Rolling Thunder Forums

Guest Spongebob

This reminds me of the story of Billy Bobpants, my 3rd cousin of my brother Billy Bob Squarepants, he married my 4th cousin Bernadette Bobpants, or was that his sister? could have been his wifes sister.. anyway they were related and they met up at my 1st cousins funeral, now he was called Jethro Pants and he had 1, 2, no well he had some brothers and they were called Jeff, Skyler and Bubba, now I know what your thinking Skyler? well he / she went for the snip something to do with being in the wrong body. Anyway they had this kid and he was called Daisy May Squarepanties and she once had to stay behind after school, the teacher started telling her off for gobbing on Sunita Geschwani's hair. But everyone knows she only made her stay late because she wanted to get off with her, cuz when she was telling her off her legs were wide open and Candice reckons she could see her spider. Sorry completley forgot what the point was.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The map is misleading as it gives the appearance that the Purple team is very large. Just because 1 person in a TA team joins another TA team doesn't mean the two teams are working together. I don't even know the player's names for Iraq and Saudi and the map shows we are a big team. I hope all players stay in the game and not withdraw on perception.

Pete

ps. The Azores are lovely, I will be right there, somewhere....

You have a point here.

The fiirst turns there is a direct link between TA's and color on the map. The coloring would work if all players would form nice, separate 5-pkayer TA's and there would not be any diplomatic links outside of these alliances. Something like WO II.

That does not happen. It is impossible to exacty represent all TA's and missing links with just filling colors.

The main purpose of the map is to let visitors of the forum know what's going on in a game. Like a kind of newspaper. While I will admit that the maps themselves are not completely neutral, I try to make then so. But they must have a "story" to tell. And for that Story I make blocks that do not correspond exactly with the TA structure. The story that I know of is that of the colors,

If the purple alliance falls out with eachother and the first inter-block DW's start arriving I can make a story out of it. by changing colors. It happened in game 89. In 87 we had a "blue" TA and a "Green" TA that were interconnected through a series of bewildering, asymmetric TA's, This allowed Poland to win on its'own, while he was depicted as part of the "blue" alliance. For the story he was: Green and Orange were neutral to eachother, but Blue and Orange were fighting a fierce battle all over Russia.

Try if you can if you can capture the essence of a game in 300 words or less.

(The role of Denmark can be described by just adding the word "Spongebob")

Nevertheless, I will do something about the coloring of the middle east.

The map is misleading as it gives the appearance that the Purple team is very large. Just because 1 person in a TA team joins another TA team doesn't mean the two teams are working together. I don't even know the player's names for Iraq and Saudi and the map shows we are a big team. I hope all players stay in the game and not withdraw on perception.

Pete

ps. The Azores are lovely, I will be right there, somewhere....

Pete,

it's not misleading as it is a functional map. It's not how the TA's are defined on your turnsheet, it's how the cooperation between blocks are shown. The cooperation between blocks is defined by how they treat each other on common ground, not on the other side of the map. You don't know the Iraqi player, but you don't need to know him as you don't have any business with him. In contrast, where the relationship matters is where the alliances border each other. The only real relevance in the relationship between the Atlantics and the Russians is on their common border, which is in the Scandinavia/Denmark/Germany area, and effectively now the situation between GB/Iceland and Finland. There, they work together. The only real relevance between the Russian block and the Arab lock is how Southern Russia interacts with Iraq/SA in the Middle East. There, they work together. All other relationships between the block members are irrelevant, as for instance the difference in behaviour between USA and Central Russia between being at war or being a TA can't really be put into action-wise different behaviour.

To put it simple: GB and Finland link the Atlantics and Russkies, SR and Iraq/SA link the Russkies and Arabs, CR and Bulgaria (and SR and Greece) link the Russkies and Balcanites. Out of those links follow all other implicit side-taking.

