Rolling Thunder Forums

Galactic Senate Proposal and Charter Requirements

EternusIV

The Consultatum can not legitimately be involved in any enterprise where mockeries of truth and fidelity are so easily tolerated, even if the ideals expressed are noble and most of the races involved are honorable. The Treaties of the Colony are worthless. Beware noble beings and protect yourselves from those who would usurp you.

Boo Consulate

Ah yes the "you can't quit our organization or we will be mad at you forever" argument has resurfaced or was it the "we are mad at you you mean meanie for quitting" argument. Sigh.... and most importantly...YAWN...

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah yes the "you can't quit our organization or we will be mad at you forever" argument has resurfaced or was it the "we are mad at you you mean meanie for quitting" argument. Sigh.... and most importantly...YAWN...

Actually, I've found that if you know the character of a person (or in this case empire) it is fairly easy to deal with them accordingly. Actions do speak louder than words, and I am much more likely to judge an empire based upon their actions. (of course at this juncture, that is hard to do) :cheers:

I don't wish to, nor will I get involved in this ongoing 'discussion' about the 'break up/ejection/removal/leaving or whatever you wish to call it' concerning the GSL. I will just deal with empires as I see fit. B)

Does this mean that since Phasedragon joined the GS, all PA members are bound by the GS ahh...B..ahhhhh I mean laws

No, I would never presume that an empire is speaking for his alliance, unless it is clear that he is doing so. B)

I am thinking of joining, every important organization needs its Loki

Oh goodness no, please do not join. The Galactic Senate is reserved for peaceloving and Trade Federation fostering empires. You are obviously an empire of intrigue. Furthermore, you have been declared a "worm" by our most esteemed Senator, and thus are not to be trusted, for he would never falsely accuse one.

You see, for the Galactic Senate to succeed, we wish to be that beacon of light for goodness and all things white knightish. We seek to protect our Republic from those who would do harm to their neighbours out of sheet greed.

My fellow and future senators, our esteemed order, the self-appointed Galactic Senate, must be very wary and ever-cautious against greed and corruption.

This is why we should elect a strong leader, one who can scare off all of those who wish us harm and force our beacon of light upon their faces.

Therefore, I motion that Queen Mother, of the Colony be elected as our strong leader type. I would also motion that all turn sheets be sent to her upon her request.

-Senator Palpatine

Fellow Galactic Senators-

The following Bills are on the table for a vote. I simply used the date it was seconded followed by the bill number. Nothing official there - just went with Kurassier's suggestion. We can formalize it later if we want.

=====================================================

GS BILL 061404-01

PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO CHARTER: KURRASIER Multiple Position Amendment to Charter

VOTING Deadline: June 18, 2004 11:59pm MST

2/3 VOTE REQUIRED TO PASS

Each member shall have only one vote, regardless of the number of Empires that join the senate. That is One vote per person, not per empire.

VOTE: Pending

GS BILL 061404-02

PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO CHARTER: KURASSIER-ETERNUS Multiple Position Amendment to Charter

DEADLINE to second: June 18, 2004 11:59pm MST

In the event a player has more than one empire join the Galactic Senate, he/she may only allow one of the member empires to vote.

Voting requirement change: Every member empire must toggle their privacy option to "No" in order to have effective voting powers. In the event a member empire fails to toggle their privacy option, or it is discovered that the empire is a multiple position run by the same player, all votes by the empire are null and void immediately and retroactively.

Privacy checks shall be conducted by 2 volunteer member players on the turn after admission into the Galactic Senate.

Note: This does not change the Admission process into the Galactic Senate. However, your empire will be subject to privacy and identity verification which can result in nullification or suspension of votes and voting privileges.

In the event a multiple position is found, the most recent empire of the same player will be expelled from the Galactic Senate immediately.

