Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 84

Glamdring

Ahh, but you see, you are reversing the roles. My role is that of the Chinese, and your role is that of the marines. I like my mechs better than the Chinese infantry, and I do not think your troops are the caliber of the US Marines in 1950.

Since we are doing quotes, I will give you an old punchline."I don't have to be faster than the bear, just faster than you."

Sir X,

If you were going to run away from the bear, it may be smarter to not smack his face first.

Don't tease the natives.

Z

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deathwalker, you stopped writing after I said my team needs to fight Baltic States and Sweden first before we get involved in your war with Spain and Canada.

Isn't it enough that we all are fighting France? You can help Germany and I or you can hinder us. If you hinder us though, you are chosing to help Sweden and Baltic States. I thought you guys were not going to help Baltic States? Why are you changing your mind?

Tom the Red

Deathwalker, you stopped writing after I said my team needs to fight Baltic States and Sweden first before we get involved in your war with Spain and Canada.

Isn't it enough that we all are fighting France? You can help Germany and I or you can hinder us. If you hinder us though, you are chosing to help Sweden and Baltic States. I thought you guys were not going to help Baltic States? Why are you changing your mind?

Tom the Red

My only concern at this point is survival. At this point, all I can do is push forward in Spain and disrupt his production, while fortifying Portugal against Canada. I will not be a contender to win the game, but will make darn sure none of my enemies do either.

At this point, the only one really helping me (besides my TA's is Switzerland. He is rolling through France and hopefully will move into Spain soon. Interesting that France and Spain don't seem to mind his advance and are choosing to focus 100% on Portugal. There is probably some dark deal in the works.

Deathwalker

Tom the Red

My only concern at this point is survival. At this point, all I can do is push forward in Spain and disrupt his production, while fortifying Portugal against Canada. I will not be a contender to win the game, but will make darn sure none of my enemies do either.

At this point, the only one really helping me (besides my TA's is Switzerland. He is rolling through France and hopefully will move into Spain soon. Interesting that France and Spain don't seem to mind his advance and are choosing to focus 100% on Portugal. There is probably some dark deal in the works.

Deathwalker

Switzerland is no friend of ours. I hope you have better luck with him than we did.

He is just looking out for his own interests.

Any notions about what happened to Britian? He appears to have folded completely.

Czechoslovakia or Hungary please contact me.

Tom the Red

Deathwalker: still trying to get the world to help you :cannon:

Tom the Red: why do think Britain folded..............? :rolleyes:

I guess I got that idea because Ireland and Iceland are taking you over so rapidly. I figured you would defend yourself better since we made you pull all your army back to your homeland to throw out the Viking invaders.

Tom the Red

Deathwalker: still trying to get the world to help you :cannon:

Tom the Red: why do think Britain folded..............? :rolleyes:

I guess I got that idea because Ireland and Iceland are taking you over so rapidly. I figured you would defend yourself better since we made you pull all your army back to your homeland to throw out the Viking invaders.

Tom the Red

There have been few, if any, signs of competence from any member of that alliance. On the other hand, several of them do show a knack for efficiently handing over their nations to their "enemies".

Deathwalker

Iceland is doing great, moving south from Helmsdale now. Those oil fields in northern Britian will be a welcome addition to Icelands economy I am sure.

How Ireland was able to take Birmingham with all those heavy divisions Britian had there, well I'm sure that must be quite a story for Ireland to tell.

Don't miss the main English airbase just below Liverpool!

Tom the Red

OOPS!

OOPS? Just OOPS? That small word has so many hidden meanings. One of them being, OOPS I screwed up or OOPS I just destroyed a nice 18 stack of bad guys or OOPS the bad guy has me surrounded and I just wet myself.

Or it could be a random post on the net to stimulate conversation.

seeing as how you don't get results back until tomorrow at the earliest ... hmmmm

I may be up all night wondering about this OOPS; won't I be disappointed to find out this had nothing to do with my little country

Zarkon

OOPS!

OOPS? Just OOPS? That small word has so many hidden meanings. One of them being, OOPS I screwed up or OOPS I just destroyed a nice 18 stack of bad guys or OOPS the bad guy has me surrounded and I just wet myself.

Or it could be a random post on the net to stimulate conversation.

seeing as how you don't get results back until tomorrow at the earliest ... hmmmm

I may be up all night wondering about this OOPS; won't I be disappointed to find out this had nothing to do with my little country

Zarkon

It pretty much had exactly the effect I meant it to, lol. Perhaps, your surprising move into Urfa left me unable to do some things I want to do? Perhaps, you are going back down that hill after all. Then again....

It pretty much had exactly the effect I meant it to, lol. Perhaps, your surprising move into Urfa left me unable to do some things I want to do? Perhaps, you are going back down that hill after all. Then again....

Mr. X,

I slept rather well last night even with the OOPS.

Urfa, Urfa, ah that is where your airplanes are hiding; yep had to visit to get a close up look at them. Hopefully, you had some warehouses built there for F/G/M otherwise bring the marshmallows, I may have to start a fire.

You could be a gentleman and send me your turn results today, now that would be very neighborly.

Looking forward to seeing what you did to me.

Please don't run away though, my generals get annoyed when they have to chase their prey.

Good luck

Zarkon

what is keeping you away from Victory?

Zarkon

Ah, one of those lovely ambiguous questions. :thumbsup:

On one hand, nothing is keeping me away from the game of Victory!. I seem to be overly involved in #85 & #86. :thumbsup:

On the other; recalcitrant foes using nefarious tactics, weather effects, failure to break, mis-managed resources, blind recon pilots, and so on, ad nauseum, all combine to keep me away from Victory!. :thumbsup:

:rolleyes::wacko: