Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 95

Guest Spongebob

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Mixed composition of the African TA? Oh you mean the the TA group that consists of (from west to east): Morocco, Spain, France, Switzerland, Tunisia, Italy, Egypt, and the UAE? Who are working with Turkey, Persia and SR, with some help from CR?"

Well when you put it that way it does sound pretty crappy. Oh well. Game on!

Well, last time i looked some of them were at war with Persia, Turkey and Souhern Russia and some of them were fighting against

Greece Yugoslavla Rumania Austria Hungary Lowlands Germany Denmark Great Brittain and Ireland, Yes?

If we are distorting the truth, I wanna compete.

Ya I know right it was ok when they were attacking their neighbors at 2 and 3 against one..and also have a deal to not attack red.. But I guess it's a crime for North Africa to join our cause against their forming world order!

Italy will probably die soon but we will make it costly...

Hopefully my enemies bring food cause Italy just ran out

Good News

Ireland found 20,000 French food.

So all the occupied territories will be thriving

I find it interesting and even amusing how hard some people work at trying to read into and interpret what is posted and how hard they try to bend it to their own advantage or just in order to make themselves feel better (or worse) about their individual situation.

Falco's post merely sought to clarify the current web of alliances and agreements at this stage in the game and I was just commenting (in the affirmative) about his 'assessment.' I read (and wrote) nothing that smacked of complaining, hand wringing, or any other such reaction in either of our posts. If anything, I was trying to make light of the situation.

The fact is that right now, the African group has entered into what I'm sure will be a long term 'relationship' with Predator and Reece's group. The Africans have also brokered a truce, albeit a temporary one, with the Far East group that benefits both of them for the time being. I won't go into why they've made these deals because in each case I think it's pretty obvious. Will either of them last indefinitely? One possibly, and the other definitely not.

It's all good though. That's just part of the game.

I find it interesting and even amusing how hard some people work at trying to read into and interpret what is posted and how hard they try to bend it to their own advantage or just in order to make themselves feel better (or worse) about their individual situation.

Falco's post merely sought to clarify the current web of alliances and agreements at this stage in the game and I was just commenting (in the affirmative) about his 'assessment.' I read (and wrote) nothing that smacked of complaining, hand wringing, or any other such reaction in either of our posts. If anything, I was trying to make light of the situation.

The fact is that right now, the African group has entered into what I'm sure will be a long term 'relationship' with Predator and Reece's group. The Africans have also brokered a truce, albeit a temporary one, with the Far East group that benefits both of them for the time being. I won't go into why they've made these deals because in each case I think it's pretty obvious. Will either of them last indefinitely? One possibly, and the other definitely not.

It's all good though. That's just part of the game.

Exactly as I meant it, thanks. But some people will always whine. About the first "relationship" as you mention: Those relations are cemented by TA bonds all over. That is indeed pretty long term.

Imagine the surprise when the deal between Egypt et al and the far eastern group is over. They (Far easterners) have already suffered the loss of thousands or even tens of thousands of airpoints and lots of ARM and being attacked by fresh troops and even more airgroups from a southern front, who've had time to recover and a fairly easy battle up to this point.

Imagine the surprise when the deal between Egypt et al and the far eastern group is over. They (Far easterners) have already suffered the loss of thousands or even tens of thousands of airpoints and lots of ARM and being attacked by fresh troops and even more airgroups from a southern front, who've had time to recover and a fairly easy battle up to this point.

Hey Falco,

I do understand that you want to play out Choclate and Burgundy against eachother, but this is a bit obvious.

Hey Falco,

I do understand that you want to play out Choclate and Burgundy against eachother, but this is a bit obvious.

I have no doubt that the Chocolate and Burgundy 'alliance' will last forever. Assuming they can save Turkey, I'm sure S.R. and Persia will have no problem sitting in their little corner of the map content with what they achieved in the first 10-15 turns of the game.

Hey Falco,

I have no doubt that the Chocolate and Burgundy 'alliance' will last forever. Assuming they can save Turkey, I'm sure S.R. and Persia will have no problem sitting in their little corner of the map content with what they achieved in the first 10-15 turns of the game.

I'm in danger?!? I've stopped the Greek advance and have started to retake my territory. If Greece has any surprises they will be short lived. Rebuilding all those armament factories won't be that easy. Losing that much production for even one turn is crushing.

If it wasn't for Greece attacking me, your alliance would be sitting in a much better position. You would have half the enemies to deal with. Some day you should divulge the name of that genius.

As for peace between Chocolate and Burgundy- I hope it last. I have already said I have other places I'd rather be. Time will tell, but keep stirring the pot Ken.

Hey Falco,

Again a perfect explanation of the facts by the inspector. What is there for me to play out, when stating the obvious? :-)