Rolling Thunder Forums

Official: Turns Are In Thread

EternusIV

If it is OK with WKE, I will consider this to be early Sunday and go to bed disappointed in in RTG.

If it is not OK with him, I'm doing it any way. :blink:

You have my permission to go to bed. Don't forget to brush your teeth and clean behind your ears before you hit the pillow. :)

Oh, and got my turns in a short time after you went to sleep. Which makes this oh so funny, at least to me. :D

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wouldn't want to move to a three week cycle. It's bad enough waiting to get results back in the current cycle (meaning I'm impatient to see results, not that I'm annoyed at results coming in later in the weekends).

If people are really unhappy about processing time perhaps the discussion we need to have is around restricting parts of the game mechanics. AP caps on fleets? What else is causing delays?

We have to remember Pete is one man. We seem to go thru these whinging sessions every two weeks...get over it already.

LX

I wouldn't want to move to a three week cycle. It's bad enough waiting to get results back in the current cycle (meaning I'm impatient to see results, not that I'm annoyed at results coming in later in the weekends).

If people are really unhappy about processing time perhaps the discussion we need to have is around restricting parts of the game mechanics. AP caps on fleets? What else is causing delays?

We have to remember Pete is one man. We seem to go thru these whinging sessions every two weeks...get over it already.

LX

3 week would be ok but, sadly, I think that would only mean extra time to work on your turns;thus, extra orders; thus extra burden on the system; thus the same 'delay' [if not longer]. The only immediate benefit being we only go thru rant about once a month instead of twice.

I think Lord Xaar's on the right track about examining the things that cause the delays.

BTW: Thanks, Pete! Got'em both.

Since RTG is lothe to change the game to put in AP limits or fleet size limits or other restrictions so the game can run in a reasonable time, I predict that this game will eventually have to be run once every three weeks, as it will take one whole week to begin with to process the turns. Either that or buy a used supercomputer to handle the processing. :)

What about the occaisional cycle where we do get them Friday evening? Did everyone just happen to halt their convoy routes for that cycle?

Since RTG is lothe to change the game to put in AP limits or fleet size limits or other restrictions so the game can run in a reasonable time, I predict that this game will eventually have to be run once every three weeks, as it will take one whole week to begin with to process the turns. Either that or buy a used supercomputer to handle the processing. :)

What about the occaisional cycle where we do get them Friday evening? Did everyone just happen to halt their convoy routes for that cycle?

I guess Pete started processing these on time.

I guess Pete started processing these on time.

Being ever the optimist, I should like to point out the last time the turns came in on Friday there were no complaints of missed battles, lost resources, vanishing fleets, slovenly ministers, cowardly armies, or any of a dozen more glitches that plague us. ^_^

I should also point out that 'late Saturday' usually translates into all of the above. :blink:

Perhaps someone would like to wonk these parameters and give us a whole new thread to thrash about on? ;)

:D:cheers:

Normally, when I finally step into the ring asking (politely!) where the turns might be, they turn up almost seconds later. So last night when I asked, it was all part of a cunning plan - that didn't work! They came out 45 minutes after I went to bed.

Ah well, so much for my tactical genius. I got them now though, so all is well this fine Sunday morning....

If it is OK with WKE, I will consider this to be early Sunday and go to bed disappointed in in RTG.

If it is not OK with him, I'm doing it any way. :blink:

You have my permission to go to bed. Don't forget to brush your teeth and clean behind your ears before you hit the pillow. :)

Oh, and got my turns in a short time after you went to sleep. Which makes this oh so funny, at least to me. :D

I cheated slightly and noticed the post that the tuns were in so I dd go to bed, I just took the laptop too.

If it is not OK with him, I'm doing it any way. ;)

Oh, and got my turns in a short time after you went to sleep. Which makes this oh so funny, at least to me. :blink:

I cheated slightly and noticed the post that the tuns were in so I dd go to bed, I just took the laptop too.

Well I hope you have a wireless connection. A 60 foot broadband cable tends to get tangled in the sheets easily. Also some padding for the laptop, in case you roll over on it in your sleep. ^_^

OH .. and my three-week item was in jest. :D

OH .. and my three-week item was in jest. :blink:

I got it, but apparently the rest of the members don't consider this a laughing matter. :D

Perhaps a 'tongue in cheek' emoticon the next time? ^_^

At least until the MkV Levity Generator is availible. ;)

:):cheers:

OH .. and my three-week item was in jest. ;)

I got it, but apparently the rest of the members don't consider this a laughing matter. :blink:

Perhaps a 'tongue in cheek' emoticon the next time? :cheers:

At least until the MkV Levity Generator is availible. ^_^

:D:thumbsup:

Now THAT'S a weapon I'd build. The enemy dies laughing. :)

OH .. and my three-week item was in jest. ^_^

I got it, but apparently the rest of the members don't consider this a laughing matter. ;)

Perhaps a 'tongue in cheek' emoticon the next time? :thumbsup:

At least until the MkV Levity Generator is availible. :cheers:

:D:cheers:

The Naval Tech tree begins with the MkI Pastry Launcher; and the Ground requires the 'Portable', 'Medium' & 'Heavy' Seltzer Cannons.

:blink::mellow:

OH .. and my three-week item was in jest. :cheers:

I got it, but apparently the rest of the members don't consider this a laughing matter. ^_^

Perhaps a 'tongue in cheek' emoticon the next time? :cheers:

At least until the MkV Levity Generator is availible. :thumbsup:

:blink::mellow:

The Naval Tech tree begins with the MkI Pastry Launcher; and the Ground requires the 'Portable', 'Medium' & 'Heavy' Seltzer Cannons.

;):cheers:

But don't you also need to develop an LC(Legendary Comic)? :D

• 2 weeks later...