Rolling Thunder Forums

More Newby Questions

ali-t-akua

Stupid question from someone who's been around long enough to know better (but I've never had to do it before):

What's the easiest way to insert orders into an existing convoy? I'm guessing if I CNVR, type in the new orders, and CNVR again, they'll be appended to the existing list? Then I could ECNV to get them where I want them. But I don't actually know that CNVR will append. It could overwrite. Help?

Yep, that's right. New orders are added to the end and then you ECNV to put them in the right place.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I reading this right? :( Or was something cutout at the RTD page break? B)

Black Market Goods - 2 Pharmaceuticals /1 Rare Herbs & Spices.

Pharmaceuticals - 3 Rare Herbs & Spices. :thumbsup:

If so, am I the only one who finds this redundant? :unsure:

There are also lots of items that you use Electronics and Synthetic Materials to build so it may seem redundant but is probably planned.

Am I reading this right? :unsure: Or was something cutout at the RTD page break? B)

Black Market Goods - 2 Pharmaceuticals /1 Rare Herbs & Spices.

Pharmaceuticals - 3 Rare Herbs & Spices. :thumbsup:

If so, am I the only one who finds this redundant? :o

There are a lot of items that have that kind of "redundancy", such as items that require Electronics (made from Synthetic Materials and Refined Crystals) and Synthetic Materials, and a lot of Ground Troops require Weapons (made from Iron and Light Metals) and Steel (made from Iron). However, the point - or purpose? - is that Black Market Goods require two levels of Manufacturing while Pharmaceuticals only requires one.

YMMV,

-SK :(

I completely understand the two levels of production and how they interact with the developement of horizon techs. What I found strange was that each of these 2 levels required the same raw material.

Since it came at the of a page, I thought perhaps this was a mis-print of some sort. :thumbsup:

I should think that Black Market Goods would require something like Precious metals, Gemstones, Weapons,

Texiles, etc, to go along with the rare herbs. :(

Oh, yes, and some of the Brewmasters Best to smooth the deal! B)

My thanks to both for the input.

Well, you can take the simple uncomplicated route... controlled drugs (Pharmacueticals) and "wild wood weed" (Rare Herbs and Spices)

Or you can over think it as much as you like and add... bootleg electronics (Electronics) bootleg media (Consumer Goods) bootleg fashions (Fabrics) high-end items evading luxury taxes (Luxury Goods, Gemstones, Precious Metals) illegal aliens (Colonists) fenced goods from thefts of museums and archeological digs (Primitive Artworks) illegal arms (Weapons) worse illegal arms (Processed Radioactives) consumption of endangered species (Meat) quarantined biologicals (Grains, Fruits & Vegetables) and really cool stuff that is fun to watch being consumed at home but endangers the planet (ICE or Coal).

One vote here for simplicity

TErnest

Black Market Goods are more along the line of Drugs (illegal and mostly illegal one) :thumbsup:

We prefer the term Designer Recreational Pharmaceuticals. B)

-SK :unsure:

Well, you can take the simple uncomplicated route... controlled drugs (Pharmacueticals) and "wild wood weed" (Rare Herbs and Spices)

Or you can over think it as much as you like and add... bootleg electronics (Electronics) bootleg media (Consumer Goods) bootleg fashions (Fabrics) high-end items evading luxury taxes (Luxury Goods, Gemstones, Precious Metals) illegal aliens (Colonists) fenced goods from thefts of museums and archeological digs (Primitive Artworks) illegal arms (Weapons) worse illegal arms (Processed Radioactives) consumption of endangered species (Meat) quarantined biologicals (Grains, Fruits & Vegetables) and really cool stuff that is fun to watch being consumed at home but endangers the planet (ICE or Coal).

TErnest

I second that last part - another vote for simplicity. :(

-SK :o

TErnest

and if you don't have some of these items, or if you just need more of them, feel free to stop at your local StarBars as there is bound to be someone there who has what you need! B)