Rolling Thunder Forums

Please prevent cheating

cestvel

I had reported this problem to Pete long ago while battling Flagritz. I still use DepLoc 1 for the its 10% bonus of damage.

I did not have recognized it this time while skimming the battle report, because I was more interested in his HW defenses :ranting:

And I would bet, that Richard simply had a Scout assigned to the standard designation X, whih happens to end up at DepLoc 7 on default settings.

So I guess, Richard was not *in the known*.

He got no benefit from this, as it is clear, that it was a HW probe, where the attackig ship was going to be destroyed without doing any real

harm to the defenses.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to avoid any confusion then are we saying:

- Damage outgoing and incoming isnt affected by deployment location

or

- You still need to be in the right deployment location for your weapon firing but the defender being in a back row makes no difference.

Does that mean everyone should be in Row 1?

confused! :ranting:

or

- You still need to be in the right deployment location for your weapon firing but the defender being in a back row makes no difference.

confused! :ranting:

How disappointing.. If this is indeed true then why even have orders to CHANGE the deployment locations in the first place? why have weapons with ranges ie point blank beam long standoff etc etc. why build carriers to place in row 12 while their fighter craft launch to supposedly engage at point blank range? This little problem with the programming affects tactics IMHO and reduces combat to the biggest ship with the most powerful weapons and defenses always wins. :ranting:

i believe we need a clarification from Master Pete as to how this acctually works......... cause the last time i talked to him the story i got was that the deploc worked fine but now i know for a fact that i does not ....................................... :ranting::ranting::ranting:

I had reported this problem to Pete long ago while battling Flagritz. I still use DepLoc 1 for the its 10% bonus of damage.

I did not have recognized it this time while skimming the battle report, because I was more interested in his HW defenses :ranting:

And I would bet, that Richard simply had a Scout assigned to the standard designation X, whih happens to end up at DepLoc 7 on default settings.

So I guess, Richard was not *in the known*.

He got no benefit from this, as it is clear, that it was a HW probe, where the attackig ship was going to be destroyed without doing any real

harm to the defenses.

you are missing the point........... he knew about this and so did others........this is a MAJOR part of tactics and stratigies and in no way should you keep this a secret from othe players lke yo would the fuel tankage loophole....

or

confused! :jawdrop:

no..... deploc does not matter either way.................... an you still get the 10% also

1) I think he did not know, check my reasoning. As well it would be stupid to reveal it in a meaningless battle ...

2) Are you sure damage is not reduced to a ship in high deploc? From this battle we cannot say, because even 5% damage would have killed that Pathfinder.

My current assumption is, that damage received is reduced by deploc, but damage put out is not. This would be a bug, since it would mean all get max damage reduction to 5%

by sitting in deploc 10-12, while putting out max normal damage.

From this battle we can only see max normal damage from a DepLoc which should have reduced the damage done by 60+ %

In all the battles I have seen from my ships , the majority of them being with the Ori , all of the weapons regardless of deployment locations have done more damage than the amount of damage listed in the ANZ . I have also read about that someplace on the forums when I was exploring the different things about the game , and decided that this is something known , and no big deal. If that is the way it is , then it affects everybody the same , so nobody is getting any advantage or disadvantage out of it . As far as damage received , I have not looked at the battles that closely , and what I always read is that in fact the biggest ship will always win . When I build a ship , if the ship is a scout , it goes to non combatant , even if it has weapons , if it is a small warship , it gets put into light screen , if it is a flagship type ship , again all regardless of weapons , it goes to standoff , and so on . I don't put my ships in some deploc in order to maximize the damage , and I was not aware that that is even possible . If you use weapons like the plasma torpedos , which deependra does, then it would be logical to put a ship like that in the deploc that gets you closest to the enemy before you fire....that would be only logical , and if you didn't , then you would need to expect some damage degradation . I would not know that on the weapons that are specifically short range , as I have yet to use those weapon types in a battle . I still longingly remember the weapons from the prior version of SN where you could launch your drones from over the horizon and wait for the big " boom " . The majority of the weapons I have seen used are the spinal weapon types or the ones that are specifically not short range .

