Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 95

Guest Spongebob

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Yugoslav has moved back in.. Not sure what that was all about trying to draw me out perhaps!?

Inspector -- all div fixed yet we have given up on Zurich? what happened to the third time being the charm!? Might as well give it a go mate you are going nowhere in Italy at the moment.

Gecko you should drop and sign up for 97 that game is soo slow to get going. This game is so boring I'm anxious to start the next one.

Oh, what was I ever thinking?!? Clearly you have my best interests at heart. I'll rush over to xZurich immediately. :) Now, now Predator. Don't worry. All will happen in good time. Patience is a virtue.

As to your apparent bout of boredom, you do realize it's self imposed, right? Just be kind enough to have certain locations ceded back to you and I'll be more than happy to alleviate your boredom. Then again,something tells me you're not really bored at all. If you were, you wouldn't resort to the very tactics that brought you to the verge of quitting a few turns ago when someone did it to you. How telling.

Hmmm. Where to send my bombers this turn, now that the Morocco army is destroyed. I'll have to consult my recent intel. There have been reports of a Libyan divison lurking about.

You have done a great job of concealing the last airbase of yours. I guess we have to take all of the Algerian desert and cities. Ugh!

In all fairness Predator, I can understand your frustration. That being said, Russ clearly made a mistake, it had to be fixed, and he resolved it the only way he could and that entailed backtracking and rerunning turns accordingly. The good news is that Russ was willing to not only admit his error, but worked to fix it. It could have happened to any of us and knowing that Russ runs his business in such a way that he is willing to work to correct mistakes when they happen is very reassuring as a customer. This can't be said of a lot of experiences I think we've all had with other businesses.

Looks like Yugoslav has moved back in.. Not sure what that was all about trying to draw me out perhaps!?

Inspector -- all div fixed yet we have given up on Zurich? what happened to the third time being the charm!? Might as well give it a go mate you are going nowhere in Italy at the moment.

Gecko you should drop and sign up for 97 that game is soo slow to get going. This game is so boring I'm anxious to start the next one.

As long as I have units to order, and other game mechanics to attend to, I'll keep submitting my orders. As for 97, I've been signed up a long time.

Hmmm. Where to send my bombers this turn, now that the Morocco army is destroyed. I'll have to consult my recent intel. There have been reports of a Libyan divison lurking about.

You have done a great job of concealing the last airbase of yours. I guess we have to take all of the Algerian desert and cities. Ugh!

No easy spoils in Algeria. Lots of desert cities in which to hide. Now if only I could encourage my desert nomad tribes to actually establish a city.....

Well nothing can match what the Austrians have built when it comes to a navy! Upon Lake Achen rests the pride of Austria's sea (lake) fairing might. Rest your eyes upon our 'fleet'.

racing.jpg

In an effort to dissuade overzealous aggressors from embarrassing themselves from EVER thinking they could surpass our naval prowess, we have taken the unheard of step of actually releasing highly classified details about the capabilities of our ships. Some would say that revealing such state secrets would compromise our vital security, but we know that our technology is so advanced compared to our potential enemies that there is little or no threat to us in releasing this information. Long live Austria!

Specifications

barn1400.gif

Hull...................Hard chined

Length...................13ft 10in

Beam............................53in

Weight......................140lbs

Crew Capacity.........600 lbs

Sail Area........Main 75 sq. ft.

Armament.............classified (hey, we need some secrets)

You have been warned Spain! Set sail for Austria at your own peril!

New map:

victory-map-diplomacy-95t22.png

- As Algeria is still active, it is still on the map.

- While some parts of Saudi Arabia are not conquered, almost all Saudians have been. The coloring of the UAE has been changed to better resemble the mixed composition of the 'African' TA.

- Some movement in the mediterranian as the Balkan nations are targetted by the Africans.

- Norway has been invaded by Iceland.

New map:

victory-map-diplomacy-95t22.png

- As Algeria is still active, it is still on the map.

- While some parts of Saudi Arabia are not conquered, almost all Saudians have been. The coloring of the UAE has been changed to better resemble the mixed composition of the 'African' TA.

- Some movement in the mediterranian as the Balkan nations are targetted by the Africans.

- Norway has been invaded by Iceland.

Mixed composition of the African TA? Oh you mean the the TA group that consists of (from west to east): Morocco, Spain, France, Switzerland, Tunisia, Italy, Egypt, and the UAE? Who are working with Turkey, Persia and SR, with some help from CR?