Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 82

Kurassier

Guest Spongebob
Sponge I dig the 3D effect on the signature. War is raging across the planet. it seems only big blocks of ta's in this one so all the small countries alone are being overwhelmed by 100's of divisions. Too early to build enough div to defend against that.

:cheers:

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saudi Arabia is (supposedly) being played by Italy's wife. Yugoslavia, who is at war with Italy, is TAed with Saudi Arabia. Kind of strange, don't you think? Could Yugoslavia have been set up by someone to use as a throwaway position, transferring its treasury to Saudi Arabia while leaving one end of its country undefended to be overrun by Italy? If so, that's hardly in the spirit of the game.

I have heard nothing of this until just now. Sorry to disabuse you of any cherished notions, but I do not know if this is true, so why would you call me out instead of Italy?

As for you Marklen X no grudge against you really my beef is with your brother. However your previous post is full of untruths about game 75. You didn't mop the floor with anyone. I doubt there are many vic players playing tunisia early that can stand up to the production of algeria after losing all production at Tunis. And for your information since your memory is clouded you were the one in the game with help. As per our agreement Libya never entered the war while I was still in the game so I fail to see where I had help. Furthermore you broke our agreement when you allowed your brother to cb Tunis and destroy the factories there.

Talk about revisionist history! First of all, it was Egypt, who was not my brother that did a CB. Secondly, Libya did agree not to attack, but did anyway, because, in his own words, he could not let you go down. Third, if you really believe that Tunisia cannot fight Algeria even up, I will challenge you to join the next game. You pick any 2 countries, and you pick the tech. I will take the one you do not want. We can fight it out with neither of us having any TAs, and see what happens.

Rest assured if we get past the cheaters in this game I will be to see you in France and you will get to see just how good I really can play this game..... :cheers:

I doubt you see me in this game, but I find it funny you would call me out on the message board when you think somebody else is cheating.

I doubt you see me in this game, but I find it funny you would call me out on the message board when you think somebody else is cheating.

Why do you think you will be knocked out before I get there? No grudge against you and I'm not calling you out as you say though we seem to remember 75 differently but you won fair and square. I am currently in three games and can't really afford a fourth at this time. I would love the challenge of your offer when game 78 comes to a conclusion. Still shooting at your high score there for persia I think I have a good shot at it. Would love a look at that final turn if you still have it to see what all you owned.

As far as the Italy yugo thing we dont care, yugo is destroyed and if greece could ever break with italy he is next :cheers:

Why do you think you will be knocked out before I get there? No grudge against you and I'm not calling you out as you say though we seem to remember 75 differently but you won fair and square. I am currently in three games and can't really afford a fourth at this time. I would love the challenge of your offer when game 78 comes to a conclusion. Still shooting at your high score there for persia I think I have a good shot at it. Would love a look at that final turn if you still have it to see what all you owned.

As far as the Italy yugo thing we dont care, yugo is destroyed and if greece could ever break with italy he is next :cheers:

Don't have that game saved anymore, as that was 2 computers ago. I did capture xAmsterdam on the last turn, so I had an incredible empire, but on the next to last turn of the game suffered a 99 air base loss due to a dumb mistake and then had a starvation which knocked me below 999 final morale (you will notice I had the high avg. morale in that game of all time, though I think it recently got passed.) That cost me about 20 points, as I fell to around 6th in airforce size and at least 5th in morale.

We strongly suspect that they are doing the same thing in Turkey where the two biggest AIC centers fell in turkey in successive turns to Iraq and Syria.

Then I suspect you might want to reconsider, the only reason why my two biggest cities fell was I was busy protecting my 2 biggest AIC networks. At worst those attacks are anoying.

I suspect Syria is trying to sow misinformation by saying he has secured his northern boarder, he has done the math as well as I have, he has only seen a fraction of the forces I have available :P

Then I suspect you might want to reconsider, the only reason why my two biggest cities fell was I was busy protecting my 2 biggest AIC networks. At worst those attacks are anoying.

I suspect Syria is trying to sow misinformation by saying he has secured his northern boarder, he has done the math as well as I have, he has only seen a fraction of the forces I have available

Glad to hear you got the Aic cities protected, we were worried that is what you had lost a would drop out. A healthy and alive Turkey benefits my alliance block as well as yours.

We strongly suspect that they are doing the same thing in Turkey where the two biggest AIC centers fell in turkey in successive turns to Iraq and Syria.

I suspect Syria is trying to sow misinformation by saying he has secured his northern boarder, he has done the math as well as I have, he has only seen a fraction of the forces I have available :thumbsup:

I have to say that math wasn't always my strongest point, fractions used to give me problems, but the last count my advisors have made seems pretty conclusive: 34 divisions. Does that sound about right to you? :D

Let's see what remains of my lovely country after you and Trans-Jordan taken those 4 provinces...

Don

I suspect Syria is trying to sow misinformation by saying he has secured his northern boarder, he has done the math as well as I have, he has only seen a fraction of the forces I have available :thumbsup:

I have to say that math wasn't always my strongest point, fractions used to give me problems, but the last count my advisors have made seems pretty conclusive: 34 divisions. Does that sound about right to you? :D

Let's see what remains of my lovely country after you and Trans-Jordan taken those 4 provinces...

Don

It sure has gotten busy in our area of the world, hasn't it?

I have a feeling its about to get busy in Europe as well :thumbsup:

Then there's only 1 thing we can do: Turn ARM into scrap! :alien:

:D into 11.000+ ARM... No that's a start!

Don

Poor tactics on my part Don. That mistake won't happen again. I got greedy and tried to take too much territory. No where to retreat.

:thumbsup:

I have a feeling its about to get busy in Europe as well :(

Then there's only 1 thing we can do: Turn ARM into scrap! :robot:

Don

Poor tactics on my part Don. That mistake won't happen again. I got greedy and tried to take too much territory. No where to retreat.

It did put a smile on my face when I saw that you had taken Tartus as well :blink:

But don't feel to bad: you're in good company! Turkey made the same, but more costly, mistake.. :alien:

But I will try every dirty tactic :pirate2: I can find in the book to prevent you from kicking my ass in the first 10 turns!

Good hunting!

Don

Then there's only 1 thing we can do: Turn ARM into scrap! :blink:

Don

It did put a smile on my face when I saw that you had taken Tartus as well :alien:

But don't feel to bad: you're in good company! Turkey made the same, but more costly, mistake.. :thumbsup:

But I will try every dirty tactic :( I can find in the book to prevent you from kicking my ass in the first 10 turns!

Good hunting!

Don

I had to make a decision on two different territories and my EM's didn't provide me with the info I wanted the turn before. So, I went after the bigger city. I definitely would not have taken Tartus had I known that stack was waiting.... :robot: I tried to set the dmog to retreat back home, but the orders bounced with the typical notes. Have Fun!

Don

Boy does that sound familiar :D

As far as the Italian thing goes, there was no cheating, just unskilled play which I wish I could say I do not do anymore!