Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 85

Guest Spongebob

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turkey and Persia already submitted their turns some time ago. We'd really like to know how it all turned out. If there is a player that has still hasn't turned his turn after all this time, especially if they have not communicated with Russ about it, I say it's now too late. I think Russ has been beyond reasonable about late turn submissions. Let's get on with it!

• 2 weeks later...

Any word on the Game 85 final statistics and standings?

Yep - you won....

(Kidding...haven't heard)

I have to admit I was saddened to see the huge stacks of Persian Armies staying put in their city/fortresses the last few turns. I had some really great special treats for them in the open countryside. :-(

You guys put up some seriously annoying (read: effective) roadblocks. I have to give you kudos for that. Too bad we wern't fighting in more open fields instead of the Balkan hills...

Great game, brother.

Any word on the Game 85 final statistics and standings?

Yep - you won....

(Kidding...haven't heard)

I have to admit I was saddened to see the huge stacks of Persian Armies staying put in their city/fortresses the last few turns. I had some really great special treats for them in the open countryside. :-(

You guys put up some seriously annoying (read: effective) roadblocks. I have to give you kudos for that. Too bad we wern't fighting in more open fields instead of the Balkan hills...

Great game, brother.

How's xOulu doing?? :huh:

Slicer,

With the initial contact after your declaration of war that obviously didn't go too well for us (Turkey), we both realized that we held little advantage going on the offensive. The fact that your group had such a huge advantage on us in info that you could collect and share compared to us was one of a few reasons we decided to take the tact that we did. Four players sharing info versus the two of us was definitely a disadvantage we had little chance of overcoming so we chose a largely defensive/delaying action. That and the fact that you had a clear advantage in your ability to focus your forces in one relatively compact zone (and reinforce and replenish them) while we were still spread out trying to further expand our holdings and our supply/rail lines were somewhat more 'fragile.'

Us taking the battle to you in the open north of our northernmost advance would have been a very unwise move on our part and would have played into your hands to easily. We didn't want to make the game too easy for now did you? :)

BTW - The fact that you all were able to break your alliances with me simultaneously on your first tries was BEYOND great luck for you and CRAPPY luck for us. NOT what we had planned/hoped for. :(

A very fun and action filled last 10-15 or so turns though. We definitely enjoyed the fight and the challenge of trying to blunt your collective advance as best we could. You were all definitely worthy and dangerous foes that made the game all the more worthwhile.

I'm just hoping we get the results soon. Russ?

Slicer,

With the initial contact after your declaration of war that obviously didn't go too well for us (Turkey), we both realized that we held little advantage going on the offensive. The fact that your group had such a huge advantage on us in info that you could collect and share compared to us was one of a few reasons we decided to take the tact that we did. Four players sharing info versus the two of us was definitely a disadvantage we had little chance of overcoming so we chose a largely defensive/delaying action. That and the fact that you had a clear advantage in your ability to focus your forces in one relatively compact zone (and reinforce and replenish them) while we were still spread out trying to further expand our holdings and our supply/rail lines were somewhat more 'fragile.'

Us taking the battle to you in the open north of our northernmost advance would have been a very unwise move on our part and would have played into your hands to easily. We didn't want to make the game too easy for now did you? :)

BTW - The fact that you all were able to break your alliances with me simultaneously on your first tries was BEYOND great luck for you and CRAPPY luck for us. NOT what we had planned/hoped for. :(

A very fun and action filled last 10-15 or so turns though. We definitely enjoyed the fight and the challenge of trying to blunt your collective advance as best we could. You were all definitely worthy and dangerous foes that made the game all the more worthwhile.

I'm just hoping we get the results soon. Russ?

I emailed Russ a couple of days ago. He said it takes a little time to compile the results and he has had little time lately.

He asked for a couple of weeks.

We promoted the commander of the defense force to Field Marshall and that guy led the N Russian forces into some pretty spectactular killing. As of now, without seeing other players' results, N Russia 85 killed more ARM than anyone in RTG history (except for the top 11...meaning we were #12).

Oh...but the rest of the people from xOulu did not fare as well. We depopulated it and turned it into a brick kiln.

Both Turkey and I are totally open to sharing our last turns, although I think this will only really work if everyone or at least almost everyone shares. C.R. is the only nation that I think did NOT process on turn 73 so if we can at least get everyone else that would be great. Any other takers?

We promoted the commander of the defense force to Field Marshall and that guy led the N Russian forces into some pretty spectactular killing. As of now, without seeing other players' results, N Russia 85 killed more ARM than anyone in RTG history (except for the top 11...meaning we were #12). Oh...but the rest of the people from xOulu did not fare as well. We depopulated it and turned it into a brick kiln.

Both Turkey and I have no illusions about our relatively weak ARM and AIR kills, both in this game and compared to past games. The fact that our adversaries in the Mid-East dropped relatively early and that Greece and his TA's dropped out before we really had a chance to get into a serious fight with them definitely limited out damage output. Such is the way of such games I guess. Hopefully our success, relative to the other nations/groups, in other areas of the game will help to put us over the top. It probably won't be anything to write home about, but hopefully we'll get the win. (I could REALLY use the free game.)

Both Turkey and I have no illusions about our relatively weak ARM and AIR kills, both in this game and compared to past games. The fact that our adversaries in the Mid-East dropped relatively early and that Greece and his TA's dropped out before we really had a chance to get into a serious fight with them definitely limited out damage output. Such is the way of such games I guess. Hopefully our success, relative to the other nations/groups, in other areas of the game will help to put us over the top. It probably won't be anything to write home about, but hopefully we'll get the win. (I could REALLY use the free game.)

With weak Mandatory Victory Point numbers, your final tally may not be as good as the Northern Alliance's. They fought some hard wars. Our group seems to think they don't have a chance, but I tried to convince them that anything was possible........my original guess was that it would be the following:

1: Sweden/NR/Baltic

2: Persia/Turkey

3: The Islands Alliance (Iceland/GB/Ireland/USA)

But, if you did not shed your inactive TA's before the endgame, I think that our Island Alliance could move pass you final points due to the inactive TA's holding your average down.

Hopefully Russ has a final tally for us soon. I have been eager to see how it turned out.