Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 84

Glamdring

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Zarkon, where you been? All the electricity out in Egypt or something? You were asking me a little bit ago about how it felt to lose 18 divisions, I thought I would let you see for yourself. You can thank me later.

Great Admiral Mr. X,

I am awed and amazed at your awesomeness.

Feel free to post the battle report for some well earned public recognition.

Zarkon

PS. You didn't, by chance, use the strategy I laid out for you did you? If so, I want royalties.

Hey Zarkon, where you been? All the electricity out in Egypt or something? You were asking me a little bit ago about how it felt to lose 18 divisions, I thought I would let you see for yourself. You can thank me later.

Great Admiral Mr. X,

Zarkon

PS. You didn't, by chance, use the strategy I laid out for you did you? If so, I want royalties.

LOL, I see, you have a defenseless force cut off behind my lines, and you suggest that perhaps I attack it with a vastly superior force, and you want credit for that idea? I will give you credit for chutzpah, for sure. I think there is an outside chance I might of come up with that on my own.

The question now is, do you send another army to slaughter?

Glad you are still with us, I was getting worried, what with your friends dropping like flies.

Great Admiral Mr. X,

Zarkon

LOL, I see, you have a defenseless force cut off behind my lines, and you suggest that perhaps I attack it with a vastly superior force, and you want credit for that idea? I will give you credit for chutzpah, for sure. I think there is an outside chance I might of come up with that on my own.

Glad you are still with us, I was getting worried, what with your friends dropping like flies.

Hi Mr. X(it),

Well if you don't already do know the feeling of loosing divisions, you will be...very soon, but in VIC79 though, and please ask your TA USA how this feeling is. He did experience it...twice.

So and that about bragging...well, well you can call yourself Mr. X(hausted), but please don't be to sensible about this, and yes I have a problem: to many delicious targets in VIC79.

And are you still with us in VIC79, or did you the Elvis move: Elvis did leave the building...hey Elvis also begins with E...E of eXit, how nice.

Greetings Rednas Ruler of Greater France in VIC79, and yes I know this is the forum of an other game...but what the heck, who cares. And send all your complains to the newly opened issue on the forum.

Toodles.

Hey Little Mullah,

Great words for such a tiny man. And I am not playing this game to have a nice time, or give others a nice time. Ask your "friend" Mr. X(it). He has not a jolly good time at the moment, at least I wouldn't if everything and all is bombed away. But maybe you can give him some GREAT advise here. Mullah see you and I could give you nice things, I promise.

Greetings Rednas Ruler of GREATER France.

In the spirit of the post declaring that this forum has become irrelevant, uninformative, and generally filled with too many posts by the Sponge and Rednas, here is something a little different. I have recorded the conquered cities that appear in the World Events, and awarded the conqueror one point for each turn that the city is held. In this way I have come up my estimate of the top ten positions in game 84:

1. Sweden

2. Egypt

3. Czech

4. N. Russia

5. Baltics

6. Turkey

7. Canada

8. Tunisia

9. Morocco

10. Iraq

Discuss.

Woo Hoo!!! I'm number One! I never would have thought that possible 15 turns ago. Did I lose any points for Finland holding xGallivare all those turns? Hope that wouldn't put Egypt ahead of me.

Doctor Strangemind

Overlord of Greater Sweden

In the spirit of the post declaring that this forum has become irrelevant, uninformative, and generally filled with too many posts by the Sponge and Rednas, here is something a little different. I have recorded the conquered cities that appear in the World Events, and awarded the conqueror one point for each turn that the city is held. In this way I have come up my estimate of the top ten positions in game 84:

1. Sweden

2. Egypt

3. Czech

4. N. Russia

5. Baltics

6. Turkey

7. Canada

8. Tunisia

9. Morocco

10. Iraq

Discuss.

1. Sweden

2. Egypt

3. Czech

4. N. Russia

5. Baltics

6. Turkey

7. Canada

8. Tunisia

9. Morocco

10. Iraq

Discuss.

