Rolling Thunder Forums

More Newby Questions

ali-t-akua

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I have thrown some info together in a basic Wiki to get things started.

http://supernovarote.wikispaces.com/

At the moment, I am the only one who can edit it. I can open it up to everyone or to specific people. To avoid vandals, I will only let specific people edit it. So, if anyone wants to make changes or additions, send me your e-mail address and I will add you.

This is great. :( It would be nice if this had a link from the SNROTE site though.

Thanks. I've found Wikispaces to be quite useful, though the formatting can go a bit wonky sometimes.

If anyone else wants to add info, let me know so I can add you as a member. It doesn't have to be rules related - list of empires or systems, info on alliances, or any other game-related matters.

Not bad. Personally I use the compilation of RTG board facts that Eternus put together which is also found on this board. I really like the global nature of the Wiki though.

Could you get me a link to this post? It sounds quite educational.

Of course if the key elemenst of the letter were merged into the Wiki then all data would be som much more accesible for eternity. Eternus's letter is now just a distannt memory of a few verterans who read it shortly after posting. New readers such as myself know nothing of its existence.

• 2 weeks later...

I just tried to establish my first colony and failed when I issued the COLB order. The results were:

================================================================================

=========================================

-----COLB (Colonial Beacon)-----

COLB: 1006

** Fleet cargomasters report that they cannot locate any Colony Beacons with which to establish a new Population Group

================================================================================

=========================================

My ship in Fleet 1006 was built with a Colony Beacon......what gives here?????? I do not see a Colony Beacon in its cargo but I assumes it was a pice of equipment that was part of the ship and not in cargo much like a Mk 1 missle or such.

Ummm....the colony beacon needs to be in cargo . If you build a design with a cargo beacon in it , the colony beacon cannot be deployed . Sorry.....build a ship with at least 1000 cargo bays and then when the ship is finished , you can load a cargo beacon with the LC order .

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

after a long term period I've came up with a newby questions again..... :cannon:

INST: Linear Accelerator

Linear Accelerator: Linear Accelerators are used for advanced high energy physics experiements, and are best

constructed on geologically stable worlds with low radiation counts so as to preserve the

accuracy of the scientific work conducted therein.

Does that mean that any Linear Accelerator build on my homeworld will have an positive effect to my research centers?

Thanks in advance for your help!