Rolling Thunder Forums

GenCon

RTGPete

As it happens, I've just found out that I've got an opportunity to attend GenCon this year in Indianapolis. It's a mere 3 weeks away but I can make it. I haven't been to GenCon in a while, and am expecting to have a great time.

If anybody is able to attend, I'd be more than happy to get together and talk Supernova. We'd just need to figure out a time and place to meet up :cheers:

GenCon is in Indianapolis, Indiana and runs from August 19th to the 22nd. More info can be had at http://www.gencon.com/

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indy is not far from Chicago. I might be able to swing a day. Would be interested in hearing if an 'official' meeting date and time is selected for a group session at a convenient watering hole.

Octus

Actually, since I am relocating to Minneapolis, I think that Indianapolis might be do-able. Please provide the details, and if there is any way to get information on the convention in general, please let me know. I haven't kept up with the 'cons for years.

Indy is not far from Chicago. I might be able to swing a day. Would be interested in hearing if an 'official' meeting date and time is selected for a group session at a convenient watering hole.

Octus

Actually, since I am relocating to Minneapolis, I think that Indianapolis might be do-able. Please provide the details, and if there is any way to get information on the convention in general, please let me know. I haven't kept up with the 'cons for years.

General info on the 'con can be had at http://www.gencon.com/

It would be nice to set up some sort of time that we can meet - whatever time is best for you is ok for me. Lunch or dinner might work, too - it will depend on your gaming schedule while there. Unless I decide to try and get into a Titan tournament <evil grin> my schedule is pretty much open.

There are a lot of nice resteraunts within walking distance of the convention center. Do you have a particular preference Pete?

I received my pre-registration badge and tickets for events this past weekend. I have a few RPG games of Mutants and Masterminds that I signed up for, but the main game I will be playing is the pre-release version of Twilight Imperium 3rd edition. I got a look at some of the components during Origins and am looking forward to playing it.

The only other thing I have scheduled for that time period is a trip to Valley Bikes in Carmel to test ride some recumbent bikes. Let me know if there is a particular time that is better for you.

There are a lot of nice resteraunts within walking distance of the convention center.  Do you have a particular preference Pete?

I received my pre-registration badge and tickets for events this past weekend.  I have a few RPG games of Mutants and Masterminds that I signed up for, but the main game I will be playing is the pre-release version of Twilight Imperium 3rd edition.  I got a look at some of the components during Origins and am looking forward to playing it.

The only other thing I have scheduled for that time period is a trip to Valley Bikes in Carmel to test ride some recumbent bikes.  Let me know if there is a particular time that is better for you.

No preference. I was born in Indianapolis but haven't been there in ages. Last time I was there, Megaraptors roamed free, causing much panic among the more peaceful inhabitants of the area....

I talked it over with my wife and we are going to GenCon....my first one. I have to admit that I am excited since I have been a gamer all my life yet have never attended a gaming convention. I don't really know what to expect other that lots of similar-minded people. I also look forward to seeing you again Pete since I didn't get to see you in Colorado last trip.

Hopefully more people will be going. I would love to meet SuperNova players in person.

Cool. I'll be at GenCon too this year. Like Palladium mentioned, lots and lots of places to eat. I would think 7PM or later would be a good time to meet since most of us I would think will be attending events. :rolleyes:

Wish I could remember some of the places I ate at so I could suggest them. :cheers:

Maybe a memory enhancement drug will help....now where are my Advanced Pharmaceuticals.... :lol:

I too would love to go!

With this short of notice though, I would not be able to get off work during the week, but could make it for a Saturday get together. Can we make a firm commitment for a Saturday meeting with the time to be determined in the next few days?