I love this idea. I have often thought it would be really fun if Russ would publish an ongoing points total. It would probably be easy to build a speadsheet to do it these days. I would love to see the top ten in land kills, or air kills. It would be fun to track.

I agree Sweden is doing well, but what this does not track is losses. For instance, Egypt is in dire straits at the moment, though he still holds most of TJ.

Good work though Spaceman.

Guest Spongebob

1. Sweden

2. Egypt

3. Czech

4. N. Russia

5. Baltics

6. Turkey

7. Canada

8. Tunisia

9. Morocco

10. Iraq

Discuss.

I love this idea. I have often thought it would be really fun if Russ would publish an ongoing points total. It would probably be easy to build a speadsheet to do it these days. I would love to see the top ten in land kills, or air kills. It would be fun to track.

I agree Sweden is doing well, but what this does not track is losses. For instance, Egypt is in dire straits at the moment, though he still holds most of TJ.

Good work though Spaceman.

Would this not also show those that have no chance of winning and thus pre-empt early drops even faster than a Sponge in charge of Denmark <_<

Doctor, I also subtracted one point for each turn that the World Events showed an enemy holding one of your cities, so the numbers should be pretty accurate.

Marklen, yes, it does not account for losses, but this is the best I could do with just the World Events to work with. It would be nice if RTG could put something together. I used to love reading the newsletter battle reports in the old Supernova, but they must have been time consuming to write. As for Egypt ranking higher than he should based on losses, that may be true. On the other hand the fields of Greece are littered with the corpses of the Turkish dead and Greek forces will soon be able to walk across the Aegean by stepping on the ruins of your navy <_<

Sponge, the point is not winning, the point is fighting to the last man. If you are fighting a larger foe then the glory of the kill is even greater.

1. Sweden

2. Egypt

3. Czech

4. N. Russia

5. Baltics

6. Turkey

7. Canada

8. Tunisia

9. Morocco

10. Iraq

Discuss.

Well done Spaceman, what an elegantly simple way to rank this. I too think it would be really cool to have scores or rankings posted so this is very cool to see!

Grats Doc, well deserved Kudos to you for turning the Finns back! Czech and Egypt also on your great starts. I must work harder!

Race Pilsner

1. Sweden

2. Egypt

3. Czech

4. N. Russia

5. Baltics

6. Turkey

7. Canada

8. Tunisia

9. Morocco

10. Iraq

Discuss.

Hi Spaceball,

It is a way of ranking, keeping the game element in the game upright. I personally also would prefer a point system. But this has to come from Rolling Thunder to my opinion, because other things also influence the points, like morale, money, ADL,IMDL well we all know what is important. But at least I do not know who to count them...but I am only me.

So, Spacecowboy, what a possibility could be is to add the extra 5 Victory Points: Gibraltar, Berlin, Suez, Malta and the canal in Germany, that gives an extra 1 Vic Point for every location.

I hope this is for everyone a little proof that I aslo can write normal stuff. But is this forum only for normal stuff, serious matters? Well that I do have at the job, this is hobby, a game, we must not forget that. At least to me I don't hate somebody at the forum, keep only a certain tension. But who cares anyway.

Greetings Rednas

Great Admiral Mr. X,

Zarkon

Good morning Mr. X,

For the record, I still don't know what it feels like to lose 18 divisions in game 84. After all the smack talk, you and all the bombers of Persia, Turkey, and Iraq destroyed three, yep, just three divisions that started out at 20 percent strength each. No wonder you didn't post the battle report.

On the other hand, Don't you hate it when you are typing orders at 1 a.m. and don't double check? Human error is a real and vibrant part of this game. Things like typing a 1 rather than an 11 to merge forces ... OK S#%# happens, blame the Leader (who has been replaced) the battle continues.

PS> is Iraq still trying to sneak in through eastern Syria? tell your buddy that may be a very bad idea; sneaking around in the dark is a good way to get snake bitten.

Zarkon