Rolling Thunder Forums

"The SNROTE Reader" is now accepting....

EternusIV

Last post before I vanish for the weekend :cheers:

Thanks for the props and press release. Yes - it should be made clear that Valkor wasn't involved :woohoo: We aren't out to drag anybody through the mud on this...we were simply responding. In fact, we have no ill feelings and we are over the initial shock of: "crap how did we mess this up?"

Mistakes are made. No big deal. Water under the bridge.

Our co-editor, Joseph, has agreed to take the entire yoke upon himself this week so there will be a newsletter! :oops: Please send all items directly to SNROTENEWS@yahoo.com

Send all requests for email subscriptions to SNROTENEWS@yahoo.com as well. I've added a few of you this last week and you should be getting issue 8 soon.

Have a great weekend and best of luck on your turns. :cheers:

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He further hopes that the Reader publishers, in their future press releases, will refrain from linking Valkor to official accusations...unless of course we HAVE officially released an accusation (such as accusing the Eyre of being bottom-feeding troglodytes), because then everything would be legit.

Valkor sends

Hey- not all trogs are bottom feeders :woohoo:

HughesTROG

He further hopes that the Reader publishers, in their future press releases, will refrain from linking Valkor to official accusations...unless of course we HAVE officially released an accusation (such as accusing the Eyre of being bottom-feeding troglodytes), because then everything would be legit.

Valkor sends

Hey- not all trogs are bottom feeders

HughesTROG

You are quite right, Hugh...but we didn't say all troglodytes were bottom-feeders. All Valkor is sure of is that the Eyre-variety of troglodyte does indeed belong to this grouping.

Your variety, Hugh, seems much more amiable and reasonable. :woohoo:

Valkor sends

Hey- not all trogs are bottom feeders :woohoo:

HughesTROG

Just out of curiousity, do you live in a cave?

Valkor sends

Hey- not all trogs are bottom feeders

HughesTROG

You are quite right, Hugh...but we didn't say all troglodytes were bottom-feeders. All Valkor is sure of is that the Eyre-variety of troglodyte does indeed belong to this grouping.

Your variety, Hugh, seems much more amiable and reasonable. :woohoo:

Alright, who is going to step up and defend the honor of the Eyre for this cruel and grivious insult.

* Silence *

Come on, one of you must want to speak up against this injustice, this travesty of race relations.

* Silence broken by a small metallic sound somewhere in the darkness *

HELLO .. IS ANYBODY OUT THERE TO STAND UP FOR THE EYRE?!

* E - E - E - e - e .... echos throughout the site *

Ok then. :cheers:

Isn't that rather hard without a spine? :woohoo:

/Locklyn

We've also been (wrongly) accused of "taking sides" in the most recent Valkor battle report.  It has been our practice to publish everything you send us -- so if you send a battle report to SNROTENEWS expect it to be published.  Several empires who are not comfortable with sending battle reports will provide their own descriptions in lieu of the battle reports.  EDIT:  It seems that someone THOUGHT they were sending a write-up of a battle report instead of the actual battle report -- we published what we received.

We take our job as impartial editors very seriously.  We're not out to "take sides"  We've devoted hours of our time to an endeavor to enhance immersion into the game and have asked nothing in return.

An open letter to Brad...

I'm sorry you'll have to wait to see this until after your weekend. This is my fault and I humbly apologise. I so wanted to support the newsletter and, at the same time provide the battle reports you wanted that I spent time writing even a fairly trivial one up in some, hopefully reasonable prose - and knowing it would have almost definately be followed up by more exciting ones.

I therefore downloaded the latest Reader to the shock of seeing a boring, but detailed copy, of the battle written totally from the opposition's perspective and not the one I believed I had sent.

Until reading the above it simply never occurred to me that I could have sent you the wrong file and I reacted accordingly. The opposing player's tentacles have managed to trip me up again without them even doing anything, such is the fervour of the feeling I still hold for him.

There is, however, no excuse for having accused you of something that is entirely down to my error and I apologise unreservedly for so doing and, in addition, for making you question your desire to continue to produce the Reader.

Please do accept the apology and continue to produce the Reader for all those who will continue to play the game hereafter?

Yours Sincerely

Mark

Isn't that rather hard without a spine? :woohoo:

/Locklyn

HEY! Was that a shot at invertibrates?

Arcane Services, Inc

(Cephalopods...usually...)

Nah, you're a cool species, just a jab at the Eyre Coalition .)

Cheers

/Locklyn

On the upside, it's harder to backstab invertebrates. :o

-SK  :woohoo:

Really!! I thought invertabrates only lacked backbones, not backs. :blink:

Jellyfish and Worms appear to have no backbone and no back to speak of.

Just to be clear, I am using the terms Worms and Jellyfish in reference towards those forms of invertabrates in an attempt to answer the previous post. I am not using them in their more recent usage forms as common reference terms for the Eyre and related supporters. Just trying to be clear here. :D

On the upside, it's harder to backstab invertebrates. :blink:

-SK  :woohoo:

Really!! I thought invertabrates only lacked backbones, not backs. :blink:

Jellyfish and Worms appear to have no backbone and no back to speak of.

Just to be clear, I am using the terms Worms and Jellyfish in reference towards those forms of invertabrates in an attempt to answer the previous post. I am not using them in their more recent usage forms as common reference terms for the Eyre and related supporters. Just trying to be clear here. :D

Wasn't this sort of thing why we had that Galactic Senate thingy-majig(sp?)? WKE, I can easily sell you some more shovels if you need to carry on digging, mind you you'd need a hydraulic ladder to get out of the hole you're making. :o

Or is it part of an experiment to test a MkI Displacement Device (or even one of those rumoured Gates?). :P