Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 87

Guest Spongebob

New map:

victory-map-diplomacy-87t69.png

15 days without a post on this topic. It would seem that nothing is happening. while there is still lots of action in some places.

- Algeria seems to make a stand in xBayadh. No Algerian planes were intercepted this time. A group of Syrian scout planes was intercepted by two full groups (Me 262 and FW 190 A8) to prove that Algeria Is Not Dead Yet.

- Iraq is nearing the border of Baltic states and expanding its Polish holdings.

- Persia finally discovered what the Finnish air force is up to: Experimenting with jet fighters and defending xLeningrad. Better strengthen our Mig-15 research.

- Still fighting in Ireland. Does anyone have news on the situation in France?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 days without a post on this topic. It would seem that nothing is happening. while there is still lots of action in some places.

To give you an idea that your maps are still read and appreciated: Keep up the good work!

- Algeria seems to make a stand in xBayadh. No Algerian planes were intercepted this time. A group of Syrian scout planes was intercepted by two full groups (Me 262 and FW 190 A8) to prove that Algeria Is Not Dead Yet.

He is indeed still not dead. Don't know how many planes I've shot down already, impossible to count, but the war is still on. By the way, Algerian planes were intercepted over Brezina, 50 complete Spitfires groups shot down 339 Ju-88-A4 (5.65 groups, almost 2k airpoints). Add that to the almost 13k airpoints lost last turn (some by Tunisia btw). Good for the score.

To give you an idea that your maps are still read and appreciated: Keep up the good work!

He is indeed still not dead. Don't know how many planes I've shot down already, impossible to count, but the war is still on. By the way, Algerian planes were intercepted over Brezina, 50 complete Spitfires groups shot down 339 Ju-88-A4 (5.65 groups, almost 2k airpoints). Add that to the almost 13k airpoints lost last turn (some by Tunisia btw). Good for the score.

I thought Tunisia was already dead.

We are still encountering lots of IL-4's, Yak 9DD's and even La-9's, so Tunisia is not dead yet. Neither is the UAE, as we still catch a monthly quotum of fresh Mata Hari's each turn. At this moment the battle for Algeria is far more intense than the battle for Central Russia.

Did you now? Hmm, so why do you keep sending in orders?

Did you now? Hmm, so why do you keep sending in orders?

What orders? my pilots are so fanatical, they just fly on their own and attack anything that moves. And there is a lot that moves.... :):beer:

Funny how they forget each turn to bomb the Algerian units.They are moving too, you know.

By the way, greetings from the noble Iraqi colony of xNizwa

• 3 weeks later...

New map:

victory-map-diplomacy-87t70.png

- Transjordan found a concentration of Tunesians in (Spanish) Morocco. So that is were they have been hiding all the time! And killed a lot of xAlgerian base levels in the usual bloody exchange.

- Iraq and the Turkish air force bumped into a well defended stack of King Tigers at the Baltic/Russian border.

- The map of central Russia is getting a bit chaotic. There are substantial Finnish units resisting while the front has passed by to xUstinov. The Persian vanguard has returned to Northern Russian soil.

- Transjordan found a concentration of Tunesians in (Spanish) Morocco. So that is were they have been hiding all the time! And killed a lot of xAlgerian base levels in the usual bloody exchange.

- Iraq and the Turkish air force bumped into a well defended stack of King Tigers at the Baltic/Russian border.

- The map of central Russia is getting a bit chaotic. There are substantial Finnish units resisting while the front has passed by to xUstinov. The Persian vanguard has returned to Northern Russian soil.

Yeah Tim was giving of false information again, about his planes being in the sand. Not that I believed him anyway. But there is quite some land to cover so finding him took some time. And he's been flying through my FC regularly, so I forgive him.

• 2 weeks later...

New map:

victory-map-diplomacy-87t71.png

- Baltic and Polish offensives drive Iraq back. The long supply route becomes a problem, as well as the fact that most armies have outrun their fighter cover.

- Persian scouts report that Northern Russia is much like Central Russia: empty. Luckily, there is a lot of it. The vanguard of the main army has captured some interesting Icelandic planes (P-51D's). They were send back for reverse engineering. And we thought that American tech was only good for making refrigerators. Which, by the way, are very popular in Persia in this time of the year.

- The garrison at xYelnya must have the feeling that everyone has forgotten them. Don't worry, you guys,

- There appear to be more Tunisians left than we thought. We will have to do something about that.

- Vom Westen nichts neues.