VOTE: PENDING

GS BILL 061404-03

BYLAW PROPOSAL: KRELNETT-ETERNUS "Secretary-Senator" Position

MAJORITY VOTE REQUIRED

To further the interest of organization and efficiency, a volunteer-Senator may apply for the position of "Secretary-Senator" to keep track of membership lists and voting results. Duties include keeping a list of membership, organizing threads, posting proposed and seconded bylaws with approporaite deadlines and keeping track of voting results. This position will not preclude other member empires from challenging or double-checking such things, however. The charter still controls the validity of all membership and bylaw procedure; the "Secretary-Senator" simply tallies the results.

If passed, all interested Senators may volunteer and we will have a simple majority election for the position if more than one member empire chooses to run for the position. (Please note: Admiral Helianthos Eternus IV does NOT plan on running for this position but won't mind keeping things flowing until we develop a more organized method of doing things )

VOTE: PENDING

At this time, the following inaugural 12 Senator-Members are eligible to vote:

===================================

Admiral Helianthos Eternus IV

The Everlasting Spawn, 1728

Clan Eldress Sha'thar

The Gosht Kohr, 2296

Honored One Daz

Zendo Mar Hierarchy, 500

Honored One Krelnett of Kraan

Zraaknod Brotherhood, Empire 2084

Witch King Star Seeker

Lostworlds, 1290

Queen Zy'lar'isa

The Nest of Zylaria, 4933

Alcorn the Honored One

Sabeli Ecok, Empire 2996

Lolthar Darksky

Shadowlords Of Lolth, #4851

Queen Mother

The Colony, #2516

President Ka-Thon-Ak

Apshai #3343

Hannibal

Carthaginian Empire, #82

President Logion

The Benthis Collective, #4579

====================================

GS BILL 061404-01

PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO CHARTER: KURRASIER Multiple Position Amendment to Charter

VOTING Deadline: June 18, 2004 11:59pm MST

Each member shall have only one vote, regardless of the number of Empires that join the senate. That is One vote per person, not per empire.

I vote 'yes' in favor of GS BILL 061404-01.

Hannibal

Carthaginian Empire

GS BILL 061404-02

PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO CHARTER: KURASSIER-ETERNUS Multiple Position Amendment to Charter

In the event a player has more than one empire join the Galactic Senate, he/she may only allow one of the member empires to vote.

Voting requirement change: Every member empire must toggle their privacy option to "No" in order to have effective voting powers. In the event a member empire fails to toggle their privacy option, or it is discovered that the empire is a multiple position run by the same player, all votes by the empire are null and void immediately and retroactively.

Privacy checks shall be conducted by 2 volunteer member players on the turn after admission into the Galactic Senate.

Note: This does not change the Admission process into the Galactic Senate. However, your empire will be subject to privacy and identity verification which can result in nullification or suspension of votes and voting privileges.

In the event a multiple position is found, the most recent empire of the same player will be expelled from the Galactic Senate immediately.

I vote 'yes' on GS BILL 061404-02

Hannibal

Carthaginian Empire

GS BILL 061404-03

BYLAW PROPOSAL: KRELNETT-ETERNUS "Secretary-Senator" Position

MAJORITY VOTE REQUIRED

To further the interest of organization and efficiency, a volunteer-Senator may apply for the position of "Secretary-Senator" to keep track of membership lists and voting results. Duties include keeping a list of membership, organizing threads, posting proposed and seconded bylaws with approporaite deadlines and keeping track of voting results. This position will not preclude other member empires from challenging or double-checking such things, however. The charter still controls the validity of all membership and bylaw procedure; the "Secretary-Senator" simply tallies the results.

If passed, all interested Senators may volunteer and we will have a simple majority election for the position if more than one member empire chooses to run for the position. (Please note: Admiral Helianthos Eternus IV does NOT plan on running for this position but won't mind keeping things flowing until we develop a more organized method of doing things )

I vote 'yes' on GS BILL 061404-03

Hannibal

Carthaginian Empire