Rolling Thunder Forums

Greetings Kom-Ka Federation (2165) 'Sun Touching Three Worlds With

Flagritz

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My only problem with this is picking one side as the BAD guy, neither side is all pure and noble.

For all have sinned, and fallen short of the glory of God.

I can reach that argument, Gary. I really can. Certainly my skin is not without blemish.

Still, somehow this principal does not seem to keep societies (even Christian societies) from casting their judgments. For some odd reason, the serial child rapist/murder seems to garner very little sympathy by screaming, “See! He is just as bad as I am! Did you see him short change that store clerk!?!”

Go figure.

TErnest

I could re-hash everything that had been said already, but its far easier to simply suggest that you read it ALL again. Your answer is there if you look for it. For myself, I had made the point I wanted to and then moved on (the quoted post was from over a month ago).

It just wasn't much of a point. It was more along the lines of sour grapes turning into a bitter whine.

Flagritz thought he was all billy, kicking a single empire while playing on arcade-style "quarter power" -- spend the money to ensure a win by using three empires to take on one. The whole pro-Flagritz line was "Its a war-game, get over it." Now that Flagritz on the receiving, the tune changes.

Flagritz reaped what he had sown. Its a WAR-game, after all.

Which only goes to show that you only read what you wanted to out of it. It would help if you looked beyond your pre-conceived ideas, you thinking one thing while I was talking about something entirely different. Your choice, of course - just don't expect me to be overly bothered by it. No doubt you are comfortable with you're opinion, so 'enjoy' - and move on. I have. (Feel free to have the last word in the matter if that's important to you too, but I'm done with this now).

My only problem with this is picking one side as the BAD guy, neither side is all pure and noble.

I can reach that argument, Gary. I really can. Certainly my skin is not without blemish.

Still, somehow this principal does not seem to keep societies (even Christian societies) from casting their judgments. For some odd reason, the serial child rapist/murder seems to garner very little sympathy by screaming, “See! He is just as bad as I am! Did you see him short change that store clerk!?!”

Go figure.

TErnest

ALL have sinned, but few here admit it.

Still, somehow this principal does not seem to keep societies (even Christian societies) from casting their judgments. For some odd reason, the serial child rapist/murder seems to garner very little sympathy by screaming, "See! He is just as bad as I am! Did you see him short change that store clerk!?!"

Go figure.

TErnest

You *do* know what a Vigilante is, do you?

Hey, the guy who rescues somebodyy from the bully is *always* the good guy.

What, you never saw "The Karate Kid?"

LOL I thought the Kid saved himself.

Middle third of the movie -- when the bullies are dressed as skeletons and on bikes -- Miyagi to the rescue.

Like I said, the same collection of mooks who were saying "Its a WAR-game, get over it" are now whining when the advantage goes against Flagritz. I know consistency in the face of adversity is a rare trait in this world, but really...

Technological advantage has *always* been a part of war -- C3 considerations, air superiority, etc.

Still, somehow this principal does not seem to keep societies (even Christian societies) from casting their judgments. For some odd reason, the serial child rapist/murder seems to garner very little sympathy by screaming, "See! He is just as bad as I am! Did you see him short change that store clerk!?!"

Go figure.

TErnest

The term vigilante comes from Latin roots -- "vigilans/vigilantis"- the present participle of "vigilare" (to watch), and stands now for "watchman" or "watcher". Its etymology is closely related to (though its meaning very different from) that of the term vigilance.

As a historical note, vigilantes arise in areas where law enforcement is ineffective or non-existant.

Go figure.

TErnest

The term vigilante comes from Latin roots -- "vigilans/vigilantis"- the present participle of "vigilare" (to watch), and stands now for "watchman" or "watcher". Its etymology is closely related to (though its meaning very different from) that of the term vigilance.

As a historical note, vigilantes arise in areas where law enforcement is ineffective or non-existant.

Quite right.

It has some negative conotations as they are selfrightious and self-proclaimed law-enforcers. (see vigilante justice).

So I do not know where the "clean shirt" reference came from, as I have named my ship appropiate.

Actually it is quite simple, if an empire is a member, or friend or ally of a member of the Holy Brotherhood of Brewmasters, then that empire by definition is a

'good guy'.

If you are an enemy of one of the above mentioned empires, you are by definition, a 'bad guy'.

If you are neither, then you are neither good nor evil, and merely a wishy washy fence sitting neutral. (which actually means you are probably evil) :alien2:

It couldn't get much simpler than that. :thumbsup::cheers:

Actually it is quite simple, if an empire is a member, or friend or ally of a member of the Holy Brotherhood of Brewmasters, then that empire by definition is a

'good guy'.

If you are an enemy of one of the above mentioned empires, you are by definition, a 'bad guy'.

If you are neither, then you are neither good nor evil, and merely a wishy washy fence sitting neutral. (which actually means you are probably evil) :alien2:

It couldn't get much simpler than that. :thumbsup::cheers:

:cheers: from Brewvaria