Rolling Thunder Forums

Official: Turns Are In Thread

EternusIV

I'm running behind as it is (family matters) and will be very carefully watching the convoy route execution phase to ensure that battles which weren't triggering properly do so. This will delay turn results into later on Saturday, but I think it's worth it as battles definitely need to trigger correctly during convoy routes.

Hi Pete,

Maybe this afternoon you could could give us a turn ETA... Are we looking at late Friday or Saturday?

Thanks,

John

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm running behind as it is (family matters) and will be very carefully watching the convoy route execution phase to ensure that battles which weren't triggering properly do so. This will delay turn results into later on Saturday, but I think it's worth it as battles definitely need to trigger correctly during convoy routes.

Hi Pete,

Maybe this afternoon you could could give us a turn ETA... Are we looking at late Friday or Saturday?

Thanks,

John

Later on Saturday.

Hi Pete,

Thanks,

John

Later on Saturday.

Thanks Pete! No staying up until 4am for me tonight :woohoo:))))

Isn't this amazing! :woohoo:

We're dealing Flag Brdges, Religious Leaders, the Future of the Game, What to do about Screens. and Diety[your choice] knows what else; yet every cycle there's at least 4 years of posts telling you it either be Saturday or Sunday: If you have a complaint, reseach the 'Change Processing Date' thread.

Or plan your schedule Accordingly! :woohoo:

Pretty unambiguous, I reckon. He is giving a response to a stated problem which will 'cost' in time spent trying to make it right. Understandable from where I stand.

A sobbing wail of despair...........

Obviously this is a result of the swine flu ... um, excuse me .. H1N1 Influenza ... sweeping across the globe at about 50 people per day. Whoever released the Harmful Biological Munitions should be ashamed of yourself!

Ah , yes , well , I have regained my composure . I guess an evening of listening to the stereo is in order....haven't listened to my turntable in ages , so I guess I will put Spyrogyra's Morning Dance on and sip Bailey's or whatever is around.......hmmm , but then , an evening of Dance / Trance music might be interesting too , to remind me of days past in the northern part of Bavaria and a very lively club scene back then ......

Here's one for the masses.

Has anyone else had a number of ship sightings against declared enemies, with the enemies having their roe set to WHISKEY?

What in the world is Aggro?

Back to world events ....

Well... I have a standing problem with MacroHard repeatedly running into and past my blockading ships by using a convoy route. But I am not yet ready to scream, "Bug!" I have yet to try everything I can think of to trigger a battle.

There is an order of events thing happening here. The way I understand it if I move to a warp point on pulse 10 and move away on pulse 11 there could be no battle.

If your empire runs before mine on pulse 10 your fleet sees nothing as I am not there yet

On Pulse 11 your fleet sees me and battle is setup for end of pulse, but I move away before end of pulse so no battle.

This really gets less likely that a battle will occur if Both fleets are moving.

I have not noticed any battles not occurring when they should recently(this year)

BTW the above only happens because my fleets are set at Q, and I am still wondering why you are blowing up my peaceful survey ships. You must be one of the BAD guys.

There is an order of events thing happening here. The way I understand it if I move to a warp point on pulse 10 and move away on pulse 11 there could be no battle.

If your empire runs before mine on pulse 10 your fleet sees nothing as I am not there yet

On Pulse 11 your fleet sees me and battle is setup for end of pulse, but I move away before end of pulse so no battle.

This really gets less likely that a battle will occur if Both fleets are moving.

I have not noticed any battles not occurring when they should recently(this year)

BTW the above only happens because my fleets are set at Q, and I am still wondering why you are blowing up my peaceful survey ships. You must be one of the BAD guys.

That is a very plausible theory when two fleets are moving. However, 2 turns ago I had a HW assault (ROE of X-Ray and declaration of war) that did not trigger a battle on a non-mobile fleet; fortunately for me :cannon: , I screwed up one of my orders to clear out anything at other orbits and returned to the HW which did then trigger a battle.

There is an order of events, but I think you've got it wrong. Sightings are triggered when an empire moves to a location, not away from a location. In your example above, if I moved first on pulse 10 to WP 1234, I wouldn't see anything at that time. But when your empire then executes pulse 10 and you move to WP 1234 a sighting is generated and reported on turn results and the location is flagged for potential battle. All other empires pulse 10 orders are executed, and then the flagged locations are looked at. If the conditions are right for a battle, namely someone has a hot ROE, the battle should happen. This would all be resolved before you moved away on pulse 11.

Now, lets say I'm already sitting at WP 1234 (have been there for a long time or moved there on pulse 9) and my pulse 10 order is to move to another location. Your pulse 10 order is to move to WP 1234. If my pulse 10 goes first, I get no sighting, and therefore no battle, when you move to WP 1234 because I'm already gone. If you go first on pulse 10, I get a sighting and the location is flagged for a battle. But all pulse 10's are executed before battles occur and on my pulse 10 I move away. When the flags are looked at, we are no longer co-located so there will not be a battle even though I did get a sighting.

Sightings/battles in convoy routes are different because all convoy route orders of one empire are executed before moving on to the next empire. This means that only the empire whose convoy route is being executed is moving. If sightings are generated along the convoy route, there is no way the other empire could move away before a battle is triggered. Therefore, generally speaking, all sightings in a convoy route involving someone with a hot ROE should generate a battle.

This is why it so important that battles during convoy routes work properly. Otherwise, an empire can make itself immune to attacks from enemies by setting up key movements as convoys. This seems to be the situation D.I.E. has found himself in. Whether intentional or not, MacroHard has put himself in a position where his fleets on convoy are immune to attack by the blockading forces of D.I.E.

Sightings/battles in convoy routes are different because all convoy route orders of one empire are executed before moving on to the next empire. This means that only the empire whose convoy route is being executed is moving. If sightings are generated along the convoy route, there is no way the other empire could move away before a battle is triggered. Therefore, generally speaking, all sightings in a convoy route involving someone with a hot ROE should generate a battle.

This is why it so important that battles during convoy routes work properly. Otherwise, an empire can make itself immune to attacks from enemies by setting up key movements as convoys. This seems to be the situation D.I.E. has found himself in. Whether intentional or not, MacroHard has put himself in a position where his fleets on convoy are immune to attack by the blockading forces of D.I.E.

Hasn't this exploit been around for a while? I seem to recall the Hellenes tried it once or was it some other Empire I was at war with?

:cannon:

/Locklyn