Rolling Thunder Forums

Galactic Senate Proposal and Charter Requirements

EternusIV

BYLAW PROPOSAL: Encouragement of Commerce through Standardization

We, the Glactic Senate, hereby request that the Sentient Being known as Ur-Lord Tedric provide Civilization and this Senate with a comprehensive method for calculating exchange rates of different resources and manufactured goods based upon its posited notion of the Galactic Raw Resource Equivalent or GRRE, so that this body might deliborate its merits with a view toward adobting it as the Official Galactic Standard of Exchange.

Senator Logion

Benthis Collective

Deadline for Proposal: June 21, 2004

<_<

Well, thought I'd start a thread before even seeing this most flattering request....

I'll refine and explain as much as anyone wishes - please post any questions, queries and points to that thread and we'll see where it leads.....

And thanks, it's something we've wanted to pursue in the game, let alone making rich pickings for pirates as a side show :oops: Gives that further dimension...

We shall certainly instruct our Chief Trader to make himself available on request....

Ur-Lord Tedric and his merry men.... ;)

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Senators-

A response to Senator Darksky's concern about GS BILLs 061404-01 and 02.

There are two issues in Bill 02: 1) should a player allow multiple positions into the Senate? and 2) enforcement and verification of membership qualification

While it is true that complete emforcement of membership qualification is impossible, I believe that some protection is better than none. Sadly, there are folks who would stoop so low as to invent bogus empires to distort the voting process; either to further their own aims through the Senate or to subvert it out of simple hatred and the childish joys of mischief destruction.

It appears that neither Bill will pass and we are vulnerable to a loophole, that in my view, must be closed sooner than later.

Perhaps a compromise might involve allowing players to include multiple positions but to require EVERY member of the Senate to turn their privacy option OFF.

If we cannot verify the legitamacy of an empire, how can we recognize their voice on future issues that might carry significant import upon the preservation of the values of the Galactic Charter? At present, we protect the potentially nefarious privacy of the very empires that can easily usurp our best intentions as a voting body.

I would be happy to hear more detailed views from fellow Senators on this issue.

Lastly, I would like to address Turok, who conveniently debuts to denounce the goals of this honorable Senate. Do not mistake the efforts of some empires to foster peace, with weakness.

Peace, and strength, are hardly mutually exclusive terms.

In fact, you will need more than angry intentions and threatening words to accomplish the demise of any "do-gooder" Senate Member-Empire listed thus far....especially once the Senate has teeth of its own. <_<

Sincerely,

Senator-Admiral Helianthos Eternus IV

BTW: I'm posting the new proposals for second session in a separate thread.

Sha'thar leans down to speak, quietly, to Senator Krelnett via translator.

"We realize that, to some, the ways of the hunting sisters of the Gosht Kohr may seem barbaric. At times we find great pleasure in disgarding the trappings of modernity and hunting as our ancestors did, with claw and fang. More importantly, this activity keeps us grounded and aware of who we are, and where we came from.

While we are fierce, however, we also value family, and peace. For peace allows for the rearing of cubs and the sharing of old tales of hunts long ago. There are times that the best fire to have in one's soul is the fire of hearth and home.

We realize now, through the long-distance sharing of ideas between races and species that ours is not the Only Way, though it is Our Way. The Galactic Senate allows we, the huntresses of the Gosht Kohr, to plan, and direct the hunting insticts which burns each of us.

We support the idea of the Senate because we also support the concepts of Pride and Kin. And as we fight to protect Pride and Kin, so will we fight to protect other members of the Senate who prove that they believe in this also. We shall fight for you, should a time come that you require aid, although your people are undoubtably great hunters on your world?"

Senator Sha'thar of the Gosht Kohr-

Though we be an underwater resilient, small, prolific, highly adaptive and regenerative weed race, we warmly appreciate your warrior-heart and pensive presence in the Senate.

