Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 84

Glamdring

I think Lar's advice is very good. I would add another few pieces of advice for you Tom:

Don't drink Idaho's Koolaid. I speak from the experience of my last game and I can tell you it will give you indigestion. Think for yourself and act on motives that will benefit your own nation or team.

This section of the forum is for propaganda. It will frequently be full of BS which so many posts above are likely rife with. Some of it will be BS from well informed sources and some of it will be pure baloney from sources that are just making it up as they go along. Count on one thing - It will generally be here because it serves the purposes of the poster.

In the cases where it isn't serving the purposes of the poster, it is probably serving the purposes of some other party that is serving the Koolaid.

Don't fall into the name calling and personal digs. It's one thing to post about what you think people are doing. It's another thing to start calling them names, etc. That is the kind of stuff that will create long lasting animosity. One of my most difficult foes later became a trusted friend and it's a good feeling to know you can be friends with your opponents.

I would also like to second what Spaceman posted about Yugoslavia. Yugoslavia first attacked Rumania. The Impaler Army of Rumania proceeded to cut off and destroy Yugoslavia's forces. Yugoslavia's other neighbors then attacked him taking advantage of his defenseless nation. These nations are indeed still fighting over the spoils.

Race Pilsner

Idaho isn't the one selling Coolaide, you are. Spudman has helped me a lot. You said you would be his ally and you backed out. All you did for my team was attack Finland when he had Sweden beat. Real nice. Save your breath you are no better that those other BSers. I bet you are part of their team too.

Tom the Red

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Spongebob

Hey dont group me with this one, he is well off the Radar with me. I have never done anything like this. My rants are in character and in game and have no personal overtones, I think Smedders would take exception as well. :ranting:

Easy to single out one poster on a thread that contains a lot of over the top posts.

He does have a point too - I did originally say I would work with one of his allies but circumstances and messages I was receiving from said player caused me to change my mind. I play this game for enjoyment not to cultivate hard feelings. :ranting:

Race Pilsner

Easy to single out one poster on a thread that contains a lot of over the top posts.

He does have a point too - I did originally say I would work with one of his allies but circumstances and messages I was receiving from said player caused me to change my mind. I play this game for enjoyment not to cultivate hard feelings. :cheers:

Race Pilsner

Don't apologize, Race, that's just a standard situation in Vic! and is to be expected. No one should ever take this game personally; my apologies to Spongebob & Smedley for the comparison. :ranting:

I have a couple of warm, endearing messages from Glamdring & MarklenX on file. :D One has been pounding me since T4 and the other sits in my capitol! :blink:

That doesn't mean that I won't take them or you as allies in some future game. In fact, I respect a player that can assess his situation and react accordingly instead of 'down in flames' because of some mis-guided loyalty. :blink:

Although, a little payback might be sweet...... :blink:

I have a couple of warm, endearing messages from Glamdring & MarklenX on file. :ranting: One has been pounding me since T4 and the other sits in my capitol! :blink:

Although, a little payback might be sweet...... :D

Your Capital is in fact a delightful place. I had expected a village decorated with camel dung but instead I find it a charming place to rest my panzers and bathe in its crystal clear waters. It is a shame you will never see it again given the Egyptian rabble that might soon occupy her fine hotels.

I love it so much that I think I may choose to die and be buried within its walls.

Perhaps I have been too boasftul in the recent past, but I will say the road to Cairo is a treacherous road filled with pitfalls for all who travel it. At least Damacus is a pleasent place to end my armies days before restarting the journey with renewed vigour and increased respect for his opponets.

Your Capital is in fact a delightful place. I had expected a village decorated with camel dung but instead I find it a charming place to rest my panzers and bathe in its crystal clear waters. It is a shame you will never see it again given the Egyptian rabble that might soon occupy her fine hotels.

