EternusIV

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's one for the masses.

Has anyone else had a number of ship sightings against declared enemies, with the enemies having their roe set to WHISKEY?

What in the world is Aggro?

Back to world events ....

Well... I have a standing problem with MacroHard repeatedly running into and past my blockading ships by using a convoy route. But I am not yet ready to scream, "Bug!" I have yet to try everything I can think of to trigger a battle.

Aggro is a World of Warcraft thing....when you kill monsters , the monster's buddies tend to not like it , so they attack you . Wife aggro is when you are playing some game , and the wife is upset that you are spending your time playing said game......marriages have been broken up by some of the games guys play when they get obsessive with them.....

Try and put the fleet on XSENS. I had an unaffiliated neighbor fleet move into an area where it was not welcome and nothing happened, not even an enemy fleet sighting when it jumped trough the wormhole where I had a worm hole sentry on patrol on the other side. Next thing in the standing orders, the XSENS order got processed and a battle was triggered. The fleet was dealt with accordingly, of course. No survivors to shoot a second time...

And no, he did not have a cloaking device equipped.

But having a fleet sighting without a battle triggering when it should have : no, I have not been that unfortunate.

ROE Me: Q

ROE Him: S

Calamaran.

Well... I have a standing problem with MacroHard repeatedly running into and past my blockading ships by using a convoy route. But I am not yet ready to scream, "Bug!" I have yet to try everything I can think of to trigger a battle.

As long as your blockading fleet's ROE is set to Tango or higher (or Romeo if you have set your PAP with Macrohard to WAR), and you are getting sightings of him going through your blockade, a battle should be triggered, even if this is occuring in a convoy. That is all you should have to do to trigger a battle. You should not have to be jumping through any hoops to get a battle to occur. Bug or not, something is not working and I would let Pete know about this.

Try and put the fleet on XSENS......

Calamaran.

This will not do any good if the sightings are happening in a convoy route. All standing orders are executed before any convoy routes are run. Even if convoy routes ran first, the enemy would have to end his movement in the convoy route at the same location where you have a fleet on XSENS.

Try and put the fleet on XSENS. I had an unaffiliated neighbor fleet move into an area where it was not welcome and nothing happened, not even an enemy fleet sighting when it jumped trough the wormhole where I had a worm hole sentry on patrol on the other side. Next thing in the standing orders, the XSENS order got processed and a battle was triggered. The fleet was dealt with accordingly, of course. No survivors to shoot a second time...

But having a fleet sighting without a battle triggering when it should have : no, I have not been that unfortunate.

Calamaran.

Having the XSENS at the top of the Que makes a lot of sense but, I must confess, having ROE beyond T escapes me. There's too much hair splitting beyond that.

A good whack on the first encounter may get their attention, and another whack to come to an agreement may be necessary; but "I'll attack if we have this but not that" seems ridiculous to me. By that point it should be either 'all out' or 'stay away' until I can take'em.

No sarcasm intended, but if anyone has a valid arguement for the other ROE's I'd love to hear it. It might keep me from making a big mistake later on.

:):thumbsup:

Calamaran.

Having the XSENS at the top of the Que makes a lot of sense but, I must confess, having ROE beyond T escapes me. There's too much hair splitting beyond that.

A good whack on the first encounter may get their attention, and another whack to come to an agreement may be necessary; but "I'll attack if we have this but not that" seems ridiculous to me. By that point it should be either 'all out' or 'stay away' until I can take'em.

No sarcasm intended, but if anyone has a valid arguement for the other ROE's I'd love to hear it. It might keep me from making a big mistake later on.

:):thumbsup:

These ROE's would be helpful for the program to determine multi-party battles participants.

I would expect that Military Alliances (or higher allies) will join a battle on the same side, while

Trade Partners and below might even stay out of a battle completely.

Dunno if is it used, though.

I'm running behind as it is (family matters) and will be very carefully watching the convoy route execution phase to ensure that battles which weren't triggering properly do so. This will delay turn results into later on Saturday, but I think it's worth it as battles definitely need to trigger correctly during convoy routes.

We didn't have any production problems, but we did notice our "Unsurveyed Warp Points" list didn't get updated last cycle. We're waiting to see if it recurs.

If you're seeing warp poits that you've definitely surveyed show up (probably along with their surveyed counterparts) in the dropdown list in the entry program, that happens if you SURV a warp point in a new star system before SS'ing there. Just make sure to SS first :woohoo: I can clear out the extra entries to make your dropdowns show just the surveyed warp points. In any event it doesn't affect anything - once you've surveyed, that warp point can be traversed.

No, the turn entry program was fine (which is why we didn't scream) but the list of unsurveyed points in between the two fleet listings in the PDF still showed points that we successfully SURV'd last turn.

No, the turn entry program was fine (which is why we didn't scream) but the list of unsurveyed points in between the two fleet listings in the PDF still showed points that we successfully SURV'd last turn.

Krelnett - I've found that if I blindly jump into a system (only to find I've been there previously) and perform a SS, those warp points show up as unsurveyed, but disappear the following turn.

Krelnett - I've found that if I blindly jump into a system (only to find I've been there previously) and perform a SS, those warp points show up as unsurveyed, but disappear the following turn.

Ah, that's almost certainly what happened. Thank you.