Rolling Thunder Forums

Galactic Senate Proposal and Charter Requirements

EternusIV

The Collective would remind the LLOTHIAN EMPIRE's delegtion that it forgot to sign its name with an empire number. Such information would be very helpful in the establishing appropriate diplomatic relations with your people.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but in my recollection of the posts of the Llothian Empire, the only diplomacy is with a battleship and troop ships... B)

Indeed, you would seem to be correct good Senator :lol:

Pres and Sen Logion

Benthis Collective

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Benthis Collective Posted: Jun 15 2004, 04:41 PM 

The Collective would remind the LLOTHIAN EMPIRE's delegtion that it forgot to sign its name with an empire number. Such information would be very helpful in the establishing appropriate diplomatic relations with your people.

So let it be written, so let it be done. B)

Queen Azuth of House Al-Goth

Llothian Empire

Kurassier Posted: Jun 15 2004, 04:58 PM

Please correct me if I am wrong, but in my recollection of the posts of the Llothian Empire, the only diplomacy is with a battleship and troop ships... 

Was there any other way? :lol:

Cya out there......soon. B)

I'm with the Llothian Empire on this one. If you bunch of do-gooders want to run around the universe making peace with everyone you meet then so be it. I on the other hand will lay claim to every planet and every race I meet - hopefully by force.

It would be wise if common thinking races could form some allegiance to counteract these peace-mongers. Queen Azuth I look to you for guideance

I would consider voting for anti-piracy legislation and look forward to the bill proposal.

Proposal:

The Galactic Senate declares piracy as a strictly illegal activity. No empire is allowed to steal or capture property belonging to another empire, unless under a declared state of war. Piracy is not in keeping with the Senate’s stated goals. Any empire found by the Galactic Senate to be engaging in piracy, will be branded as an outlaw empire. All empires, both in and out of the Galactic Senate are free to engage, indeed encouraged to engage, an outlaw empire wherever it is found to exist.

Hannibal

Carthaginian Empire

On the subject of players and multiple empires...

Proposal:

The Galactic Senate requires member players to ensure all their empires, both public and private, comply with the bylaws of the Senate. Such a requirement prevents a player from publicly endorsing and upholding the tenets of the Senate while privately working contrary these tenets with additional privately held empires. Any player found to be working against the tenets of the Galactic Senate will be ejected from this body immediately and the Senate will decide what punitive action, if any, will be taken against the ejected player.

Hannibal

Carthaginian Empire

I would consider voting for anti-piracy legislation and look forward to the bill proposal.

Proposal:

The Galactic Senate declares piracy as a strictly illegal activity. No empire is allowed to steal or capture property belonging to another empire, unless under a declared state of war. Piracy is not in keeping with the Senate’s stated goals. Any empire found by the Galactic Senate to be engaging in piracy, will be branded as an outlaw empire. All empires, both in and out of the Galactic Senate are free to engage, indeed encouraged to engage, an outlaw empire wherever it is found to exist.

Hannibal

Carthaginian Empire

We repectfully second this proposal by Senator Hannibal.

Piracy is a clear and present danger to civilized congress and threatens to completely undermine the efforts of all well meaning sentients to create the economes of scale necessary to support a new renaissance in Galactic Civilization.

Senator Logion

Benthis Collective

On the subject of players and multiple empires...

Proposal:

The Galactic Senate requires member players to ensure all their empires, both public and private, comply with the bylaws of the Senate. Such a requirement prevents a player from publicly endorsing and upholding the tenets of the Senate while privately working contrary these tenets with additional privately held empires. Any player found to be working against the tenets of the Galactic Senate will be ejected from this body immediately and the Senate will decide what punitive action, if any, will be taken against the ejected player.

Hannibal

Carthaginian Empire

We second this proposal by the Right Honorable Senator Hannibal.

One Shell can not house two Benthii at once, nor can only five tenticles remain visible while the other five are hidden lest someone receive daggers in the ink bladder.

Senator Logion

Benthis Collective

“I hereby wish to enjoy the protections and benefits of the Galactic Senate and promise to honor the Bylaws ratified by the Galactic Senate. I remain a sovereign empire, but will honor any duties imposed upon me by the Senate for as long as I choose to remain a member. I also promise to inspire non-members to the high ideals for which the Galactic Senate stands.”

