Rolling Thunder Forums

Official: Turns Are In Thread

EternusIV

Well it is sunday now even in the states (9.15 am sunday here) and no turns...oh well...

:wub:

/Locklyn

Well, 2 in the morning Mountain Time - just finished creating the pdf's and data files - sending now, and it takes a few hours for everything to clear through some mail servers.

Thanks for the update Pete! Now I will wait patiently for the turns to make their way through the either to me :cannon:

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Turns are in.....seems there is an oddity in the production of raw resources of the stripminers this turn.......the normal ones produced at the very end of production , thus dumping all resources into stockpiles , and not being available to produce resources....this caused a cascading effect because resources were then not availabe to produce items....think production is going have to be run again, had that happen with all positions that use the raw resources....

Turns are in.....seems there is an oddity in the production of raw resources of the stripminers this turn.......the normal ones produced at the very end of production , thus dumping all resources into stockpiles , and not being available to produce resources....this caused a cascading effect because resources were then not availabe to produce items....think production is going have to be run again, had that happen with all positions that use the raw resources....

Same here - ALL mines (Crystals, Iron, Strip, etc..) ran After about 80% of my industrial which resulted in all sorts of production issues - as you say, this would have a cascading effect for several turns of planned events and needs to be corrected.

Same here - ALL mines (Crystals, Iron, Strip, etc..) ran After about 80% of my industrial which resulted in all sorts of production issues - as you say, this would have a cascading effect for several turns of planned events and needs to be corrected.

Ahhh I thought maybe it was an isolated event in my case but I see that it was widespread. :(:(

Ahhh I thought maybe it was an isolated event in my case but I see that it was widespread. :(:(

For what it's worth, Gentlebeings, mine ran normal. These issues seem to constantly affect the older empires; perhaps a closer look at why?????? :cheers:

Ahhh I thought maybe it was an isolated event in my case but I see that it was widespread. :(:cheers:

For what it's worth, Gentlebeings, mine ran normal. These issues seem to constantly affect the older empires; perhaps a closer look at why?????? :cheers:

One of mine is fairly new (turn 30 now) and From Light Metals onward, the production ran *after* the industrial centers. No problem for my empire, though, as it had a healthy stockpile of Raw Resources.

Then I would have to say we need to not be charged for the turns......I depend on the raw resources on all of my newer positions for construction . I am looking at things not being made which I had planned to use on the next turn to construct ships and installations....for me it would be a missing turn , as well as orders I had placed not being fulfilled . If it were my mistake , then it would be different.....in this case it is not my mistake . In the most extreme case I just had 10% of my industries that were able to run .

If production was severely impacted then I could rerun it, but that would delay things (and could change research random hits). Normally when this sort of thing happens it's a fairly minor issue - I'll look at it again after I get some sleep to see if there's an easier solution. One player has already suggested simply doubling production output for next time, which is certainly one possibility. Your thoughts on that versus simply re-running production are welcome.

Like the others : my stripmines/mines ran after production and several orders failed. Doubling production won't compensate the time wasted trying to sort the mess created, it will just need more time to make good use of it and hence will probably just bring other errors. It's true that it shouldn't be such a big deal but I find struggling with the production process each week frustrating enough, the system adding its own errors is a bit over the top. That must be just me..

Perhaps the easiest way to address this is on a per player basis? It sounds like many of us didn't see anything wrong. I actually did see weird issues - luckily for me nothing too annoying - but the biggest issue I had was with a mistake I made on build queue numbering.... :cheers:

If a production re-run affects research hits, then I'd prefer not to have it re-run. However, I hope a 'divine intervention' on behalf of anyone who had major issues could be arranged. I've had serious (self-inflicted) production issues on a HW once and it's no fun to sort out, and if it is a code hiccup then it's not fair to force anyone to go through all that work... :(

-Lx

If production was severely impacted then I could rerun it, but that would delay things (and could change research random hits). Normally when this sort of thing happens it's a fairly minor issue - I'll look at it again after I get some sleep to see if there's an easier solution. One player has already suggested simply doubling production output for next time, which is certainly one possibility. Your thoughts on that versus simply re-running production are welcome.

A 1-turn bump in industrial output would certainly be a satisfactory solution from my perspective. Doubling I think would be over compensating, I'd suggest a 50% bump. Whle several key items didn't build this turn, actual production loss was fairly low.

I'm in the whatever camp. Long ago I learned to try and keep my own supplies and stockpiles in good shape with back up amounts. A wise thing to have stockpiles on hand just in case you have a sudden need for a lot of material. It also helps account for my own stupidity when doing orders (like putting build orders in the wrong sequence). So the net impact of this on me is ... zilch. Interesting reading seeing the Iron produced after the builds. But everything was built and the stockpiles replenished.

Of course I still have the error where it lists build orders that are never run, then repeats listing them being run. But that has existed for quite some time