Im sure I can make it all clearer by DW on a few more nations :cannon:

I promise not to sink the rest of your fleet if you do not DW on me. :rolleyes:

Pete, sounds like a fair offer, so deal! You don't DW on me, i don't sink your fleet... sounds very acceptable. :D

• 2 weeks later...

New map:

victory-map-diplomacy-94t22.png

- Southern Russia gobbling up large pieces of the middle east.

- Germany is being gobbled up from the east.

- The Hungarians are back were they started from: their capital.

- Spongebob still there? If you're not, I am certain that Germany wants xHamburg back.

Guest Spongebob

Alas poor Yorik, I knew him, Daggerad - I am no more, I could not make it past T21 so again Denmark is on the scrap heap. Congratulations to the victors but you should not pat yourself on the back too much - Killing a Sponge is not like killing a Mouse.

I am not bitter, I enjoy the few turns I play as they are full of fight, better to live fast than die old.

Asta la Vista - I'll be back V96 has Denmarks name all over it

Spongielooser...I agree with Dageraad....you are the most reliable, no not opponent...no not player...hmmm what then...yes...most reliable looser in the victory game...you know from rumours I guess that this game last 73 turns...yes 73, not just 20. But you will never read that on your turn sheet, Spongiebaby. Ohhh poor you, lost again. Imagine all the money you wasted on all those games...and never won anything, except your reputation as a word breaking player.

Well I hope to see you again in a game you are en easy prey for event the rookiest player...nice try.

So I say soooooooooooooooo long.

Rednas Ruler of my beloved Bornholm.

I hope for your sake that you indeed find yourself next to someone who is a complete walkover, Rednas, as apparently when faced by someone who does put up a fight, you can't beat him even in a 3:1 situation. Poland is already the victor in this game, now you were forced to leave him his capital with all his resources and supplies because you couldn't end the siege and had to force peace on him to stop him from continously bombing your divisions to oblivion. I guess when his bombers found you even in Germany, it was too much for you to stomach, eh? Well, nice try indeed...

No worries though, i'm sure you will find another rookie player somewhere in another game. Who knows, if you go 5:1 you may even prevail!!! :D

Guest Spongebob

Redfarse always spouts but never delivers, he is one of the Monks disciples and keeps hidden away until he is part of a winning team. If he had declared his nation earlier this game would have had a different dynamic as I would have concentrated all my efforts on his distruction, Lowlands, Iceland, GB and his cronies etc would have never seen a Sponge on there battle reports but I am used to his waffle when the Sponge is out. Maybe in 95 he can announce his location before T5 so I can march on his nation. For all Monks faults at least he lets me know where he is most of the time, this guy just rolls up when the Sponge is out, At least I have an interesting game while im in it, i could not imagine hiding behind mommy monks apron for 70+ turns. Its not about the winning, its the taking part a fact a few players over the years have forgot. Adios

I hope for your sake that you indeed find yourself next to someone who is a complete walkover, Rednas, as apparently when faced by someone who does put up a fight, you can't beat him even in a 3:1 situation. Poland is already the victor in this game, now you were forced to leave him his capital with all his resources and supplies because you couldn't end the siege and had to force peace on him to stop him from continously bombing your divisions to oblivion. I guess when his bombers found you even in Germany, it was too much for you to stomach, eh? Well, nice try indeed...

No worries though, i'm sure you will find another rookie player somewhere in another game. Who knows, if you go 5:1 you may even prevail!!! :D

Yeay, long live Poland. Booooo to Rednas, almost on the same level as Spongie in effectiveness, he just has more allies.

Dageraad: the colors in the map are indeed deceiving. With British troops landing in force in Italy, supported by Ireland and Iceland, while Great Britain is supposedly fighting in Scandinavia makes it awfully clear to what extent these parties are working together. And still France is losing the battle for Turin. But you might want to keep Iraq and SA as a separate color. Where else will SR turn to, now that Persia and Turkey are almost gone? All those armies in the southern desert with no place to go....

:python: