Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 85

Guest Spongebob

I'm also still in... took some time to take these Lowlanders out as Earthling pointed out quite nicely. :ranting:

But it is difficult to keep your focus when 4 other countries are marching in... I thought it would be better to let the Lowlanders stay in xBrussel. And yes Legendary forts with tons of LDB's and airdefense are very very hard to get through! :) Luckily you didn't have that many ARM points to rebuild...

Well I'm still at over a 1000 Army kills per turn :thumbsup:

Rommel

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also still in... took some time to take these Lowlanders out as Earthling pointed out quite nicely. :thumbsup:

But it is difficult to keep your focus when 4 other countries are marching in... I thought it would be better to let the Lowlanders stay in xBrussel. And yes Legendary forts with tons of LDB's and airdefense are very very hard to get through! :woohoo: Luckily you didn't have that many ARM points to rebuild...

Well I'm still at over a 1000 Army kills per turn :thumbsup:

Rommel

It was a very tedious battle for you, I am sure. It could not have been easy to slam up against those forts every few turns not knowing if the tanks would finally break through. That last battle was still touch and go and you finally got the break in morale you needed to end it for the Lowlanders. I still say you were lucky that the elite infantry unit was destroyed instead of the green unit during those bombing raids. Rommel, you are certainly a worthy adversary (and believe it or not, so was the Sponge.). I look forward to meeting you again, as a friend OR foe in other games.

Earthling

• 4 weeks later...

I find it FASCINATING that this forum is so quiet. I know that there has been a substantial number of exciting events (not always exciting in the positive sense for me) and yet almost a deafening silence....

I guess that's ok too.

In any event, Happy Thanksgiving!! my fellow Americans (and any of you who would care to be honorary Americans for Thanksgiving - that quintessential American holiday).

So what ever did happen to the Deathwalker? change his name to Dead man walking? or Silent butt deadly? The Quiet Killer?

All this banter with him and Spartan was exciting stuff that for awhile had nothing to do with Spongebob.

I think he choked on his own bile. His TAs are giving me a tough ride, though.

• 4 weeks later...

I am impressed by two things in this game: (1) the relative lack of trash-talking, and (2) the relative level of gumption. Said differently, the players in this game (with apologies to my good friend Robert) have fought hard and done so with grim determination. With a few exceptions, I haven't seen anyone just throw in the towel. I HAVE seen a whole lot of casualties...>50,000 ARM killed is a rather large amount, by most reckoning....less than 2/3rd of the way into the game by a nation which hasn't really conquered all that much...

I must say, this has been a hard fought contest (at least in my neck of the woods). (Even if membership in my paratrooper formations is not so popular).

Regards,

Slicer

Yes . . . I would say there has been some very good play in this game. In addition, it has been refreshing to play in a game where there were relatively few positions dropped when things got tough. In particular, Baltic States and Central Russia have really hung in there.

Overall, this game has been very enjoyable. Thought for a while our group might even win. However, the tenacity of our opponents has resulted in a lot of losses. I have lost more AIR points in this game than any other two games combined. Nobody to blame but myself for this, as I tried to expand too quickly. In the end, I believe Turkey and Persia will take this one, although I intend to do all I can to prevent it.

Anybody else still out there actively opposing Turkey and Persia in the Midde East or North Africa?

Deathwalker

Portu-84

Hunga-85

US-87

Yes . . . I would say there has been some very good play in this game. In addition, it has been refreshing to play in a game where there were relatively few positions dropped when things got tough. In particular, Baltic States and Central Russia have really hung in there.

Overall, this game has been very enjoyable. Thought for a while our group might even win. However, the tenacity of our opponents has resulted in a lot of losses. I have lost more AIR points in this game than any other two games combined. Nobody to blame but myself for this, as I tried to expand too quickly. In the end, I believe Turkey and Persia will take this one, although I intend to do all I can to prevent it.

Anybody else still out there actively opposing Turkey and Persia in the Midde East or North Africa?

Deathwalker

Portu-84

Hunga-85

US-87

Not sure if anyone other than you is opposing Turkey and Persia but I am doing all I can (limited though it may be) to speed their advance!

Playing a spoiler is not my first choice, but it has its own challenges and modest rewards....

Just hoping I remain an ally of Turkey and Persia rather than a northern colony!

Deathwalker

Portu-84

Hunga-85

US-87

Not sure if anyone other than you is opposing Turkey and Persia but I am doing all I can (limited though it may be) to speed their advance!

Playing a spoiler is not my first choice, but it has its own challenges and modest rewards....

Just hoping I remain an ally of Turkey and Persia rather than a northern colony!

Doubt your help will matter much..... this appears to be a game won by those who can primarily expand through computer run territory, unfortunately. Not that I am taking anything away from their success, merely observing that their early opponents dropped quickly, and left them to clean up multiple countries with little or no opposition. While it may mean they have a few less points in the "forces destroyed" categories...they certainly should have a healthy lead everywhere else. Should be interesting to see whether we can hold them off from further expansion, despite the fact that our alliance is not likely to catch them in total score.

Deathwalker

Portu-84

Hunga-85

US-87

Doubt your help will matter much..... this appears to be a game won by those who can primarily expand through computer run territory, unfortunately. Not that I am taking anything away from their success, merely observing that their early opponents dropped quickly, and left them to clean up multiple countries with little or no opposition. While it may mean they have a few less points in the "forces destroyed" categories...they certainly should have a healthy lead everywhere else. Should be interesting to see whether we can hold them off from further expansion, despite the fact that our alliance is not likely to catch them in total score.

I am pretty much a scavenger at this point -- picking off cripples and strays, occassionally doing something a bit more when an opportunity is found. Might pick up a few more tricks to use in future games. At least you are too busy now to make a push against me and finish me off!

Well, you haven't pushed me out of Baltic States yet...and my Baltic allies are fighting like (very tiny) demons! You are a crafty devil, though. :(

My slicing edge always seems to get dulled JUST after I polish it to a nice and shiny 100%

• 3 weeks later...