Rolling Thunder Forums

More Newby Questions

ali-t-akua

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With other stuff they help with Exploration - you can find some by exploration. if lucky, long before you've researched all the way through light/medium/heavy drones/FPS-1 Fleet Patrol Sensor. All of these are also early prerequisites for Flag Bridge tech too (along with a bucket load of other prerequisites) so it's not a deadend line of research. Just takes time.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

One Way warp points???

One more time with this question. I have discovered both ends of a warp point and they are a matched pair leading to each other. Do I need to test it by warping throung in the newly discovered direction to insure it is not a one way warp point?

Or does the fact that both ends of the warp point match and lead to each ther insure I can go in either direction to both warp points?

One Way warp points???

One more time with this question. I have discovered both ends of a warp point and they are a matched pair leading to each other. Do I need to test it by warping throung in the newly discovered direction to insure it is not a one way warp point?

Or does the fact that both ends of the warp point match and lead to each ther insure I can go in either direction to both warp points

What you have found is a 2-way Warppoint. No need to do a jump back. If that WP would not have lead back to the WP you came from, it would be a one-way.

Point of clarification.

Every WP is in fact a one way WP. There is no such thing as a two way WP.

However, most of the WP's have a return WP which is also a one way WP.

Occasionally there isn't a return WP present and this is what gives you a one way route.

While all the above is true, we commonly refer to one way routes as one way WP's. This is not technically correct but everybody knows what you mean by it.

FYI -

The universe contains systems that only have a single WP out with no return WP's. Or you can have a single WP out and a different single one way WP in. Higher level WP's more likely to be one way routes, ie no return WP. I don't recall any type A or B WP's being one way routes and few type C's.

• 2 weeks later...
Just encountered this for the first time, is there a way to delete a complete convoy route, not only single convoy orders ?

I don't believe so. If you don't like a convoy route any more, just ignore it.

Hi Guys,

I believe the trick on that is just to use the ECNV order with a "CLEAR ALL" in the Priority # variable slot

ECNV, [Convoy Route Name], CLEAR ALL, 0

Russ

Just encountered this for the first time, is there a way to delete a complete convoy route, not only single convoy orders ?

Hi Guys,

I believe the trick on that is just to use the ECNV order with a "CLEAR ALL" in the Priority # variable slot

Russ

Thanks for that. I must give it a try some time.

Hi Guys,

Russ

Thanks for that. I must give it a try some time.

Just wait for the next turn cycle, then we know. The Imperial Palace Software takes the order.