Rolling Thunder Forums

Official: Turns Are In Thread

EternusIV

Try to keep things in perspective. I am much more tolerant of problems when they are caused by changes made to improve the game. Better of course if there was more testing to try to catch such problems while there is still time to correct them, but whenever you make changes to a system there is the risk of causing problems. If people make too big a fuss, RTG will be reluctant to take any risks improving the game. Yes, it is inconvenient missing that information for a turn, but by next turn, it will mostly be forgotten. A lot of the missing information can be filled in by comparing to the prior turn. A lot of it isn't really critical and can be missed for one turn. The fate of empires doesn't hing on one missing industrial report. And Pete has already stated that the information simply doesn't exist. He would give it to you if he could. We'll just have to make do for a turn. This cycle we received better feedback and quicker turn results than in the past as well as more manageable size turn results. If that continues in the future it is worth the inconvenience this hopefully one time bug caused in my opinion.

If people really want to debate this further, I suggest starting a separate thread for it. Or better yet, let's drop it and move on.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am not slamming them, I've gotten more emails from Pete saying "yes it was bugged, sorry can't do anything about it" than most I would reckon, especially with my flag bridge combats that still do not work correctly. I've reported bugs and exploits that Pete said he had fixed that are still to this day exist. I express my feeling as a paying customer that it does not cut it to perform changes without proper testing that then affect multitude of players. I am still here, still spending my +$100 dollars a month and have done so from day one.

There are a lot of exploits being rather heavily used that in my book are game breaking. Some are simply due to Pete being overworked and not checking his code properly, some bugs are totally unexplainable as Pete has said he has fixed them. As for myself, if Pete declines to fix an exploit after I have reported it, I simply assume that it is okay to use it untill he repairs it since everyone else seems to do it.

Again, while I aplaud the rapid reply, it still the same I've gotten countless time, "sorry, too bad for you" but of course since there is no other game like this one out there and I am addicted to it, my friends and alliance I try to learn to roll with the blows...but I don't intend to do it quietly.

/Lars

Try to keep things in perspective. I am much more tolerant of problems when they are caused by changes made to improve the game. Better of course if there was more testing to try to catch such problems while there is still time to correct them, but whenever you make changes to a system there is the risk of causing problems. If people make too big a fuss, RTG will be reluctant to take any risks improving the game. Yes, it is inconvenient missing that information for a turn, but by next turn, it will mostly be forgotten. A lot of the missing information can be filled in by comparing to the prior turn. A lot of it isn't really critical and can be missed for one turn. The fate of empires doesn't hing on one missing industrial report. And Pete has already stated that the information simply doesn't exist. He would give it to you if he could. We'll just have to make do for a turn. This cycle we received better feedback and quicker turn results than in the past as well as more manageable size turn results. If that continues in the future it is worth the inconvenience this hopefully one time bug caused in my opinion.

If people really want to debate this further, I suggest starting a separate thread for it. Or better yet, let's drop it and move on.

I have listed *four* more bugs, which I find way more important than a not printed industrial run.

Change is good, but should be tested. *That* is professional. RTG is not a hobby, its a business.

But if I cannot initiate battles, while my opponents can might descided the fate of an empire.

Lars, I think any exploits that are reported but not quickly fixed should be made public to all players so the playing field remains level. What I personally find reprehensible is when a subset of players are "in the known" and exploiting an obvious bug in the system while keeping the existence of the exploit secret from other players. That is not being clever or playing skillfully; that is what I consider cheating. You may be honest and not exploit it, but others will not have the same level of self control. If it is truly a bug in the game system, notify Pete and give him a reasonable amount of time to fix it, then make it public so everyone is aware of it. Hopefully that will give Pete additional incentive to fix it.

But if I cannot initiate battles, while my opponents can might descided the fate of an empire.

I fully agree that the battle trigger bug has gone on much too long and needs to be fixed. I don't care if we have to stop the game to give Pete time to rewrite that entire part of the program, that needs to be fixed. Indeed it can affect the fate of empires. It is too important to leave in its current sorry state. It has never worked correctly and I don't really understand why as the vast majority of encounters are two player encounters where the battle trigger logic is simple and straightforward.

People do have to realize that no amount of testing will ever 100% prevent problems. I assume RTG doesn't have the resources for a complete testbed/QA environment. I do think they can do much better, but whenever changes are made there is always some chance of problems.

