Rolling Thunder Forums

New Special Game (No TA's)

Reece

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve,

I like your random setup idea, it will force a lot of diplomacy early in the game. My only problem with it is there are a few countries I feel I have been there, done that. I am sure you and others feel the same. Perhaps we can eliminate maybe 10 countries from our list or so, rather than make a preference list?

Steve,

My only problem with it is there are a few countries I feel I have been there, done that. I am sure you and others feel the same. Perhaps we can eliminate maybe 10 countries from our list or so, rather than make a preference list?

I can understand your concern. I for instance would be naseous if I had to play Denmark one more time. That being said if we start making exceptions who will have the courage to play Iceland in a No TA Game?

I can see the point both ways and you are probably correct given it takes 40 people to fill the game and most may have have very strong negative feelings for some countries in a NO TA game. It's all up to Russ. I think the best solution is that you can list your prefrences as usual but people who pick Random setup get slotted first just to shake up peoples prefrence lists a bit.

This is an interesting concept, but I do think it would go best with a random setup as well. You can still get in with friends and family and play as a team, just that only one person is going to win. The intel will be a factor for sure, and air travel could be very problematic.

How many lines from the Highlander movie will this game spawn over the course of 73 turns? "There can be only one!" :laugh:

A Brogan

Hi Guys,

I can go with random setups for the first batch then as normal afterwards - that's an interesting twist to add. My thought would be that with the random setup request players would just give me a list of nations that they do NOT want to play no matter what - it'll make getting a viable setup a little more difficult but I'd rather put more time into that than see folks drop because they got stuck with a nation that they can't stand for some reason.

I'm also planning on increasing the starting morale in the no-TA game (as a possible prelude to doing it for all new games). With no TAs morale will be more difficult to build up so I think it will definitely help in this game. My thought is to double starting morale from 150 to 300.

Right now we are about 40% of the way to the start point so if you are interested please let me know and get your registration in. If you are already on the list - any recruiting (new folks, former players, current players - all welcome) you can do would be a big help :)

Take care & good gaming!

Russ :alien2:

Hi Guys,

I can go with random setups for the first batch then as normal afterwards - that's an interesting twist to add. My thought would be that with the random setup request players would just give me a list of nations that they do NOT want to play no matter what - it'll make getting a viable setup a little more difficult but I'd rather put more time into that than see folks drop because they got stuck with a nation that they can't stand for some reason.

I'm also planning on increasing the starting morale in the no-TA game (as a possible prelude to doing it for all new games). With no TAs morale will be more difficult to build up so I think it will definitely help in this game. My thought is to double starting morale from 150 to 300.

Awesome! The Morale change is very wise, Thank You!

As for excluding countries from a random list that is also a fine way to solve the issue and thanks for taking on the extra work.

I for one will have no exclusions as I fear no country or the challenges they pose.

Hi Guys,

Awesome! The Morale change is very wise, Thank You!

As for excluding countries from a random list that is also a fine way to solve the issue and thanks for taking on the extra work.

I for one will have no exclusions as I fear no country or the challenges they pose.

Sure Steve, but you're a pro, us mortals need a little help!

Guest Spongebob

I have given so such remit to either of you, your both required to bow down before me and beg for your continued existence. I have opted for the Random set up and excluded all other nations except Denmark... so in theory I have a random chance of one.

Guest Spongebob

This is why you will never rule Spongistan, there are no people in Denmark - ONLY SPONGES.- Come on lets get this Party Started, DC wants a Sponge Bath