Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 75 Begins!

SPGraves

Welcome Chancellor Waldheim :blink:

This game can use some new good blood.  If your diplomats need a nice winter retreat away from all of that awful snow, we would welcome them in Saudi Arabia.  We have some nice beachfront property overlooking the Red Sea where we can enjoy a nice beer and wave to the Egyptians.

Thank you, kind sir. Though I am not new to this game, I am not very learned in the art of diplomacy. I am hoping to make more contacts with my neighbors, especially given my rather "central" position in Europe.

I invite Hungary, Italy, Czecho-Slovakia, Switzerland, Germany, and Yugoslavia to please call upon my ambassador at austr75@yahoo.com.

Your Humble Servant

Kurt Waldheim

Chancellor of Austria

"The Eastern Riech"

Hola Kurt,

It is a pleasure to meet your aquaitence. It seems that earlier when I told a would be pretender to play his own country, I did not come out and say that I am playing Hungary in 75. I guess I am here to correct that oversight.

Till then

SdEoXgY

Hungary 75

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm. I found spies. They seem to be speaking with a Jordanian accent. Perhaps it is Iraqi, but they speak very quickly and are hard to decifer.

In any case, that is not a very nice jesture. :) Is there trouble brewing in the Middle East?

Hmmmm.  I found spies.  They seem to be speaking with a Jordanian accent.  Perhaps it is Iraqi,  but they speak very quickly and are hard to decifer.

In any case, that is not a very nice jesture.  :laugh:  Is there trouble brewing in the Middle East?

I may no longer be UNSecGen, but it seems to me that spying is in violation of Article 2(4) of the UNCharter...

Austria formally rejects spying and even though it is NOT a violation of the Hague Rules of 1907, those caught WILL be prosecuted under Austrian municipal law. Of course, I pleased to note that I have yet to discern any ill intentions by my neighbors.... but that may be because I have not yet heard (diplomatically) from ALL of my neighbors yet.

I reemphasize my desire to initiate diplomatic discussions with ALL of Austria's neighbors....

I remain, as always,

Your Humble Servant

Kurt Waldheim

Chancellor

Eastern Reich

Dear Brothers and Sisters!

We heard that some of our beloved ones plan to visit nice swedish beaches. I like to inform all these tourists that they are really welcome. You will get some nice provinces with a lot of of nice trees for free. While you are dealing with swedish trees, I will be off for some buissnes. There are better things to conquer than swedish trees.

Yours brother Marcus

Dear Brothers and Sisters!

We heard that some of our beloved ones plan to visit nice swedish beaches. I like to inform all these tourists that they are really welcome. You will get some nice provinces with a lot of of nice trees for free. While you are dealing with swedish trees, I will be off for some buissnes. There are better things to conquer than swedish trees.

Yours brother Marcus

Thanks for the invite. I've heard it's real pretty out there <_<.

Dear brother Waldheim!

Maybe you could help us in this worse situation :blink: . Our brother Denmark is a little bit confused :blink: . He has mistaken the disacceptance of a political proposal with a declaration of war. I do not know what I should do the situation is going worse and worse :unsure: . We are only peaceful furnisher makers <_< . Maybe the UN could help :( .

Yours Brother Marcus

Dear brother Waldheim!

Maybe you could help us in this worse situation :unsure: . Our brother Denmark is a little bit confused :blink: . He has mistaken the disacceptance of a political proposal with a declaration of war.  I do not know what I should do the situation is going worse and worse :unsure: . We are only peaceful furnisher makers :blink: . Maybe the UN could help :thumbsup: .

Yours Brother Marcus

HHHMMMM!!?! <_< An interesting message this is :blink:. Almost sounds like the Monk is a bit worried. A call out to Austria and Not Germany :blink:. Makes little sence. And the UN, which is based in New York. Could be a call out for the U.S. or does he mean the Geneva convention that was formed by the UN, in which case clocks make great room decore with the right furnishings :(.