Indeed, should a time come that you require aid, we will uphold our duties as though we were Pride and Kin of the same Maker.

We look forward to your continued efforts to bring military unity to the Senate and pray we never need to use it.

Cordially,

Admiral Helianthos Eternus IV

Queen Mother sends here greetings and attempts at communication. Our means of communication are being interrupted with possible hostile action from several empires in the neighborhood.

GS 061404-01 - Yes

GS061404-02 Yes

GS061404-03 - Yes

We respectfully request that each proposal be its own thread since communications are difficult.

I, Gjor'haan, called as a disciple of Gjo'jaol, Darkness of Darkness, and Shor'ha, his servant; to The Fledgling Galactic Senate and to the Collectors, to those that have been sanctified in Darkness, disciples by calling, with all who in every place call upon Gjo'jaol for strength, yield the following:

We decline the Senate, and any pseudo or anti rhetoric that will undoubtedly follow. Our politics are simpler than yours: all those who deny Gjo’jaol’s salvation are condemned.

Behold yet another unsolicited prophecy and Supreme ‘Observation.‘

The Cauldron of non-believers still stews with blood, but now with a greener shade. I also foresaw that the Snake-Dog of Kob'rja would seek a new host, and in its meddling has severed an ancient trust. Blood cannot be covered with sugar.

I won’t linger here and exercise my lungs much further: a select few of you have me bested in that regard. We have the meddlesome Collectors to collect. Reckoning is at hand…a hundred-thousand motes will cloud the home sun and thunder will steal your children into the void. Seek me, Collector? Look within. I will fill your ineptitude with the glory of Gjo’jaol!

I, Gjor'haan, called as a disciple of Gjo'jaol, Darkness of Darkness, and Shor'ha, his servant; to The Fledgling Galactic Senate and to the Collectors, to those that have been sanctified in Darkness, disciples by calling, with all who in every place call upon Gjo'jaol for strength, yield the following:

We decline the Senate, and any pseudo or anti rhetoric that will undoubtedly follow. Our politics are simpler than yours: all those who deny Gjo’jaol’s salvation are condemned.

Behold yet another unsolicited prophecy and Supreme ‘Observation.‘

The Cauldron of non-believers still stews with blood, but now with a greener shade. I also foresaw that the Snake-Dog of Kob'rja would seek a new host, and in its meddling has severed an ancient trust. Blood cannot be covered with sugar.

I won’t linger here and exercise my lungs much further: a select few of you have me bested in that regard. We have the meddlesome Collectors to collect. Reckoning is at hand…a hundred-thousand motes will cloud the home sun and thunder will steal your children into the void. Seek me, Collector? Look within. I will fill your ineptitude with the glory of Gjo’jaol!

Gjor'haan

Does your scripture come with red letter concordance?

Boo Consulate

I was wondering when you'd come in and comment..... :cheers:

Inferior races usually make claims to be superior, while the superior races already know it and don't have to proclaim such. :cheers:

See you out there! :P

That is way too funny, Boo.

The King James Version of Gjor'haan perhaps? :lol:

I imagine we might see one buried in the nightstands of every single galactic hotel room before too long. :P

:thumbsup: (Thanks Norm for mocking me through one of my favorite scenes of all time :cheers:)

Where's the roleplayin spirit?

Just trying to have some fun.  :lol:

Figured it would be a fun platform to do a little roleplaying.  No kings or chancellors.  One empire- one vote....not "my" alliance or anything.  The senate could be as open ended as the game.  Get HBOB to cater...maybe give the PA something to rally against, join (or usurp) :cheers:

Ah well, I thought it could be fun.  Give us something else to do....especially new empires that have a long stretch of empire building ahead of them.

The Admiral patiently awaits those who share a vision of galactic order through  equal representation: it seems that much of the unvierse still has designs to the contrary  :ph34r:

:P

Then use your tape recorder so you can listen to your self all day!

Norm, even this weed would have a hard time listening to his own drivel.