Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 84

Glamdring

We have struck the first blow against Baltic States. Next will be against Canada. Who else will DW these players this turn? We need solidarity to win!

Tom the Red

Since the guy who started all this hullabaloo is not going to fight him, even though he is supposedly the victim, I find it a bit hard to get worked up over this entire thing.

It seems to me that SR wants others to do his bidding, so he can do Egypts.

Marlen X -- this is the second time you have accused Southern Russia of doing Egypt's bidding. Please explain. As I see it, Southern Russia, my TA, is involved in four active wars: Turkey, Iraq, Persia, Baltics. While your TA group was entertaining him in the south, the Baltics ran through Central Russia (his Ally) and invaded from the North. Naturally, with an alliance on his northern border he felt relatively secure there and did not have the assets (no one does) to fight a three or four front war, so he chose to fight the immediate threat in the south (tactical survival decision).

As this is a war game, I have been working with my TA's to earn a victory (pardon the pun) that included me driving north and fighting my neighbors, TJ, Syria, Iraq, and now Turkey.

So, pretty please with sugar on top, explain how SR has been doing my bidding? If he had been, I would have had him in xBaghdad by now to eliminate one country so I wouldn't have to worry about Iraq.

I am sure you would love to have SR move all of his forces north so your TA group could focus on me and not have to defend your resources in your northern provinces.

Response requested.

King Zarkon

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have struck the first blow against Baltic States. Next will be against Canada. Who else will DW these players this turn? We need solidarity to win!

Tom the Red

Since the guy who started all this hullabaloo is not going to fight him, even though he is supposedly the victim, I find it a bit hard to get worked up over this entire thing.

Marlen X -- this is the second time you have accused Southern Russia of doing Egypt's bidding. Please explain. As I see it, Southern Russia, my TA, is involved in four active wars: Turkey, Iraq, Persia, Baltics. While your TA group was entertaining him in the south, the Baltics ran through Central Russia (his Ally) and invaded from the North. Naturally, with an alliance on his northern border he felt relatively secure there and did not have the assets (no one does) to fight a three or four front war, so he chose to fight the immediate threat in the south (tactical survival decision).

As this is a war game, I have been working with my TA's to earn a victory (pardon the pun) that included me driving north and fighting my neighbors, TJ, Syria, Iraq, and now Turkey.

So, pretty please with sugar on top, explain how SR has been doing my bidding? If he had been, I would have had him in xBaghdad by now to eliminate one country so I wouldn't have to worry about Iraq.

I am sure you would love to have SR move all of his forces north so your TA group could focus on me and not have to defend your resources in your northern provinces.

Response requested.

King Zarkon

Sure Zarkon,

I have no problem with a guy who is in trouble selling out to help a TA prosper, that is all well and good. I have no problem fighting both you and SR at one time, it is not going to be as easy as you think it is.

I have accused you of nothing other than good game play. Here is where I have a problem, and it is not with you, but with SR.

He starts an entire thread to wail loudly about the evil Baltic States, who has gained great conquest through cheating in his eyes. He complains that anybody who values honesty in the game should band with him to do away with this cheater. I send him a personal message and tell him if he can provide evidence, other than just that BS has moved fast, I would join him in his crusade.

The only evidence I have seen is that Race Pilsner offered what I consider to be a slimy deal in another game, that was never accepted. Now don't get me wrong, I consider the game 83 proposal to be the poorest sort of gamesmanship, and think Race should be ashamed, but that has nothing to do with this game. I still have not even seen who the Central Russian player is.

Now, after calling on the rest of the players in the game to declare jihad against the Baltic States, it would seem reasonable to me that SR would be in front of the pack, leading his legions against the evil wrong doer. But wait, what is this? He is not only still moving troops south, he is reinforcing his southern armies. I find that extremely hypocritical. What it sounds like to me is somebody whining because his plans have been foiled in the south, because the big meanie from BS attacked him from the north.

So in a nutshell, I consider Stalingrad's rant to be nothing but hollow propaganda, with no substance other than a hope he can rally other players to save his butt.

I repeat that I do not find any fault with you in this. In fact, I really do not find any fault with SR in this, after all, this is the propaganda forum, and if his sensational claims of wrong doing can bring somebody to aid his cause, more power to him, it is an excellent tactic. I just do not believe it is all.

Mr. X,

Thank you, your response is appreciated and has logic.

On a slightly different, but related topic, your bombers are very annoying; mind telling me where they are so I can destroy them? :rolleyes:

And, on a lighter note, I wish that SR would have followed my recommendations. Ah, independent players ...

