Rolling Thunder Forums

GS Investigation One

EternusIV

This iis just so funny, the so called white hats, declaring war, cause people said stuff they did not like.

Not that anybody noticed, but I'm in the Galactic Senate, and as far as I know, I'm not at war with anybody. Of course we don't wear hats! :thumbsup:

'all we need is love, da da dada da, all we need is love, love, love is all we need'

"Love stinks, yea yea, love stinks"

Remember, when people are out to get you, paranoia is just good thinking! :thumbsup:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gary Carpenter Posted on Sep 22 2004, 11:10 PM

Well well, looks like at the talk about peace and love was just that talk. All the camp fire songs, were just words without meaning. I am supprised NOT.

This iis just so funny, the so called white hats, declaring war, cause people said stuff they did not like.

Again...to be clear. Valkor is NOT a declared peacenik, nor a declared white hat, nor a member of the Senate (or the ACLU, or the Democratic party, nor have I been granted rebroadcast rights by Major League Baseball).

Our declaration of war is a classic realist national security reaction...how can we put it in words PA and WHAPO understand (unless both these so-called organizations suddenly developed pacifist tendencies :thumbsup: )...

Try this...

The neighbor's dog jumped over our fence, was caught taking a dump in our back yard , and we are justified in shooting him. Oh, and we intend to keep on shooting him so long as he resembles a dog. Additionally, the neighbor keeps calling, but we have the phone off the hook, so we only have to put up with his occasional yelling over the fence...which we ignore at will. We should add that PETA showed up in defense of the dog and we drilled them with lead as well. And lastly, we dislike the dog so much that we called our friends to see if they wanted to shoot the dog as well...they said yes :thumbsup: .

You see that same dog had taken a dump in their yards as well! Small world...err, galaxy...when the crap starts flying! It's a terrible thing when your neighbor thinks his sh!t don't stink.

Did ya'll understand that version any better...I tried to dumb it down considerably. Perhaps Eerie will even get it.

The neighbor's dog jumped over our fence, was caught taking a dump in our back yard , and we are justified in shooting him. Oh, and we intend to keep on shooting him so long as he resembles a dog. Additionally, the neighbor keeps calling, but we have the phone off the hook, so we only have to put up with his occasional yelling over the fence...which we ignore at will. We should add that PETA showed up in defense of the dog and we drilled them with lead as well. And lastly, we dislike the dog so much that we called our friends to see if they wanted to shoot the dog as well...they said yes  .

You see that same dog had taken a dump in their yards as well! Small world...err, galaxy...when the crap starts flying! It's a terrible thing when your neighbor thinks his sh!t don't stink.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Opps,

I forgot I officially dropped out of the Galatic Senate a few turns ago.

However, through boredom I still want to know which empires are declaring themselves members of the Pheonix Arisen Alliance and supporting your leaders declaration of war. If you do not answer in the next fourteen days I will say that you do not support your leaders pitiful attempts at threatening us all with a butter knife. :thumbsup:

Also, pass the popcorn and rootbeer. :thumbsup:

Lostworlds

Richard Johns

The neighbor's dog jumped over our fence, was caught taking a dump in our back yard , and we are justified in shooting him. Oh, and we intend to keep on shooting him so long as he resembles a dog. Additionally, the neighbor keeps calling, but we have the phone off the hook, so we only have to put up with his occasional yelling over the fence...which we ignore at will. We should add that PETA showed up in defense of the dog and we drilled them with lead as well. And lastly, we dislike the dog so much that we called our friends to see if they wanted to shoot the dog as well...they said yes  .

Well the Eyre got your misguided comments even dumbed down so you could avoid the truth. Let's dumb it down even more for you.

I have a dog. You promise to build a fence. You promise to put in an electric wire. You promise to stop taunting the dog. You promise and promise and promise and then your kid walks onto my property and kicks my dog. He bites your kid and you start whining and crying and being the standard baby.

Dumbed down enough.

