Rolling Thunder Forums

GenCon

RTGPete

I will be at Gen Con all week. Most likely the best time for us all to gather would be some time one night. Likely meet at 9 somewhere that way unless someone is playing in a late game slot they can make it. I would suggest friday night and we can try again on saturday night if people want. It might be best to meet at one of the hotel lobbies or something near by and figure out where we want to go based on the number of people that show up. The Westin, Hyatt, and Marriot all are connected to the convention and we can go from there.

Those there from the start we could even try to get together on Thursday night and scope things out for a bigger gathering.

Steve

:D

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve - good suggestions for those that will be there all week such as yourself; however, having a SN get together scheduled for Friday will most likely make the gathering considerably smaller and having multiple days/times would actually cause a little confusion and minimize everone's chances to meet each other.

I'm confident that I'm not the only person out there that will be working that Friday and the following Monday. Even those who are within driving distance or who can afford to fly in for a couple of days, would not be able to make a Friday meeting. I think the only logical time to get together would be Saturday Night, which should accommodate those that are fortunate to be there all week (and not interrupt their gaming schedules) as well as those of us who would come just to meet with all the SN folks. This would still allow informal meetings throughout the convention and meet everyones needs.

Anyone else have an opinion? This needs to be determined rather quickly so that flights can be scheduled, etc....

Vince

Maybe there could be some private sharing of cell-phone numbers or something so that once people get there, they could meet easier. NOT on this public board, but just privately between people you trust. Then have a network who can contact each other, etc.

I don't know if I can make it or not, since I am moving to Minneapolis about the same time, but if I can get down there, I will.

I'm all checked in. :drunk:

I'm flying in on Wednesday and leaving Monday.

I'm staying at the Crowne Plaza across the street from the Convention Center.

Feel free to PM me for phone exchange.

My only plans are to attend the writers workshops during the day.

A Saturday Night SNROTE meeting time sounds perfectly reasonable. Does someone want to volunteer to coordinate? (I nominate Ed :thumbsup:)

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone :drunk:

My plane tix were $250 round trip from Denver. Not TOO bad - I'm sure I paid a little extra for waiting until the end like I did - I'm told the average ticket price between those two cities is $350.

Been out for 10 days and just getting back. Looks like something may happen in Indy! For those of you in the Chicago/Milwaukee area, I may be able to rent a plane (4 seater and 'snug') for a trip down to Indy. Summer weekend schedules for planes can be tight. Sure beats driving if the weather is reasonable. If someone in this area is interested, send an email.

Octus Imperium

Official list of SNROTE GenCon attendees thus far:

Certains

=======

Pete

Palladium Regency (Leeland)

Phasedragon (Ed Mooney)

Eternus IV (Brad Lund)

Steve Kort (as Himself)

Octus Imperium

Queen Azuth

Vince (Saturday)