Rolling Thunder Forums

Those Pesky G's

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am guessing that you are not part of an alliance by that question. It is a hard choice to make when you don't already know someone else in the game -- play alone or join an alliance.

Personally, I chose to try and start my own alliance. It failed since I didn't join the game at the core. I didn't have any information from early in the game. Still, I know that being part of an alliance is by far the best source of information. You will find it difficult to get information from those who are in alliances due to their alliegance to their fellow members. However trivial it may seem there is always a possibility that someone in the alliance will not like you divulging information to those outside the alliance.

This is the case here. While I know the answer to your question I can't answer you.

My advice is to find an alliance to join. The Phoenix Arisen was an excellent choice for me. As a group we are extremely well informed and new information is shared between us through a website, emails, and phone calls. We also have a weekly chat session on the chat section of our website. You just can't beat that kind of interaction and it the strongest argument I can make against trying to make it on your own.

Regarding membership in the Phoenix Arisen alliance....we consider each new prospective member to be a group decision; Membership is not up to one person. You could email any of our members about joining.

Hmmmm... By trial an error i have found that 20 Mk I's can crack a type D and I have

a survey ship that has cracked an E with 8 Mk II's

For those of us that didnt go too heavy into JSS research the only real problem would be

those F's and higher in a warp nexus. If you encounter a WP higher then E in a system with

any kind of orbits at all you could ALWAYS drop a colony beacon on the orbit then the next turn build a science outpost with 1 of each type of science construct and presto You can crack pretty much any WP in the system

With this in mind it might be best to NUD your explorer ships with at least 5 Colonial berthing units and enough cargo to carry the required CM's

Of course if you encounter a warp nexus then you will have to either research the JSS's

or trade with another position for higher tech JSS.

I have done a "G" with 5 Mk IIs....BUT I did have a high level explorer and a high level scientist on the fleet :(

To give you some idea, I think a G may have a difficulty rating of around 160...

If you have a level 6 explorer then you will 60% off (96 in this case)

If you also have a level 5 scientist (another 25% off) then you will not be far off!

Hope this helps :cheers:

I am guessing that you are not part of an alliance by that question. It is a hard choice to make when you don't already know someone else in the game -- play alone or join an alliance.

This is the case here. While I know the answer to your question I can't answer you.

Gee, nice way to be so anit-social. Is this what Phoenix Arisen is all about? He asks a simple question that others have answered before on this site (and as you can see, others are still willing to answer), and the PA gets all high and mighty about it. "We know the answer but can't tell you because of blah, blah, blah...". Why did you even respond except to try to show you think your superior to everyone. Every week the PA members sink to new lows on how they play this game and interact with others. Bah!

Jump Survey Sensors - how many MK II's and / or MK III's does it takes to survey E's, F's, G's and H's?

The Warp Point survey Supplement gives point values but doesn't go into detail.

IF your G is in a system with a world you can create a small colony on, you are in luck. You can colonize a world, build ALL the science installations, and easily survey the warp point with an easy amount of JSS support.

If your G is in a Nexus, then you are screwed, and it will take, as mentioned above, several Mk III or Mk IV's.

If you have a good explorer and scientist, then one of each of those, backed up by some MK III or Mk IV JSS technology should handle them fairly easily.

At least, this is my take. Others probably have more experience than I.

Tom

Rathe Federation

Red Griffin Rampant on Black

If my assumptions are correct an Explorer Level Scout with at least 20 Mk II and no Installations

migth have a chance to crack a G warp point.

I have verified my assumptions only up to E class Warp points, but up to them they stand firm.

(I have assumed G as Strength 170)

Cestvel

Gee, nice way to be so anit-social. Is this what Phoenix Arisen is all about? He asks a simple question that others have answered before on this site (and as you can see, others are still willing to answer), and the PA gets all high and mighty about it. "We know the answer but can't tell you because of blah, blah, blah...". Why did you even respond except to try to show you think your superior to everyone. Every week the PA members sink to new lows on how they play this game and interact with others. Bah!

What?

Leave it to a Senate Member to misinterpret personal pride in membership and prior experiences with an attempt to display superiority.

PhaseDragon tried to help by explaining to a new player the benefits of membership in an organization as a method of solving not only this, but other challenges he may encounter going forward.

A legitimate and helpful reply. Unlike the jabbing, cynical, unhelpful, misinterpretive reply added to this list by some. Perhaps this sort of behavior could be met with your own reply "Every week the Senate members sink to new lows on how they play this game and interact with others." Then again, we do not automatically assume your behavior is representate of the entire Senate membership.

Although it is most certainly a policy of our alliance to maintain as secret information we consider to be of strategic advantage, it is an even more important that we allow our members to speak freely of their own personal views and experiences and to help others within the limits of maintaining alliance confidentiality when required. We are proud to have PhaseDragon as a member and recognize his effort at assisting newcomers as building a better game for all.

Perhaps the Apshai emperor should propose a new by-law that requires Senate members to divulge all state secrets to anyone on the board that asks.

If my assumptions are correct an Explorer Level Scout with at least 20 Mk II and no Installations

migth have a chance to crack a G warp point.

I have verified my assumptions only up to E class Warp points, but up to them they stand firm.

(I have assumed G as Strength 170)

Cestvel

Anybody else have a guess as to what a G-class Warp Point takes? I think it is closer to 200.

-SK :cheers:

Does anyone (who is willing to help) know exactly how much strength multiple jump survey sensors provide? It seems like they add up somehow.

For example are 100 MK I sensors equal to 10 MK 2, and 1 MK 3?

Or would it be more like 64 MK I sensors to 8 MK 2 sensor to 1 MK 3?

Thanks,

Jeff

Does anyone (who is willing to help) know exactly how much strength multiple jump survey sensors provide? It seems like they add up somehow.

For example are 100 MK I sensors equal to 10 MK 2, and 1 MK 3?

Or would it be more like 64 MK I sensors to 8 MK 2 sensor to 1 MK 3?

Thanks,

Jeff

The drop off is pretty severe from the primary JSS to the secondary JSS and so on. Most of my survey vessels carry two or four JSSs and I really haven't seen much of a difference between having two and having four on board. In retrospect, I would suggest carrying one JSS on board as I haven't seen much damage from interstellar phenomena and if your survey ship gets into a major fight, you probably won't survive it. Explorers and Scientists are far more useful than multiple JSSs, IMO.

FWIW,

-SK :D