Rolling Thunder Forums

The Age of Screens is NOT dead!

D.I.E.

The empire DIE and the board handle D.I.E. are not the same.

the empire IDE has the board handle D.I.E. as stated somewherre else o this forum in the past, if memory serves right.

I wonder if all of that Resurrecting has affected Gary's memory. :blink:

Of course I don't have that excuse so in my case it must be old age. :D

Somewhere on the forum is says Lars and Mad martin are buddies, that does not make it so.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The empire DIE and the board handle D.I.E. are not the same.

the empire IDE has the board handle D.I.E. as stated somewherre else o this forum in the past, if memory serves right.

I wonder if all of that Resurrecting has affected Gary's memory. :blink:

Of course I don't have that excuse so in my case it must be old age. :D

Somewhere on the forum is says Lars and Mad martin are buddies, that does not make it so.

Fair enough, Gary.

So, for the record. I run IDE. I do not run DIE, nor have I ever done so.

Originally, I had "Demonic Imperial Envelopment" in my position setup, specifically for the acronym. Pete changed my setup name, presumably because DIE beat me to that particular idea.

I picked the D.I.E. board handle before I even met DIE, who as it turns out, is in my same general neighborhood of the galaxy. I can understand your compounded confusion, since I understand DIE is fighting your allies as well, although he and I have never actually cooperated outside of staying out of each other's back yards.

I once asked the other player if he would prefer me to change that handle, but since he is not active on the boards, he said to should keep using it.

Again, for the record, I run three and only three positions, Arcane Services Inc. (for which use the board handle TErnest), Imperial Demonic Envelopement (D.I.E. handle), and WE the Unity (which I don't believe has ever bothered to post a message here.)

p.s. Strike that last. Just rememebered that WE probably posted here when I made first contact with another empire... some time ago.

Tony Ernest

• 2 weeks later...

What happened with this snafu/bug? Did the gentlealiens involved get their ships back and an explanation from Pete?

Cheers

/Locklyn

What happened with this snafu/bug? Did the gentlealiens involved get their ships back and an explanation from Pete?

Cheers

/Locklyn

Locklyn,

I did get an explantion from Pete. I posted the results of that conversation on this thread on March 20. The battle results stemmed from a program error, it seems.

Since this was established well past the time that a rerun of the battle would be feasible, I have petitioned Pete to restore the ships lost by all participants in the battle. Pete did not respond to that request directly, but I have high hopes that we will all see the lost ships replaced on the upcoming printouts.

Tony

Since there was a bug of course Pete should restore all ships on both sides since you did nothing wrong.This is one of the problems with the closed combat report, you have no real way of seeing that things work as they are supposed to, you have to act on good faith and only the times when it becomes really obvious something is broken can you put it to Pete.

Good luck to both sides on their battles

/Locklyn

Since there was a bug of course Pete should restore all ships on both sides since you did nothing wrong.This is one of the problems with the closed combat report, you have no real way of seeing that things work as they are supposed to, you have to act on good faith and only the times when it becomes really obvious something is broken can you put it to Pete.

Good luck to both sides on their battles

/Locklyn

Well... there are no replacement ships on my printout. And no note from Pete. In fact, he never answered my e-mail, either.

Frustrating. From my point of view, there is not way to tell if my e-mail never got through to him, or if ignoring me and my request is Pete's way of saying, "No." (I can live with "No," mind you, but would like to hear it explicitly, if that is the answer.)

Tony

Great news for those parties involved, now they can get on with squashing each other. Has the bug been squashed in the program with the flag bridge Pete?

/Locklyn

Great news for those parties involved, now they can get on with squashing each other. Has the bug been squashed in the program with the flag bridge Pete?

/Locklyn

Could we please invent a better euphemism for eliminating problems in program code? "Squashing bugs" *shudder* sounds so... racist.

As a former semi-sentinent slave food race, we understand your objection to our use of words. We most profusely apologise and hope that this will not lead to a major inter-galactic incident! The programmer of our Type F Universal Translators have all been shot, resurrected and shot again for their sloppy work!

:taz:

/Locklyn

As a former semi-sentinent slave food race, we understand your objection to our use of words. We most profusely apologise and hope that this will not lead to a major inter-galactic incident! The programmer of our Type F Universal Translators have all been shot, resurrected and shot again for their sloppy work!

:taz:

/Locklyn

The Gremloids are a food race? Hmmm...how do they taste?

...Were...

Now seven generations of species engineering has seen to it that The Gremloids will never ever go down an aliens gullet without a fight and causing serious heartburn at least! :taz:

:woohoo:

/Locklyn

Of course you should get your ships back mate...I made an earlier post about the importance of communicating with the players, seems to have disappeared :woohoo: I'm sure though that Pete will get around to answering you any day now and all will be well and you guys can s m a s h (word manually exchanged in translator for Krelnets sake) each other to your hearts content like small alien critters of your special choice :taz:

:thumbsup:

/Locklyn

I agree, combat mechanics with flag bridges and their targetting method is a complete mystery right now as reality and ANZ do not compute, but everytime we try to get a detailed explanation of how things should work (if not "bugged" out (sorry krelnet) there usually doesn't seem to be much information coming our way, usually with the added old explanation that it is because this game should not turn into a pure numbers game...well it is a numbers game so let's at least get the correct numbers...I feel you Gary...not inappropriately of course :taz:

:woohoo:

/Locklyn