Highwayperson has not just used the fuel cheat . He has used the cheat to build surface fortresses at one world and then move the surface fortress to another , retaining the 9x armor bonus . One of my ships attacked his PDS at his colony , and got it down to crippled status ...one more round and it would have been destroyed . My ship went from the colony to another world in the system after the attack . On pulse one of the next turn , I moved my ship back to his colony to attack his PDS and finish it off . It was no longer there . He had and has no shipyard built at the colony to scrap the PDS , so the only thing he could have done is move the PDS back to the HW . He had had orbital installations at each of the warp points , and since he used the movement trick with the PDS , he will have done the same thing with those as well . Of course he claims he did not cheat other than the fuel trick , but he is not telling the truth here either . This is a direct quote from his profile page :

" To all those out there that call it cheating to do what the program lets u then that is on you. I will be to see each of you in turn. Retreat now cause I am coming "

Be it as it is , you can cheat all you want , in the end it is not going to help you , so I really do not care . The attack at Deana-6 is a probing attack , meant to gain intelligence over what you have in place at the time of the attack , so I can see what I might need to bring along to successfully attack and destroy what you have . I am not going to attack blindly at a place and lose my expensive ships in a futile attack , in the same manner as you ran the attack on Marcus at his home world . And if you had any surprises , why have you not yet employed them ?Do you take joy in losing in the neighborhood of 10 million+ tons of ships to my single ship and not stopping it ? That ship went back home , got new weapons built into it , and is back in your homesystem . I am sure you will see it soon enough , unless you restrict yourself to your home world .

You also claim some people have a direct line to Pete . His number is listed at the RTG homepage , surely , and for everyone to see . But have you actually tried to get a hold of him ? It is near to impossible . So , to ask Pete questions directly , you need to send him an email....about 70% of the time you will get an answer , and the answer could take a day or a week to get to you . I would love to know who has a direct line to Pete . Usually , you can get hold of Russ , but Russ does not get very involved with Supernova , so he will only know general info , but he will make sure the info / question is passed along to Pete , and if you have questions , and it goes through Russ to Pete , then you will definitely get an answer . I ask questions , certainly . If you don't , then that is up to you , but no fault of mine .

In all the battles I have seen from my ships , the majority of them being with the Ori , all of the weapons regardless of deployment locations have done more damage than the amount of damage listed in the ANZ . I have also read about that someplace on the forums when I was exploring the different things about the game , and decided that this is something known , and no big deal. If that is the way it is , then it affects everybody the same , so nobody is getting any advantage or disadvantage out of it . As far as damage received , I have not looked at the battles that closely , and what I always read is that in fact the biggest ship will always win . When I build a ship , if the ship is a scout , it goes to non combatant , even if it has weapons , if it is a small warship , it gets put into light screen , if it is a flagship type ship , again all regardless of weapons , it goes to standoff , and so on . I don't put my ships in some deploc in order to maximize the damage , and I was not aware that that is even possible . If you use weapons like the plasma torpedos , which deependra does, then it would be logical to put a ship like that in the deploc that gets you closest to the enemy before you fire....that would be only logical , and if you didn't , then you would need to expect some damage degradation . I would not know that on the weapons that are specifically short range , as I have yet to use those weapon types in a battle . I still longingly remember the weapons from the prior version of SN where you could launch your drones from over the horizon and wait for the big " boom " . The majority of the weapons I have seen used are the spinal weapon types or the ones that are specifically not short range .

Highwayperson has not just used the fuel cheat . He has used the cheat to build surface fortresses at one world and then move the surface fortress to another , retaining the 9x armor bonus . One of my ships attacked his PDS at his colony , and got it down to crippled status ...one more round and it would have been destroyed . My ship went from the colony to another world in the system after the attack . On pulse one of the next turn , I moved my ship back to his colony to attack his PDS and finish it off . It was no longer there . He had and has no shipyard built at the colony to scrap the PDS , so the only thing he could have done is move the PDS back to the HW . He had had orbital installations at each of the warp points , and since he used the movement trick with the PDS , he will have done the same thing with those as well . Of course he claims he did not cheat other than the fuel trick , but he is not telling the truth here either . This is a direct quote from his profile page :

" To all those out there that call it cheating to do what the program lets u then that is on you. I will be to see each of you in turn. Retreat now cause I am coming "

Be it as it is , you can cheat all you want , in the end it is not going to help you , so I really do not care . The attack at Deana-6 is a probing attack , meant to gain intelligence over what you have in place at the time of the attack , so I can see what I might need to bring along to successfully attack and destroy what you have . I am not going to attack blindly at a place and lose my expensive ships in a futile attack , in the same manner as you ran the attack on Marcus at his home world . And if you had any surprises , why have you not yet employed them ?Do you take joy in losing in the neighborhood of 10 million+ tons of ships to my single ship and not stopping it ? That ship went back home , got new weapons built into it , and is back in your homesystem . I am sure you will see it soon enough , unless you restrict yourself to your home world .