MadMartinB Posted on Sep 23 2004, 04:21 AM

I have a dog. You promise to build a fence. You promise to put in an electric wire. You promise to stop taunting the dog. You promise and promise and promise and then your kid walks onto my property and kicks my dog. He bites your kid and you start whining and crying and being the standard baby.

Oh, and did I forget to say that the dog is highly unimaginitive. It apparently only knows how to do one thing...crap all day long :thumbsup: .

But, as earlier stipulated, it still looks like a dog, so we keep shootin' it :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Firstly I am a GS member, and am not at war with anyone and that includes anyone in the PA! We the T'Aleen Empire are not "Hawks" nor are we "White Hats" and everyone knows that "Good Guys" wear "Black" anyhow!!!

We helped to form the GSL in the beginning, but that fell apart over time because of many different issues. We joined the GS because of the "cause of it's ideas", but the GS is not a alliance. The GS is a collection of member empires that believe in the same ideas, and choose to try to form a body to help propose a group of ideas that we can all collectively except and hopefully live by.

Now as for allies and etc, I only deal with those few empires that we have made contact with that are local to us. At this point that is five, and none of them are currently a GS member like us. We still treat all with respect and treat others as we ourselves would wish to me treated in return.

It seems rather silly to send threats and etc through Intergallatic Email to someone that you have yet to actually encounter nor might never encounter at all. Or to declare War on someone either. My only advise to all would just focus on what is in your own backyard of the Gallaxy, and try to play nice. Remember what goes arround, comes arround back to you ten fold!

Happy WH exploring to all of you!!!

First Citizen Tyean Corrella

First Citizen Tyean Corrella -

Well stated. :cheers:

I'm not certain if the following quote was directed at me...but I've overlooked making a certain point for other Senators to consider when dealing with politics.

It seems rather silly to send threats and etc through Intergallatic Email to someone that you have yet to actually encounter nor might never encounter at all.

Unless of course your very backyard (my second position's anyway) is seemingly swarming with PA. :cheers: A bunch of us started at the same time...in fact, I started at the exact same time as the PA as did other small groups. Its going to turn into a friggin bloodbath in a year, guaranteed.

With a declaration of war, I can avoid the Piracy/GS Investigation rules as they do not apply between empires "at war"...that way, they can't so easily whine to the Senate when our ships cross (and believe me...they will cross :thumbsup: -- This is an instance where LOCAL politics with my neighbors easily supercede Senate considerations...)

I'm hoping that a declaration of war will simplify things - and not have them play the "Senator Eternus is a Pirate!-kick him out!" card. :lol:

Richard Johns-

Noted and removed :drunk: Sorry to see you go. Enjoy the show :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Dear Senator-Admiral Helianthos Eternus IV

I was not directing anything at anyone specifically, just talking in general. As to the issue of PA members being local to your empire and having issues with them, then I can understand your understanding of your local situation and will not try to second guess your situation and need to declare war on the PA. Only empires in your local region of space know what is going on, and I will leave the choise to go to war in your region to those involved.

Take care,

Tyean Corrella

First Citizen Tyean Corrella -

Well stated. :thumbsup:

I'm not certain if the following quote was directed at me...but I've overlooked making a certain point for other Senators to consider when dealing with politics.

It seems rather silly to send threats and etc through Intergallatic Email to someone that you have yet to actually encounter nor might never encounter at all.

Unless of course your very backyard (my second position's anyway) is seemingly swarming with PA. :cheers: A bunch of us started at the same time...in fact, I started at the exact same time as the PA as did other small groups. Its going to turn into a friggin bloodbath in a year, guaranteed.

With a declaration of war, I can avoid the Piracy/GS Investigation rules as they do not apply between empires "at war"...that way, they can't so easily whine to the Senate when our ships cross (and believe me...they will cross :D -- This is an instance where LOCAL politics with my neighbors easily supercede Senate considerations...)

I'm hoping that a declaration of war will simplify things - and not have them play the "Senator Eternus is a Pirate!-kick him out!" card. :lol:

Richard Johns-

Noted and removed :P Sorry to see you go. Enjoy the show :P

Swarming with PA, exaclty how many is a swarm?

Bashkar? A swarm?