Rolling Thunder Forums

"The SNROTE Reader" is now accepting....

EternusIV

...  I'd hate to dust off another 5-billion page, highly dated and slightly erroneous treatise  ...

There won't be any gripes from me, if you do.

I, for one, very much enjoyed it, and am still trying to grasp and apprehend all the information it contained.

Thanks for the kind words :ninja: No mega treatises this teim, though :beer:

We're actually working on an actual, and large, spreadsheet that others might find helpful. Also, a colony spreadsheet that incorporates much of what was discussed in that long article. Keep your eyes peeled (an issue or TWO away :D )

For those of you waiting until the last minute to submit....the last minute for today is right around 11am MST

A tremendous thanks to the contributors, once again. :drunk:

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we've just sent the latest installment to our email subsribers.

SNROTE 5

Reminder: the SNROTE Reader is now posted on the RTG Player Submissions Download area.

http://www.rollingthunder.com/supernova/SNFTP2.htm

It shouldbe posted later on today/this evening through RTG.

You don't want to miss out on this one -- as Pete goes into some length regarding the screen ship strategy :ninja:

ENJOY!

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks again to the editor for taking time out of an otherwise busy schedule to produce the newsletter.  It is very entertaining and informative.

:drunk:

thanks for the kind words. We're having fun putting your contributions together.

Deadline around 1pm MST today :)

Looks to be a highly informative issue. Great contributions across the board :cheers:

Y'all still have time to sneak in Qs, rumors etc for a couple more hours at least, though :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
SNROTE Reader # 7 is now available on our website  :woohoo:

SNROTE FTP Player Aid Downloads

Kudos to Eternus and all those who contribute to the newsletter  :oops:

Russ

SNROTE Reader is on a semi-vacation for this week! We're still mulling over whether to do a mini issue or skip this week.

I have some legal training to attend all day Friday and am completely booked on Thursday.

We've also been (wrongly) accused of "taking sides" in the most recent Valkor battle report. It has been our practice to publish everything you send us -- so if you send a battle report to SNROTENEWS expect it to be published. Several empires who are not comfortable with sending battle reports will provide their own descriptions in lieu of the battle reports. EDIT: It seems that someone THOUGHT they were sending a write-up of a battle report instead of the actual battle report -- we published what we received.

We take our job as impartial editors very seriously. We're not out to "take sides" We've devoted hours of our time to an endeavor to enhance immersion into the game and have asked nothing in return.

Bottom Line: if you don't want something published in the newsletter, don't send it! :cheers:

We look forward to future publications and deeply appreciate all contributions made! :cheers:

Bottom Line:  if you don't want something published in the newsletter, don't send it!  :woohoo:

Ummm .... So.... that means when I accidently forwarded that mail, the one with those pictures from that web site ... that you intend to publish them in the.... Oh gee. Gulp! Wow. Uh.... maybe it's not as bad as I thought. Let me look over what I sent ..

Oh god..

Oh my...

How in the world did they take that one....

Ahem.... anyway

What I really wanted to talk about was ... I've noticed Eternus that you are looking a little pale. Actually, everyone one was noticing it. Yep, that's it, I have to admit that I'm contacting you on behalf of all your fellow players. That's me, Mr. Considerate, Mr. Helpful, Mr. Teamplayer. And WE were all just trading mails commenting on how pale you look. Skin tone is all gone, you have a waxen look to the skin, even your eyes appear sunken in. A few folks even said you are damn creepy looking (not me of course). THE GROUPS GUESS is your working youself to hard. Yep, your pushing yourself and not getting enough sun .. Vitamans .. sleep .. the whole work-life balance thing. So on behalf of everyone, we are asking that you skip the newsletter and all the pictures and take it easy. If you won't do it for yourself, do it for us, all the players in the game. OK?

Bottom Line:  if you don't want something published in the newsletter, don't send it!  :cheers:

Ummm .... So.... that means when I accidently forwarded that mail, the one with those pictures from that web site ... that you intend to publish them in the.... Oh gee. Gulp! Wow. Uh.... maybe it's not as bad as I thought. Let me look over what I sent ..

Oh god..

Oh my...

How in the world did they take that one....

Ahem.... anyway

What I really wanted to talk about was ... I've noticed Eternus that you are looking a little pale. Actually, everyone one was noticing it. Yep, that's it, I have to admit that I'm contacting you on behalf of all your fellow players. That's me, Mr. Considerate, Mr. Helpful, Mr. Teamplayer. And WE were all just trading mails commenting on how pale you look. Skin tone is all gone, you have a waxen look to the skin, even your eyes appear sunken in. A few folks even said you are damn creepy looking (not me of course). THE GROUPS GUESS is your working youself to hard. Yep, your pushing yourself and not getting enough sun .. Vitamans .. sleep .. the whole work-life balance thing. So on behalf of everyone, we are asking that you skip the newsletter and all the pictures and take it easy. If you won't do it for yourself, do it for us, all the players in the game. OK?

LOL :oops:

Advice noted and taken, Doc :woohoo: Your powers of observation are sharp as ever.

Anybody develop Mk IV InstaVacation yet?

We've also been (wrongly) accused of "taking sides" in the most recent Valkor battle report.  It has been our practice to publish everything you send us -- so if you send a battle report to SNROTENEWS expect it to be published.  Several empires who are not comfortable with sending battle reports will provide their own descriptions in lieu of the battle reports.  EDIT:  It seems that someone THOUGHT they were sending a write-up of a battle report instead of the actual battle report -- we published what we received.

We take our job as impartial editors very seriously.  We're not out to "take sides"  We've devoted hours of our time to an endeavor to enhance immersion into the game and have asked nothing in return.

In light of Lord Eternus mentioning Valkor and "wrongly accused" in the same sentence, we believe a press release is warranted.

Valkor would like to point out that official government sources did not provide any information to the esteemed SNROTE Reader for the last issue nor level any accusations concerning its publication. The Valkor government has released information in the past to the Reader, but nothing for several issues. While our public does enjoy the Reader immensely, Valkor government sources have been too engaged in domestic matters to provide interviews and press releases over the last few cycles. Once a copy of the latest Reader was obtained, a government spokesman expressed surprise to the Alliance at the level of detail contained therein of Allied warships and numbers. Valkor High Command immediately met with both the Internal Coordination Unit (ICU) and King's Interagency Administration (KIA) to discuss how such information could possibly have been released for galaxy-wide dissemination. King Galreth is currently deciding whether ICU or KIA is better for Valkor at this time. Government spokesmen say the king is leaning toward ICU since KIA has been unproductive for some time.

King Galreth did however voice his continued confidence in the SNROTE Reader and its publisher. Without dismissing the ongoing ICU and KIA investigations, the king feels the Reader is good for the galaxy as a whole. Regardless of how such information was released, the king feels it is all just stardust on the solar wind--Valkor doesn't care where it came from and there will be more dust just like it passing by each and every day. We beseech Lord Eternus and his staff at the Reader to continue their yeoman efforts for such a noble cause. Although our knowledge of the situation is extremely limited, the king hopes that extended efforts on the part of ICU will cure all ills. He further hopes that the Reader publishers, in their future press releases, will refrain from linking Valkor to official accusations...unless of course we HAVE officially released an accusation (such as accusing the Eyre of being bottom-feeding troglodytes), because then everything would be legit.

Valkor sends