Rolling Thunder Forums

Galactic Senate Proposal and Charter Requirements

EternusIV

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gjor'haan,

The Witch King Star Seeker gets out his fly swatter and swats the Gjor'haan diplomat. Now that we're safe lets get back to business. Wait I hear that annoying pest noise again. Swat...

Keep watching this channel...

Great battles against the pests...

Swat...

Here's a suggestion that I don't think would require a bylaw. What if we set up a group, say on Yahoo (for example) where we could do our voting, committees etc.? That way we could accomplish the business side of the Senate without too much hassle.

I would suggest however, that all bylaws, decisions, etc. of the Senate be posted for all to see. Even the conversations concerning them could be made public.

This also helps assist the identification, as it would be best to require an email address and the persons real name. IN addition, the topic up for vote could be posted on the forum, so that open discussions with non Senate members could be had as well. Comments? :P

Guest Zy'lar'isa
Here's a suggestion that I don't think would require a bylaw. What if we set up a group, say on Yahoo (for example) where we could do our voting, committees etc.? That way we could accomplish the business side of the Senate without too much hassle.

I would suggest however, that all bylaws, decisions, etc. of the Senate be posted for all to see. Even the conversations concerning them could be made public.

This also helps assist the identification, as it would be best to require an email address and the persons real name. IN addition, the topic up for vote could be posted on the forum, so that open discussions with non Senate members could be had as well. Comments? :D

Oh but this is such delicious chaos!

:P

keith

You go ahead and make a Yahoo group and pass all the bylaws you want. Just don't try to enforce them on non-Senate member empires. As far as I'm concerned, your silly little by-laws only apply to the member empires of the Senate. If you try to enforce them on me, I will shoot you out of the sky.

Sakarissa :P

Kurassier Posted: Jun 17 2004, 05:23 PM 

I was wondering when you'd come in and comment..... 

Inferior races usually make claims to be superior, while the superior races already know it and don't have to proclaim such. 

One of the main reasons our superior race makes these claims is because you inferior races never pay attention. :D

Plus, we just let you think you're superior until its time for us to come and squash you. :P

You go ahead and make a Yahoo group and pass all the bylaws you want. Just don't try to enforce them on non-Senate member empires. As far as I'm concerned, your silly little by-laws only apply to the member empires of the Senate. If you try to enforce them on me, I will shoot you out of the sky.

Sakarissa :P

Sakarissa,

Don't forget, they are pretending.

This is role playing and they are having fun. They are not threatening anyone, they are pretending to make laws and debating and all other things that can be enjoyable (if you like that sort of thing).

Although I personally still think it is dry reading, it is another legitimate way of voicing an opinion about the game that at least does not sound like the bashing as was done in the past on similar issues.

Come on now, you have to admit, it is kinda cute.

This also helps assist the identification, as it would be best to require an email address and the persons real name. IN addition, the topic up for vote could be posted on the forum, so that open discussions with non Senate members could be had as well. Comments? :P

Security and Peaceful Deliberation would be greatly enhanced by relocating the Forum to a different venue. We could publish compilations of debates after they were concluded here. We believe, however, that Russ and Pete could solve this problem by granting us our separate forum space that would be viewable by all, but only the Senators themselves could post.

Senator Logion

You go ahead and make a Yahoo group and pass all the bylaws you want. Just don't try to enforce them on non-Senate member empires. As far as I'm concerned, your silly little by-laws only apply to the member empires of the Senate. If you try to enforce them on me, I will shoot you out of the s

I believe one of the main premises is that this is a voluntary organization, and I, for one, would not impose them on a non-member. :blink:

Just remember that the HBOB is an equal opportunity imbiber, we will deliver to Senate and non-Senate members alike. :blink:

We believe, however, that Russ and Pete could solve this problem by granting us our separate forum space that would be viewable by all, but only the Senators themselves could post.

Excellent suggestion Senator Logion

“I hereby wish to enjoy the protections and benefits of the Galactic Senate and promise to honor the Bylaws ratified by the Galactic Senate. I remain a sovereign empire, but will honor any duties imposed upon me by the Senate for as long as I choose to remain a member. I also promise to inspire non-members to the high ideals for which the Galactic Senate stands.”

Ali-t-akua

The Skyron Confederation #3857

“I hereby wish to enjoy the protections and benefits of the Galactic Senate and promise to honor the Bylaws ratified by the Galactic Senate. I remain a sovereign empire, but will honor any duties imposed upon me by the Senate for as long as I choose to remain a member. I also promise to inspire non-members to the high ideals for which the Galactic Senate stands.”

United Republic of Scanners, Empire #54, President Kasame M'Bete

On behalf of the Boo Consultatum, and after seeing many well respected members of the Galactic Community such as President M'Bete and President Logion join, the Boo have reconsulted on this issue and have arrived at an agreement to join the Galactic Senate. We are aware that many of our Boo, Still Honored One Fethra, among them, are hesitant about this new organization, but my government is hopeful that much good can come of this group.

Honored One Perota

Boo Consulate

“I Honored One Perota of the Boo, on behalf of all those that consult and are consulted, hereby declare that the Boo wish to enjoy the protections and benefits of the Galactic Senate and promise to honor the Bylaws ratified by the Galactic Senate. We remain a sovereign empire, but will honor any duties imposed upon me by the Senate for as long as I choose to remain a member. We also promise to inspire non-members to the high ideals for which the Galactic Senate stands.”

Honored One Perota

Boo Consulate

We are inspired to join a galactic body willing to debate matters of importance...