Rolling Thunder Forums

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting times... Lowlands has taken custody of Northern Germany, we now know where Ireland and GB tried and failed to go... i wonder where Iceland will be going from Denmark now! :D

Guest Spongebob

Meanwhile somewhere in the North Sea..... Ah I do like a trip on a boat, word on the shortwave is its not safe for me to head home to Spongistan, there are lots of Icelandic Hoards running around doing evil things with the local wildlife but I have a plan to continue the fight from afar. Many moons ago i sent my elite Spongistani Marines to build me a secret underground lair on the Island of Faeroe and they were ordered to maintain radio silence. I will head there, take comand of the secret base and rule the world from there.

Later Dudes.......

Murrraaaaghhhhh!!!!!

Murrraaaaghhhhh!!!!!

Murrraaaaghhhhh!!!!!

Murrraaaaghhhhh!!!!!

New map:

victory-map-diplomacy-94t23.png

- Landings on the Italian coast are not very successfull. Yet. Costly battles in the Tyrrenian sea,

- xBerlin has fallen. No raging luniatics in a bunker over there. Bavaria is far nicer.

- Lowlands advancing to the north, taking his part of the former spongistani empire, while Iceland takes Jutland.

- I have tweaked the coloring of the Middle east a bit, as requested.

- The whole of Canada is conquered. The whole of Canada? No, probably there are still some islands that are not worth taking. Was Canada ever played this game? Where will the US of A go next?

New map:

- Landings on the Italian coast are not very successfull. Yet. Costly battles in the Tyrrenian sea,

- xBerlin has fallen. No raging luniatics in a bunker over there. Bavaria is far nicer.

- Lowlands advancing to the north, taking his part of the former spongistani empire, while Iceland takes Jutland.

- The whole of Canada is conquered. The whole of Canada? No, probably there are still some islands that are not worth taking. Was Canada ever played this game? Where will the US of A go next?

I need the 30 order lines on turn 25 in the worst way! I will be in Europe soon.

:rolleyes:

New map:

Technically, the landings worked just fine -- it was the response that rendered the 'invasion' unsuccessful (but we get your point!) Had Italy not delayed I think things would have been much different because we would have had a second turn to consolidate, attack and reinforce, but you never know how it will go so that's why we play the game...

New map:

Technically, the landings worked just fine -- it was the response that rendered the 'invasion' unsuccessful (but we get your point!) Had Italy not delayed I think things would have been much different because we would have had a second turn to consolidate, attack and reinforce, but you never know how it will go so that's why we play the game...

Yeah, we got suckered into this "lets try and make our opponent's turn meaningless" trick before, and it cost Edwin (Rumania) everything as we didn't expect this from that opponent. We won't be fooled into putting the 'honorable' label on someone again in Vic94 and delay as long as needed until we see what all relevant opponents of a player did... :)

Btw, not very nice to have Ireland land on a spot where there's no port anywhere in sight. It's already a long long way from GB and Ireland to Italy even with port available, but to have to do an invasion without a port to grab is setting up (or being set up) for failure or at least for an extremely hard time when done against an opponent who is known to have a large divebomber force.

Go to Germany! Everybody does it, and it's so much closer to home for you that it makes the logistics a walk in the park compared to Italy!

Or to Norway, you know the way... :ninja::cannon:

Btw, not very nice to have Ireland land on a spot where there's no port anywhere in sight. It's already a long long way from GB and Ireland to Italy even with port available, but to have to do an invasion without a port to grab is setting up (or being set up) for failure or at least for an extremely hard time when done against an opponent who is known to have a large divebomber force.

Go to Germany! Everybody does it, and it's so much closer to home for you that it makes the logistics a walk in the park compared to Italy!

Hey dont critisize my landing, I am the one who still has Marines in Italy, in case you forgot.... No wait scrap that - I have no marines in Italy, honest :blush:

Hey dont critisize my landing, I am the one who still has Marines in Italy, in case you forgot.... No wait scrap that - I have no marines in Italy, honest :blush:

Your landing went perfect! In fact, your location so far away from a port is what kept you alive, so maybe it was indeed a very cunning plan of you to have GB take the heat... sneaky! ;)