is all that anyone should ask if they're looking for competitive gaming. (Amusingly disingenuous, btw, when you say that Flagritz started the shooting war - by taking out the two scouts whose declared mission was to set up the attack against his own and one captured HW at least).

I don't object to you doing whatever the hell you want in the game - no one is forcing me to play after all. I am simply stating that your stated rationale for your actions, if seriously held, never-the-less make little sense to me.

Soooooooo... its kosher to go in with a numbers advantage but not a tech advantage?

What happened to "its a wargame?"

I could re-hash everything that had been said already, but its far easier to simply suggest that you read it ALL again. Your answer is there if you look for it. For myself, I had made the point I wanted to and then moved on (the quoted post was from over a month ago).

I could re-hash everything that had been said already, but its far easier to simply suggest that you read it ALL again. Your answer is there if you look for it. For myself, I had made the point I wanted to and then moved on (the quoted post was from over a month ago).

It just wasn't much of a point. It was more along the lines of sour grapes turning into a bitter whine.

Flagritz thought he was all billy, kicking a single empire while playing on arcade-style "quarter power" -- spend the money to ensure a win by using three empires to take on one. The whole pro-Flagritz line was "Its a war-game, get over it." Now that Flagritz on the receiving, the tune changes.

Flagritz reaped what he had sown. Its a WAR-game, after all.