Good luck

Zarkon

Tom the Red

I will join the crusade against the Baltic States this turn.

SgtBalicki

With religious fervor the propagandists rode forth to do battle on the forums. Alas, Ho! What's that I see? Another conquest in this dirty game of words.

I have to say that there are those who have made great strides in this use of this forum. Much like real life, the squeakiest wheel (the red dude) seems to be getting the proverbial oil. I have to take my hat to him, though. Notwithstanding the fact that the name of this forum is "Propaganda Ministry" - some people think that it is a sub-office of both Reuters and the Kriegspiel Polizei. Tom's "we" is his block and he is trying to win just like the rest of us....of course, if you are not his TA, then the "win" is his....and he does it on your back. Of course, I'm certain that everyone remembers that...

Should I have pity for the weak minded or admiration for the demagogue? WAIT! I can have both.

Prime Minister Slicer

Thanks but I don't need any proverbial oil. I got lots from Lowlands when I captured his national stockpile.

You must be part of the conspirators with Baltic States. Down with the conspiracy! Defeat to all the whisperers!

DW Baltic States and Canada this turn!

Tom the Red

Swimming in proverbial oil

SO Turkey would like me to evacuate my comitted troops in the South and rail them to respond to the Northern cheat as evidence of my sincerity? Yeah right, dream on. BS's Game 83 proposal has been executed in Game 84, just as he intended. You have all the evidence you need.

With the free resource acquition BS now has, and the exponential growth curve that this game shows, he will inevitably crush me. No one can engage forces like that alone, the math simply does not work. As Egypt so accurately pointed out, my "silent ALLY" CRuss, allowed BS to annex his holdings without even a whimper. My 3-front Southern war became 3 plus a Juggernaught in the North. He is being resisted with what little can be brought to bear. Unlike CRuss, there are LDB's everywhere and some real divs attempting to slow him down abit, but realistically? His early advantage is not likely to be overcome.

As the initial thread explained, DW + Force Peace is the ONLY method players have to punish in-game abuse. If you choose to call it propaganda, then you are just trolling to hear yourself debate.

You must be part of the conspirators with Baltic States. Down with the conspiracy! Defeat to all the whisperers!

Tom the Red

You know, Mrs. Clinton must be your domestic and international advisor. You are correct, I am part of the vast right-wing conspiracy to show that you are nothing more than a demagogue. We are an insidious lot, what?

Slicer Limbaugh

Leader of the Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy

to Identify Bad Things Regarding a Demagogue

Tom the Red

You know, Mrs. Clinton must be your domestic and international advisor. You are correct, I am part of the vast right-wing conspiracy to show that you are nothing more than a demagogue. We are an insidious lot, what?

Slicer Limbaugh

Leader of the Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy

to Identify Bad Things Regarding a Demagogue

just keeping my chin up as it were.

Tom the Red

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:

We all know the situation with Baltic States. Well. . . .look who else it TA to Baltic States:

Switzerland is totally allied to Germany

Switzerland is totally allied to Baltic States

Switzerland is totally allied to Czechoslovakia

Switzerland is allied to Northern Russia

Switzerland is at war with France

Switzerland is at war with Italy

Futher, Switzerland and Germany are rolling through France. Des (France) rebased all his aircraft to Spain several turns ago and has been using them exclusively against Portugal, while Switzerland and Germany roll though his country. Apparently all his rants against Baltic are just a ruse. He is furthering their cause by not resisting Switzerland.

If you need evidence:

France controls Paris

Germany controls Troyes

Switzerland controls Orleans

Switzerland controls Auxerre

Switzerland controls Grenoble

Switzerland controls Nice

France controls Etienne

Nationality Aircraft Strength Sighted Over Time

France 285 Villanueva Wednesday, April 22, 2009

France 382 Villanueva Wednesday, April 22, 2009

France 361 Villanueva Wednesday, April 22, 2009

France 353 Villanueva Wednesday, April 22, 2009

France 402 Villanueva Wednesday, April 22, 2009

France 350 Villanueva Wednesday, April 22, 2009

France 357 Villanueva Wednesday, April 22, 2009

France 325 Villanueva Wednesday, April 22, 2009

France 335 Villanueva Wednesday, April 22, 2009

What is really scary is that Switzerland is also TA with Czech, and we have seen how far the Czech/Hungary alliance has expanded.

I think it is time for the rest of us to take some action, before it is too late.

Deathwalker

Portu-84

We all know the situation with Baltic States. Well. . . .look who else it TA to Baltic States:

Futher, Switzerland and Germany are rolling through France. Des (France) rebased all his aircraft to Spain several turns ago and has been using them exclusively against Portugal, while Switzerland and Germany roll though his country. Apparently all his rants against Baltic are just a ruse. He is furthering their cause by not resisting Switzerland.