Iraqi Panzers or Pharoah's Chariots? To us, a difference only in degree! :blink:

We hope the stay is a brief but memorable one but, unfortunately, our Tourism Ministry says we're much to busy entertaining the Turk to afford you the welcome you deserve. :ranting:

Be assured that, if the opprotunity presents itself, we will deliver some parting gifts. We would hate to see such a gracious guest leave empty handed.! :D

:blink:

King Zarkon is looking for a new vacation home and xDamascus was recommended. He is sending out his tourism minister to reconnoiter and hopes to be welcomed with wine and women.

Cairo is a lovely place to visit, but getting the visa is a tough task, my administrators are trying to simplify the process.

We welcome peaceful visitors with money to spend at our markets and are eagerly searching for more unemployed population in the local commuting area who need jobs in various factories.

King Zarkon is humbled by your compiment and sends his regards and looks forward to future engagements and/or diplomatic encounters.

King Zarkon is looking for a new vacation home and xDamascus was recommended. He is sending out his tourism minister to reconnoiter and hopes to be welcomed with wine and women.

Since we longer have control over the conditions in xDamascus we cannot be certain of what you may find or the warmth of your welcome. :D

We do suggest you bring plumber's in case they've trashed the bathooms! :ranting:

:blink:

Since we longer have control over the conditions in xDamascus we cannot be certain of what you may find or the warmth of your welcome. :thumbsup:

We do suggest you bring plumber's in case they've trashed the bathooms! :P

:wacko:

King Zarkon, are you sure you want to build in Damascus? I have found the Syrians to be a rather inhospitable bunch. While they never really do any damage, they are making loud noises all through the night, making sleep tough. The utilities rarely work, and there seems to be a stench over the entire country. Even the women are ugly. Makes me think I would prefer a winter home in Egypt.

King Zarkon, are you sure you want to build in Damascus? I have found the Syrians to be a rather inhospitable bunch. While they never really do any damage, they are making loud noises all through the night, making sleep tough. The utilities rarely work, and there seems to be a stench over the entire country. Even the women are ugly. Makes me think I would prefer a winter home in Egypt.

Marklen, old boy, I'm sorry you feel that way; but I did warn you about the Harrideen many weeks ago! :thumbsup:

:beer::cheers:

Turkish ruler .. It's like this, I have to go somewhere and as long as your and the Chairman are throwing things at each other you don't throw things at me. Besides, Iraq is in xDamascus and he has not been very hospitable.

Maybe if the technological engineers from Cairo and Alexandria spend some quality time in xDamascus they can improve the smell and if I set up my winter vacation home in Damascus maybe it will bring in lovely tourists to improve the vistas.

As for you finding a winter home in Egypt, I would welcome you, but would highly recommend you letting me know in advance of your state arrival or I would think that you have ill feelings toward my humble country.

By the way, why did you give up xBatman?

King Zarkon

Since we longer have control over the conditions in xDamascus we cannot be certain of what you may find or the warmth of your welcome. :thumbsup:

We do suggest you bring plumber's in case they've trashed the bathooms! :beer:

:cheers:

Oh yeh Mr. X,

Just want to comment this in your status and constant overview of your "results":

--------------------

Persia game 42 (game high score, #1all time Persia)

Baltic States game 45(RIP)

Ireland game 57(game high score, #1 all time Ireland)

Central Russia game 59 (Game high score #3 all time CR)

France game 67(RIP)

Italy game 71(TA victory)

Algeria game 75(survivor, no win)

Sweden game 76(RIP)

Great Britain game 79(work in progress)--> yeh keeping up your work but I don't have a clue what this

France game 82 could be and the ultimate goal of this not at all. But looks nice at

Turkey game 84 the Battle Reports.

"you get more with a kind word and a gun than just a kind word"--> I give you a kind word: Good you

gonna need it.

Greetings Rednas, Ruler of Greater France, okay not in this heap but in VIC79. Mr X can tell you allllllll about it, he has some nice, long, intresting damage reports the cry about. But Mr. X(it) I have to thank you, you make my Empire bigger, and me ego, and my mouth...but who gives a sh...So a free game is coming up.