Shrubis Maximus

“I hereby wish to enjoy the protections and benefits of the Galactic Senate and promise to honor the Bylaws ratified by the Galactic Senate. I remain a sovereign empire, but will honor any duties imposed upon me by the Senate for as long as I choose to remain a member. I also promise to inspire non-members to the high ideals for which the Galactic Senate stands.”

Shrubis Maximus

Right Honorable Senator Maximus, please pardon the pun, but it does seem that new beings are climbing out of the "wood-work" to joing our forum. We count this as a good thing.

Senator Logion

4579 B)

=====================================================

GS BILL 061404-01

PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO CHARTER: KURRASIER Multiple Position Amendment to Charter

VOTING Deadline: June 18, 2004 11:59pm MST

2/3 VOTE REQUIRED TO PASS

Each member shall have only one vote, regardless of the number of Empires that join the senate. That is One vote per person, not per empire.

VOTE: Pending

I vote NO on this since I believe this action is unenforceable. I would like to encourage people to join with all their empires and the only way I believe would be to allow each a vote.

GS BILL 061404-02

PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO CHARTER: KURASSIER-ETERNUS Multiple Position Amendment to Charter

DEADLINE to second: June 18, 2004 11:59pm MST

2/3 VOTE REQUIRED TO PASS

In the event a player has more than one empire join the Galactic Senate, he/she may only allow one of the member empires to vote.

Voting requirement change: Every member empire must toggle their privacy option to "No" in order to have effective voting powers. In the event a member empire fails to toggle their privacy option, or it is discovered that the empire is a multiple position run by the same player, all votes by the empire are null and void immediately and retroactively.

Privacy checks shall be conducted by 2 volunteer member players on the turn after admission into the Galactic Senate.

Note: This does not change the Admission process into the Galactic Senate. However, your empire will be subject to privacy and identity verification which can result in nullification or suspension of votes and voting privileges.

In the event a multiple position is found, the most recent empire of the same player will be expelled from the Galactic Senate immediately.

VOTE: PENDING

Again I vote NO for the same reasons as proposal -01.

GS BILL 061404-03

BYLAW PROPOSAL: KRELNETT-ETERNUS "Secretary-Senator" Position

DEADLINE to second: June 18, 2004 11:59pm MST

MAJORITY VOTE REQUIRED

To further the interest of organization and efficiency, a volunteer-Senator may apply for the position of "Secretary-Senator" to keep track of membership lists and voting results. Duties include keeping a list of membership, organizing threads, posting proposed and seconded bylaws with approporaite deadlines and keeping track of voting results. This position will not preclude other member empires from challenging or double-checking such things, however. The charter still controls the validity of all membership and bylaw procedure; the "Secretary-Senator" simply tallies the results.

If passed, all interested Senators may volunteer and we will have a simple majority election for the position if more than one member empire chooses to run for the position. (Please note: Admiral Helianthos Eternus IV does NOT plan on running for this position but won't mind keeping things flowing until we develop a more organized method of doing things )

VOTE: PENDING

I vote Yes on this proposal since I believe it is required for the whole process to work. I am not interested in the position however.

BYLAW PROPOSAL: Encouragement of Commerce through Standardization

General Purpose: To facilitate and regularize commerce, reduce the risks of trade, foster new economic sectors, and promote Galactic Civilization.

Whereas interstellar commerce has lain dormant since the days of the Ancient Ones;

Whereas commerce facilitates peace, understanding, and interdependency between races and thereby leads to greater cultural exchange and common flurishing;

Whereas standardization of commerce hastens its effects and leads to predictable and transparent trade and the maximization of comparative economic advantages;

Whereas standardized commerce will reduce the risks associated with interstellar trade by engendering new mechanisms for risk allocation such as insurance, commercial banking, and the easy calculation of debt resulting from delictual acts or war; and

Where as standarization will allow economic scholars to further study the Galactic economy and thereby discover ever greater methods for maximizing efficiency;

We, the Glactic Senate, hereby request that the Sentient Being known as Ur-Lord Tedric provide Civilization and this Senate with a comprehensive method for calculating exchange rates of different resources and manufactured goods based upon its posited notion of the Galactic Raw Resource Equivalent or GRRE, so that this body might deliborate its merits with a view toward adobting it as the Official Galactic Standard of Exchange.

Senator Logion

Benthis Collective

Deadline for Proposal: June 21, 2004