Yes its all true. I asked for alliances with the Scandinavians, seeing Sweden, Finland and Norway are all Total Allies (or soon will be)

Guess what, Norway said Yes, Finland said Yes, Sweden said I will think about it, give me until the weekend. The weekend comes and goes. So I ask for the alliance again this time letting them know that I know they are all Total Allies.

What do I get, Sweden gives a resounding NO!, Norway withdraws his acceptance of an alliance. Finland falls silent.

So what is a small nation like mine to think, this axis of Evil want to be fiends, I dont think so. I offered peace and get it thrown back in my face.

The Danish people will prepare the defense of the homeland and do whatever it takes to remove the threat of Sweden for I feel Sweden is leading the other two down a terrible road to war. If that means invading Sweden then so be it. But I also say I will not be the agressor, if Sweden wants a war then it will be Sweden who starts it, I for one will not trust a nation who hands you food with one hand while taking your wallet with the other, and neither should any other nation.

Dear brother Denmark!

I told Finland and the others that they are free to deal with you as they wish :blink: . Maybe your nice letter with this nice "ally or die" message was not very helpful to get your alliances. Maybe the others and I are a little bit allergic to such nice messages. :unsure:

I hope you have not used the same strategy for your communications with Germany. :blink:

Btw there are some first suggestions that you are the Sponge. Are you? Only the Sponge would attack the southwest of Sweden. <_<

Your Dark Brother Marcus or Marcus the Dark One or Darth Marcus or....... :(

Dear Brother Austinian! Dear Brothers and Sisters in Germany!

It is time. We have to decide which parts of Denmark will be german and which will be swedish. I suggest:

german: Copenhagen, Odense, Arhus and Vejle

swedish: Esbjerg, Viborg, and Alborg

I think this is a fair deal. :cheers: Let me know what do you think about it!

Yours Darth Marcus :ph34r:

Dear Brother Austinian! Dear Brothers and Sisters in Germany!

It is time. We have to decide which parts of Denmark will be german and which will be swedish.  I suggest:

german: Copenhagen,  Odense,  Arhus and Vejle

swedish: Esbjerg, Viborg, and Alborg

I think this is a fair deal. :drunk:  Let me know what do you think about it!

Yours Darth Marcus :ph34r:

OH MY :cheers: !!

our poor dark mouse is dellusional. Any person with two brain cells left can see that your offer to germany is a joke. Sure, it looks good on paper, he gets 4 provences to your three. BUT, Two of those you say are for Germany are islands and how long would it take for him to take them with His tech pack :robot: . YA, nice offer. Your dark use of the force fails you, in many ways. Did you miss the hint that the door was open for talks with me, no I don't think you did. You cought the other hint. So I must take it the you totaly ignored me :ph34r:. Oh ya, I forgot, I'm not worthy to negotiate with. According to you any way. What was up with that anyway :blink: Your friendly neighborhood clock maker :cheers:

I never said Ally or Die, those are your words not mine. I asked for an alliance, Norway and Finland accepted, you did not but anyone in my position with 3 total allies across the sea would insist on alliances to ensure they are not attacked. Norway then pulls out of the deal.

Its logical to protect my borders anyway i can and if they are not protected then the nations near me are potential enemies.

I am not the aggressor hear just a victim of circumstance. The world will see you for who you really are, the leader of deperate people with followers who can not see your foolish words lead to war. Say what you want but I think your so called allies will see you soon enough for who you are and turn on you.

I make the same offer to Finland and Norway, like the one you sent to Germany, break with Sweden before its too late, I will take the south, Norway can have the middle ground and Finland the North.

You can both speak with me in confidence, my embassies will remain open for the time being.

Dear Mr. X :robot: Greetings

I Reccomend that you not deal with the Dark side :cheers:. Any deal you strike with them will never be honered by them and only bad things can come of it :ph34r:. He is openly admitting being on the dark side which should make one wonder about those that fallow him :cheers:. His call for Austria and then Germany (only after I suggested it) should show you were the true force is as it is not with the Monk. It is clear from his post that he uses it blindly and without wisdom. My embassy doors are open to you if you wish to talk with one who will not play head games with you. And we have really nice clocks too :drunk:. :ph34r: