Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 84

Glamdring

What is your problem Sander? Did your mommy not give you enough attention when you were growing up? Sheesh, we all know you are going to win game 79, it is not a life changing event, trust me. I don't mind your incessant bragging on the game 79 board, because you have earned it and there is no disputing that your team is the champ, but lord, if we have to listen to everybody who has ever won a game come to this board and shout about their glory incessantly, it will get a bit old, don't you think? Especially since you were in this game, and as soon as a couple of guys attacked you, who cried and quit, perhaps you should keep game 79 propaganda where it belongs.

I tell you what, since you have made so many brags about how you are going to take out GB in game 79, I will make you a wager. If you can conquer GB in 79, I will pay for a game for you, if you cannot, you pay for one for me. I will sign up for 87 now, and happily tell Russ your game is on me if you can back up your mouth with your butt.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deathwalker, you stopped writing after I said my team needs to fight Baltic States and Sweden first before we get involved in your war with Spain and Canada.

Isn't it enough that we all are fighting France? You can help Germany and I or you can hinder us. If you hinder us though, you are chosing to help Sweden and Baltic States. I thought you guys were not going to help Baltic States? Why are you changing your mind?

Tom the Red

Hey Tom, just wanted to tell you I will take good care of Odense for you! Does your TA Germany actually HAVE an Army, or is his lack of troops supposed to lul me into some kind of false sense of security?

Must be getting real lonely for you. Norway gone, Finland apparently also gone.......... at least you have your new game for entertainment. Did Sgt. Idaho join you in the new one too?

Race Pilsner

When I am done driving the Swede marines back into the straits I will deal with your puny invasion force next.

Tom the Red

Guest Spongebob
What is your problem Sander? Did your mommy not give you enough attention when you were growing up? Sheesh, we all know you are going to win game 79, it is not a life changing event, trust me. I don't mind your incessant bragging on the game 79 board, because you have earned it and there is no disputing that your team is the champ, but lord, if we have to listen to everybody who has ever won a game come to this board and shout about their glory incessantly, it will get a bit old, don't you think? Especially since you were in this game, and as soon as a couple of guys attacked you, who cried and quit, perhaps you should keep game 79 propaganda where it belongs.

I tell you what, since you have made so many brags about how you are going to take out GB in game 79, I will make you a wager. If you can conquer GB in 79, I will pay for a game for you, if you cannot, you pay for one for me. I will sign up for 87 now, and happily tell Russ your game is on me if you can back up your mouth with your butt.

Wow can you imagine the sort of bragging you would get from me if I ever won a game? :woohoo: Can you pay for one of my games? set the rules im currently in 83 and 85.

Some possible terms could be....

Spongebob survives to the end of a game

Spongebob captures New York

Spongebob keeps control of the whole of Denmark

Spongebob eats 10 Ferrero Rocher in 60 seconds (try it, its tough)

Spongebob captures the whole of Switzerland

Just a few ideas :rolleyes:

Mr. X,

Very nice moves. I expected to lose Urfa, tactical (keypunch) error last turn.

Well played, a few surprises, kudos to your general.

In a way I am glad you didn't quit yet, a fine war is in the making.

Iraq, get out of Syria, you are not welcome there. Go back to Saudi.

King Zarkon

Mr. X,

Very nice moves. I expected to lose Urfa, tactical (keypunch) error last turn.

Well played, a few surprises, kudos to your general.

In a way I am glad you didn't quit yet, a fine war is in the making.

Iraq, get out of Syria, you are not welcome there. Go back to Saudi.

King Zarkon

Now you know the meaning of OOPS! I would still like to know how you are going to get back down that hill.

Sometimes you get the bear, and sometimes the bear gets you, that is the risk of bear hunting.

Iraq can talk for himself, but in my experience, it will take more than a threat to get him to back up.

Now you know the meaning of OOPS! I would still like to know how you are going to get back down that hill.

Sometimes you get the bear, and sometimes the bear gets you, that is the risk of bear hunting.

Iraq can talk for himself, but in my experience, it will take more than a threat to get him to back up.

The way I see it is I can expect a lot of bomber attention in Batman maybe followed by an ATC from Urfa that might help; however your Urfa group isn't quite as big as you left it.

I expect Iraq not to go away either, that is the trouble with playing experienced folks, you don't know when to quit and belive there is always a way out.

Getting down the hill is a little bit harder now, but not impossible.

Zarkon

It's been shown to me that Deathwalker's word is worth about the same as GM stock. His team has doublecrossed me again; I guess I am the one that was stupid enough to think his word this time would match his deeds.

Larry tell your "Proxy" in Lowlands nice job. I've seen enough, I can best answer your latest broken promise by not helping you and your deceitful team. Good luck getting Canada firmly entrenched at xLa Corunna. That has clearly been your goal all along and I think it only fair of me to tell everyone before I depart.

Tom the Red

It's been shown to me that Deathwalker's word is worth about the same as GM stock. His team has doublecrossed me again; I guess I am the one that was stupid enough to think his word this time would match his deeds.

Larry tell your "Proxy" in Lowlands nice job. I've seen enough, I can best answer your latest broken promise by not helping you and your deceitful team. Good luck getting Canada firmly entrenched at xLa Corunna. That has clearly been your goal all along and I think it only fair of me to tell everyone before I depart.

Tom the Red

I am not sure what you are talking about. I was forwarded a copy of Lowlands turn and did not see an attack on you or on Germany.

Your last email suggested that you were refocusing your efforts on those who had invaded your home country. Is there something you were planning that you did not tell me?

Anyway, yes, Canada is firmly entrenched in xLa Coruna. There is no beating him back now. At least not until Switzerland gets into play in Spain. That should be soon, based on the fact that SIM-TC's have shown he took Marseilles and Etienne from France.

Mabe I will get lucky and Canada/Spain will take me out. This game has been a downer.. . . .

Deathwalker

He X(it),

No I have no problem, but you do I guess. You give me alllll the attention I need, and I give you mine. Sheesh??? Well we all now you will loose this game. I don't brag, just displaying the playing truth. We just wonder what youre work in progress is all about, we don't see anything impressive yet, that is all. And I have an advice: don't longer "listen" to it, nobody is forcing you.

And about bragging I don't list up all those games I won, still in progress in my posts...you do. And don't forget to list VIC79 as lost. And regarding this game, wasn't you that stated that this game was/is a cheat. And remember VIC76, there I beat you and your friends a long time off. Yes I did cry in VIC84...sorry about that.

No I tell you what, if you can conquer the whole of France I will pay you two games, otherwise you pay me two, you accept?? And my mouth will back up my actions in VIC79 where I kick you butt out of the game. So I don't accept your wager because you should now as a good player as you should be, that this impossible in such a phase of the game. I don't think I can conquer GB, at least not the all of GB, but maybe just a little bit and that is enough for me.

And thanks for the tip, than I will not sign up for VIC87 I feel sorry for you that you will loose another game.

Yes you are right regarding keeping the propaganda to the game it belongs to, but whay did you reply on VIC79 in VIC84 btw??

Greetings Ruler of Greater France in VIC79.

When you make a deal then force peace so you don't have to keep the deal its a doublecross. Your word isn't good for much Deathwalker.

Tom the Red

I see he did force peace. So what? You had no intentions of attacking him, correct? Or did you plan to go back on your word as you did earlier in the game? That would be my guess.

Deathwalker

When you make a deal then force peace so you don't have to keep the deal its a doublecross. Your word isn't good for much Deathwalker.

Tom the Red

I see he did force peace. So what? You had no intentions of attacking him, correct? Or did you plan to go back on your word as you did earlier in the game? That would be my guess.

Deathwalker

An interesting reference since your team mate did double cross me and I changed what I was doing. Now you too have double crossed me. This time my reaction will take a different form.

Since you use deceit I won't be a party to helping you Deathwalker.

Tom the Red

Tom the Red

Deathwalker

An interesting reference since your team mate did double cross me and I changed what I was doing. Now you too have double crossed me. This time my reaction will take a different form.

Since you use deceit I won't be a party to helping you Deathwalker.

Tom the Red

You helping me? That's laughable. . . .

So far, all you have done to "help" me and my TA's is to take xCalais and Liege/xLiege from Lowlands.

Go help Baltic States and his TA's for while. . . . .

Deathwalker