Lars, I think any exploits that are reported but not quickly fixed should be made public to all players so the playing field remains level. What I personally find reprehensible is when a subset of players are "in the known" and exploiting an obvious bug in the system while keeping the existence of the exploit secret from other players. That is not being clever or playing skillfully; that is what I consider cheating. You may be honest and not exploit it, but others will not have the same level of self control. If it is truly a bug in the game system, notify Pete and give him a reasonable amount of time to fix it, then make it public so everyone is aware of it. Hopefully that will give Pete additional incentive to fix it.

And breaking the game?

No these bugs should be fixed as soon as possible.

If a fix is not possible, it is up for Pete to tell the playerbase.

*That* is professional. RTG is not a hobby, its a business.

And *THAT* is exactly my point. The issue of "I'm a paying customer" has been made over and over and over and over and over for years and years and years and years. If you are not happy with the way RTG is running/handling things then take your money elsewhere. Quit threatening and do it already.

Your points would be quite valid if this were a *NEW* issue. These things have been going on for *YEARS*. This is *NOT NEW*. Everyone has had more than enough time to decide if the way RTG runs things is acceptable to them or not.

And *THAT* is exactly my point. The issue of "I'm a paying customer" has been made over and over and over and over and over for years and years and years and years. If you are not happy with the way RTG is running/handling things then take your money elsewhere. Quit threatening and do it already.

Your points would be quite valid if this were a *NEW* issue. These things have been going on for *YEARS*. This is *NOT NEW*. Everyone has had more than enough time to decide if the way RTG runs things is acceptable to them or not.

Can't you read? I am *not* "threatening" to quit, because I like the game, flawed like it is, because there is nothing better around. *But* I expect Pete to do better.

I hold it like Lars: I won't be quiet about it. Your attitude will never help to increase the quality !

If you like to play a buggy game, go on an play. If you do not like other players to voice their dislike of things handling, quit playing! Defending bad management of business will get you nothing.

All the issues were reported to be *FIXED*! So the *are* *NEW*.

And that RTG is doing it like this for years does not help, either.

Sounds to me, you want to get all the other players to quit, so you can rule the galaxy :rolleyes:

And I put in some constructive points, which were *not* voiced to my knowledge.

So please quit defending bad business and set me on the ignore list, if you cannot stand some *constructive* criticism.

Can't you read? I am *not* "threatening" to quit, because I like the game, flawed like it is, because there is nothing better around. *But* I expect Pete to do better.

I hold it like Lars: I won't be quiet about it. Your attitude will never help to increase the quality !

If you like to play a buggy game, go on an play. If you do not like other players to voice their dislike of things handling, quit playing! Defending bad management of business will get you nothing.

All the issues were reported to be *FIXED*! So the *are* *NEW*.

And that RTG is doing it like this for years does not help, either.

Sounds to me, you want to get all the other players to quit, so you can rule the galaxy :rolleyes:

And I put in some constructive points, which were *not* voiced to my knowledge.

So please quit defending bad business and set me on the ignore list, if you cannot stand some *constructive* criticism.

I think the problem is that your expectations are maybe a little too high, no disrespect to you or to RTG.

Sometimes you have to accept that things wont always be perfect and appreciate what you do have (glass half full and all that :0),

Mr El Capitan, the game is run by RTG , in fact...but RTG is not the game . the players are the game , and we pay money to be allowed to continue to play , and for the game to also continue . In most of your posts , you are telling people to quit the game......yes , and if this did happen , in fact , do you honestly believe RTG would continue to run the game? There are a number of players who easily spend over a 100 dollars each month to play this game , and if that income were gone for RTG , then RTG might be forced to quit offering the game . While many people are of a forgiving nature within reason , when a problem persists and nothing is done to correct it , then , as a paying customer , one has the right to say something . Think about that next time you tell people to quit the game .

• 2 weeks later...
Friday AM 8:45 Denver should give a clue as to when the PDF come. Even if it is a Saturday projection!

What dose the Pete think?

:thumbsup:

Definitely Friday - probably later on this afternoon (Mountain Time).

:unsure:

Nine little words (mountain is iffy)

But they mean so much more than:

Of course I will still love you tomorrow, dear!

Would every one who wanted to hear those words from Pete, flood him with thumbs up until the turns come down!

His news is appreciated a lot! (not quite as much as when its bad, but still appreciated).

looker listening