Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 87

Guest Spongebob

That makes one of us.... :drunk:

Objection.

I claim half the honors of crushing the UAE in a cowardly two - against - one confrontation and I was the first one who bumped into him, Three UAE mechanised divisions in the province of Alkuwait, clearly showing his evil intentions against Persia and/or Iraq, on turn 3 of the game. It was the Persian Army that decided the border battle at Qusaiba and the Persian army that took the first major city and the capitol after the massive battle of Yas.

The Persian airforce was forced to inactivity during the battles of xNizwa, because Iraq wanted to finish it all by himself.

And Finally, the Persian navy was forced into the role of comic relief, demonstrating that you can't rely on FC these days.

And that same Persian fleet went all the way to the mediterranian to help kill some Tunisians, only to find there are none left. Next stop: xReykyavik.

Oh sorry. I was just referring to who finished the job, but OK.

Tim: It was Persia and Iraq the first time, and Syria the second time. I had nothing to do with it! :)

I'm just in this game to fight Algeria, since turn 20. Just some 10 more turns of bashing air groups, losing airfields and lots of troops, and hopefully gaining some more in Algeria. How much air groups can a country have, you wonder?

Errrm... I lost far more airpoints to Algeria then you did. And more air and arm to Tunisia as well. And all I got was puny little Tunisia. Ah well. As long as you completely kill him off before the game ends. And you better do, because he has more airkills than you so he'll take your spot in the HoF.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All Marats have a Quacking Device installed to penetrate enemy sea-space unnoticed... :ninja:

That won't work against the Icelandic Navy & Air Force ~ they will shoot at it anyway.

Are you guns and bombs already defrosted after that long and cold winter up north? Or will you be shooting and dropping blocks of ice?

Our Geothermic Energy Plants have done quite well through the long winters....the only problems they had was keeping the airplane fuel from gelling. Far too many cancelled missions due to the cold weather....BUT, nevel had a problem with the guns and bombs! ;)

New map:

victory-map-diplomacy-87t64.png

- Tunisia seems to be out for the count. But we were fooled by this player before so we don't believe this, so there is probably a village somewhere in the desert with 18 secret divisions, legendary fortification and 50 air groups on intercept.

- The Persians and Iraqi's are taking advantage from the (relative) lull on in the Western Ukraine by advancing to the north. We'll see if Baltic States and Finland will try to cut off this bulge, or try to stop it head on. I pay my respects to the Finnish department of armament production. How many arm factories DO you have?

- In a mix up of communications, Turkey did DW on the wrong opponent.

- The Transjordanese continue their hunt for Algerian air bases. Heavy fighting in and around the Algerian province of Mololo.

- Fierce fighting in the Northern Russian of Troitsko. Some local voluteers of the Persian Militia were attacked by Norway. In their last report they were talking about a massive attack by 12 Mechanised divisions with assistance from 8 armored "Centurion" divisions, aided by massive tactical support of a wing of spell-using red dragons. They had been drinking a bit.

- No news from the western front.

Now about that last one,

I hear all kind of stories about massive air and naval battles over there and I know that Iceland and Baltic States have bases in Great Britain, but let us hear about those battles.

Ha-ha... for a moment there i thought i read something about Turkey doing something... kidding, right? :D

Well that's not entirely fair.

He is building his army, air force and navy, each of which by now should be among the strongest 25% of all nations that once started this competition. He has inflicted more than three times the naval losses done by the Persians. He has an exellent ratio between losses inficted and losses taken. He has a steady production of fresh concrete.

And he is providing his allies with plenty of information, for which we thank him.

And let us not forget that when the Transjordanese were implementing their policy of industrialisation at the expense of agriculture, a lot of Transjordanese were suffering from starvation. Lots of children were saved by Turkish food parcels. It was the time that Jerusalem was still a pastoral province with sheep and olive trees, not the province of today that is filled with enormous pig farms, battery cages and pumping stations for Beer.

- No news from the western front.

Now about that last one,

I hear all kind of stories about massive air and naval battles over there and I know that Iceland and Baltic States have bases in Great Britain, but let us hear about those battles.

Actually, the bigger battles are likely still to come, mostly fencing with a few decent actions so far. Nobody wants to finish the game with lots of shiny new toys that haven't been played with, though. I considered looking for a ruling that if a certain number of ship points were sunk in one of the Irish Sea zones that it would create a causeway between Ireland and Great Britain across which ground forces could fight, but that would probably take too much reprogramming, not to mention that we aren't really there yet....

I surely wish the island of Man were Persian, just so I could bare witness of the spectacle to come.

The battle for Central Russia will probably remain a tense affair just up to the end of the game. After turn 73 I will make my turns available for anyone. I promise that I won't cut out my bliunders, humiliating defeats and other inconveniences, so you can all laugh at the adventures of the Persian navy.

We are finally withering under the assault of eight (nine) players (Greece, Hungary, Austria, Italy, Yugoslavia, Poland, Baltic States, Norway, and sometimes Iceland).....we will continue to inflict damage....but not likely to hold our ground for too much longer. 2v8 (or 9) is a little too steep....even on defense.

That explains why no airforces are seen on the other side. They could use some air support there, by the way.

What do you mean, "no airforces are seen on the other side" ?

And "They should send more?" Who's side are you on?