You also claim some people have a direct line to Pete . His number is listed at the RTG homepage , surely , and for everyone to see . But have you actually tried to get a hold of him ? It is near to impossible . So , to ask Pete questions directly , you need to send him an email....about 70% of the time you will get an answer , and the answer could take a day or a week to get to you . I would love to know who has a direct line to Pete . Usually , you can get hold of Russ , but Russ does not get very involved with Supernova , so he will only know general info , but he will make sure the info / question is passed along to Pete , and if you have questions , and it goes through Russ to Pete , then you will definitely get an answer . I ask questions , certainly . If you don't , then that is up to you , but no fault of mine .

i have 282 shipards on deana 3b and1 slip that have been there from the outset.. i did a scrp order with a negative number to repair the surface fort... hve pete check this if you want ..... an there is a reason obitals are as follews:

6 BASE Warp Watch Base Station A 280,000 PROHIBITED 2

and i had these to tow them:

3 AUXL F250 Light Auxiliary A 28,100 PROHIBITED 2

1 AUXM F450 Medium Auxiliary A 70,200

and as to your response to my direct lineto pete.... i talked to him about the deploc issue on multiple occasions and he has always denied that there ws a problem with it.... so I take it that he is a liar???????

----- Post-Battle Damage Assessment Report-----

Side 1 [9] 1 Necromancer class BB..................................................1 Heavy

Side 2 [1] 1 D3b class PSX..................................................1 Crippled

================================================================================

========================================= -----ORB (Orbital Reconnaissance)-----

ORB: 88, b 88th Battlegroup #88 located at Deana-3b, conducts a detailed Orbital Reconnaissance of moon b

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- PopGroup Population Governing Empire ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 28115 22,458 Krovikan #1020 (Black Flag With Veni-Vidi-Vici Written In Red)

> 1 Chemical Refinery, 423 City(s), 4025 Crystal Refinery(s), 1305 Gas Refinery(s), 1 Gemstones Mine, > 1 Ghuran Demonblood Refinery, 3 Hydroelectric Power Plant(s), 160 Imperial Medical Center(s), 1 Imperial Port Authority Complex, > 6300 Improved Industrial Complex(s), 1084 Industrial Complex(s), 6276 Iron Mine(s), 2525 Rare Elements Mine(s), > 121 Stripmining Complex(s), 1 Subterranean City, 1 Water Purification Plant -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Special exploration discoveries spotted at this world include: a battered alien Shipyard a battered Imperial Port Authority Complex a battered planetary defense complex

a deserted colony a deserted Frontier Base a deserted Microbiotic Decontamination Center a deserted Orbital Crystal Refinery a deserted Terraforming Station a devastated alien city a Fission Power Plant a highly radioactive Geothermal Coretap Station a smashed Defense Fortress a smashed planetary defense battery a wondrous Grand Cathedral dedicated to Grandillon the Trickster a wrecked alien Astronomical Observatory a wrecked alien starship a wrecked Astronomical Observatory Alien Tech Alien Technology an alien Antimatter Power Complex an Alien Laboratory

Friday, March 18, 2011 Ynoloc Consortium 673 Page 15 of 125

an alien Orbital Solar Power Station an alien Science Institute an ancient Orbital Solar Power Station an ancient Science Institute

an Antimatter Power Complex an Cloning Center filled with bizarre creatures an Imperial Courthouse

an Imperial Penal an Imperial Zoo Ancient Records Ancient Tech Hidden Vault Primitive Artwork the remains of an the remains of an

Colony gutted by small arms fire

Imperial University Industrial Complex

Your teams estimate that this world has been fairly heavily explored. ================================================================================

=========================================

-----GEO (Geological Survey)-----

GEO: 88, b 88th Battlegroup #88 located at Deana-3b, conducts a detailed Geological Survey of moon b

Resource Yield ratings are listed following each entry, with high Yield values being desirable. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- > Iron (1283), Crystals (1147), Ghuran Demonblood (1077), Gemstones (1074), Hydroelectric Potential (1033), > Gaseous Elements (900), Industrial Chemicals (884), Water (713), Coal (684), Precious Metals (671), > Rare Elements (556) ================================================================================

-----NM (Naval Movement)-----

NM: 88, Deana, 3c

88th Battlegroup #88 moves to Deana-3c ================================================================================

========================================

No shipyard ....and this is directly after my attack . I came back to the world on pulse one of the next turn , and no PDS there .

Friday, April 01, 2011 Krovikan 1020 Page 3 of 43

================================================================================

-----CON (Construct Installation)-----

CON: 1, Shipyard Slip, 28115

Imperial construction workers report that 1 Shipyard Slip(s) was built at Population Group # 28115

-----CON (Construct Installation)-----

CON: 300, Shipyard, 28115

** There is only enough unemployed population to man 286 Shipyard(s)

Imperial construction workers report that 286 Shipyard(s) were built at Population Group # 28115

-----SCRP (Scrap Ship)-----

SCRP: -1, D3b, 550, 28115

A D3B is ordered repaired from Bye Bye as directed