If you need evidence:

France controls Paris

Germany controls Troyes

France controls Etienne

What is really scary is that Switzerland is also TA with Czech, and we have seen how far the Czech/Hungary alliance has expanded.

I think it is time for the rest of us to take some action, before it is too late.

Deathwalker

Portu-84

Yes, it's true (sob).

I am working with Germany and Switzerland (sob).

But, they forced me to (sob,.. boo, hoo).

They kidnapped my wife and son and threatened to kill them (sob) unless I obeyed them.

They ordered me to (boo, hoo) attack Portugal.

Apparently, they acknowledge that Deathwalker is a tactical genius and they, and all of the Central Powers, are in fear of him.

I am just their pawn in this Game.

I have been ordered to call all players to declare a Jihad against Portugal.

If this happens, they will release the bitch and the brat (sob..boo, hoo).

Make up your own minds.

Cheers

If you need evidence:

France controls Paris

Germany controls Troyes

France controls Etienne

Deathwalker

Portu-84

Yes, it's true (sob).

I am working with Germany and Switzerland (sob).

But, they forced me to (sob,.. boo, hoo).

They kidnapped my wife and son and threatened to kill them (sob) unless I obeyed them.

They ordered me to (boo, hoo) attack Portugal.

Apparently, they acknowledge that Deathwalker is a tactical genius and they, and all of the Central Powers, are in fear of him.

I am just their pawn in this Game.

I have been ordered to call all players to declare a Jihad against Portugal.

If this happens, they will release the bitch and the brat (sob..boo, hoo).

Make up your own minds.

Cheers

I highly doubt you are working with Germany or Switzerland. Both are doing far to well to be receiving your "help".

Now that I think about it, perhaps you should start helping them. That would certainly delay their progress long enough to allow the rest of us to catch up.

Deathwalker

Tactical Genius

People are motivated by many things, and there are many kinds of loyalty to your allies. Perhaps Des feels he can best support his allies by helping them to survive and prosper even though he has two nations crawling all over him.

Spain would be in a good position to prosper should Portugal fall. Apparently this would be looked at as bad by some people because it would not fit their narrow definition of correct play. How very odd. Or perhaps is it just inconvenient because Des isn't rolling over and expiring as we might imagine he should? Only Des knows, and allegations are not proof, they are mere allegations.

Race Pilsner

Deathwalker,

Is this your response to me not immediately accepting your "promised" TA proposal? I did agree to help you in your fight and thought that eviscerating France, the country running bombing missions against your forces, would help. Was I mistaken?

You are correct, however, Des is my Byach. We met on Devil's Island and escaped together on a raft made from coconuts, hemp and that toilet paper that never flushes. We even have maching butterfly tatoos on our chests! Now really.

This paranoia is getting a bit out of hand isn't it. Lets make an appointment and we can work this out.

Yours Respectfully,

Dr. P. Freud

Master Cuckcoo (oops! made a little slip there) ... Cocoa Maker of Switzerland 84

Deathwalker,

Is this your response to me not immediately accepting your "promised" TA proposal? I did agree to help you in your fight and thought that eviscerating France, the country running bombing missions against your forces, would help. Was I mistaken?

You are correct, however, Des is my Byach. We met on Devil's Island and escaped together on a raft made from coconuts, hemp and that toilet paper that never flushes. We even have maching butterfly tatoos on our chests! Now really.

This paranoia is getting a bit out of hand isn't it. Lets make an appointment and we can work this out.

Yours Respectfully,

Dr. P. Freud

Master Cuckcoo (oops! made a little slip there) ... Cocoa Maker of Switzerland 84

President Dr. Freud,

Thank-you for allowing me to present my side of the story. I am gratified you chose to accept my offer and look forward to supporting your efforts in whatever way I can.

Best Regards,

Race Pilsner

If you need evidence:

France controls Paris

Germany controls Troyes

France controls Etienne

Deathwalker

Portu-84

God, I am so dense!

I have finally worked out what you're saying.

When Portugal, Ireland, Morocco and Lowlands combine to attack Spain, they are playing the Game

of Victory In Europe and working as a team.

But, when Spain and his TA, France, combine to counter-attack Portugal, then that's a conspiracy and

threatens the integrity of the Game.

Is that what you're suggesting?

Gee, changing the equation from 4 against 1 to 4 against 2 doesn't seem to me to bring the Game

into disrepute.

Cheers