Rolling Thunder Forums

The Age of Screens is NOT dead!

D.I.E.

I've been researching the flag bridge issue, which is by no means simple. There appears to have been an issue with targeting concerning one large battle, and the ships in question have been returned to their owners. This happened on this turn cycle. The fact that they didn't show up in the turn results just sent out was a problem that I'm rectifying so that corrected printouts can be sent to the players involved.

Regarding screens, I've stated for a very, very long time now that depending on massive numbers of screens is a mistake. Flag bridges invalidate them utterly.

Edit: I deleted some posts - let's try and keep things polite, please :taz:

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Polite?

You tell IDE they are getting their ships back and never bother to tell us???

I have NO reason to be polite!

Wow,

this will mark the first time, I have to agree with Gary.

And I now get the idea about Llocklyn's response.

Polite?

You tell IDE they are getting their ships back and never bother to tell us???

I have NO reason to be polite!

Wow,

this will mark the first time, I have to agree with Gary.

And I now get the idea about Llocklyn's response.

Yeah, I had some responses, mark you they were all civil and so even Pete agreed, removed so I do come across a bit daft there :taz: Anyways...seems to be a general breakdown of communication here but I am sure Pete will contact the PA as well as the other side (what do you call yourselves?) directly and sort this thing out for everyones gaming enjoyment.

Please do post the battle again when the flag bridges work as they were supposed to, I am curious as I had seen a different outcome from the numbers presented.

Generally on forums when a post is censored or otherwise altered by a moderator, I for one prefer to leave the post in place but deleting the content with a moderators edit comment in it so one can see immediately why the post has been deleted so as one does not get paranoid or think one is getting forgetful in ones old age :woohoo:

:thumbsup:

/Locklyn

the other side (what do you call yourselves?)

I usually just refer to them as "Enemies of our enemy." That seems to be the only term I can use in cabinet meetings without threat of a coup. :woohoo:

Which is fine, since terms I've seen thrown around on this board like "A>Li^es" and "fR#eN&ds" don't seem to translate into any of our languages, anyway. :taz:

Lord of the Implements

Mephisto of the Alpha Circle

So on MARCH 20th Pete talks to IDE, says battle is wrong.

Investigates for 18 days, some where in that time, restores ships and tells Neither IDE or the PA about it, then acts all put upon that I post a couple messages and removes them.

Then the ships do not show up on any ones turns, so are we done yet?

It appears to me that the PA is just unhappy that the error is being corrected - afterall, the Phoenix Empire and any allied fleets would most likely have been completely destroyed at the time of the battle. You should actually be thrilled that it wasn't fixed immediately - this has given you extra turns to prepare a defense! That leaves IDE still holding the short end of the stick - the Phoenix HW should already be in his possession assuming a successful Ground Attack.

So count your blessings that you lived to fight another day.

For once, I think I have to speak up for Gary.

he seems to only be upset, that he gets to know about the resurrected fleet on the boards through his enemy and not, as it should have been, through the GM on his turnsheet.

I think he agrees, that the battle was bugged. So the return of the ships seems to be accepted, just not the form.

As I said earlier this speaks of a breakdown of communications and would have been a non-issue other than for correcting the error had it been adressed at once. Now time went by without any side getting an answer and thus complicating the matter further. Could have been handled better but that's bridges under the water :taz: and Pete seems to have identified the issue at hand, restored the fleets of all sides, albeit the fact that the ships are currently invisible (being ghost ships perhaps? ) and speaks volumes of the need for immediate responses to critical issues like this.

Boy and I'm not even personally involved in this one for once :woohoo:

/Locklyn

I do not care about the ships.

But if a Ally of Mine had not read the board the PA would STILL NOT KNOW ABOUT the ships, and since they do not appear on the my turn, the PA would not of known about the ships til they showed up at the HW again.

If we did not know about the ships til they attacked in the next battle, then what?

Pete says OOOPs forgot to mention they got their ships back, Ooops I will investigate, go ahead and run turns and in a few weeks, 3 turns later Ill let you know what I decide.

Right now according to my turn there are NO ships returned, and according to Pete they got theirs.

Just keep my ships blown up IF you can not get it straight!

Actually Pete said that noone had the returned ships listed on their current turns as he had run a dodah before he wigged the jiggalot

/Locklyn

OK, now I'm going to insert my thoughts here even though I have no stake in it.

There appear to be two issues here:

1: The flag bridge issue

2: The general lack of communication coming from RTG

According to the recent post by Pete, it appears he has been researching the issue these past number of days/weeks. Apparently its been addressed, though I think it prudent for everyone involved with Flag Bridge combat needs to review the results to confirm whether it appears to work properly or not... and if not to communicate the issue (civilly of course which the inital posts were and in my opinion, all of the posts were civil if not just mildly critical) to RTG.

Regarding the second issue, perhaps my opinion is biased as I am a player, but it seems that this could have been handled better by RTG. I do not know Pete/Russ's schedules and perhaps things have been a bit busy in RL for them. It happens as everyone knows.

HOWEVER

If RTG had simply addressed the parties concerned in a more timely manner, then all of this consternation could have been avoided. A simple post "I'm reviewing it" followed up by an update once a week does not seem unreasonable. No need for an epic length post, just let everyone be aware that it's being reviewed with perhaps a slightly more detailed note to the two parties involved providing a bit more detail.

It really doesn't seem to be too unreasonable a request from my view.

OK, now I'm going to insert my thoughts here even though I have no stake in it.

There appear to be two issues here:

1: The flag bridge issue

2: The general lack of communication coming from RTG

According to the recent post by Pete, it appears he has been researching the issue these past number of days/weeks. Apparently its been addressed, though I think it prudent for everyone involved with Flag Bridge combat needs to review the results to confirm whether it appears to work properly or not... and if not to communicate the issue (civilly of course which the inital posts were and in my opinion, all of the posts were civil if not just mildly critical) to RTG.

Regarding the second issue, perhaps my opinion is biased as I am a player, but it seems that this could have been handled better by RTG. I do not know Pete/Russ's schedules and perhaps things have been a bit busy in RL for them. It happens as everyone knows.

HOWEVER

If RTG had simply addressed the parties concerned in a more timely manner, then all of this consternation could have been avoided. A simple post "I'm reviewing it" followed up by an update once a week does not seem unreasonable. No need for an epic length post, just let everyone be aware that it's being reviewed with perhaps a slightly more detailed note to the two parties involved providing a bit more detail.

It really doesn't seem to be too unreasonable a request from my view.

Well stated and summarized mate

:drunk:

/Locklyn

Posted by Vince:

It appears to me that the PA is just unhappy that the error is being corrected - afterall, the Phoenix Empire and any allied fleets would most likely have been completely destroyed at the time of the battle. You should actually be thrilled that it wasn't fixed immediately - this has given you extra turns to prepare a defense! That leaves IDE still holding the short end of the stick - the Phoenix HW should already be in his possession assuming a successful Ground Attack. End Quote

Hi Vince,

As a member of PA, I can tell you that your assumption about "PA is just unhappy that the error is being corrected" is dead wrong. The overall concern expressed by Gary is regarding how the situation can best be handled. Losing a few thousand screen ships doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things BUT how the battle will run compared to previous Flag Bridge Battles will be important. We are all waiting to see how this new battle goes.

Good Cheer,

Rick