Rolling Thunder Forums

More Newby Questions

ali-t-akua

Hi guys,

after a long term period I've came up with a newby questions again..... :cannon:

INST: Linear Accelerator

Linear Accelerator: Linear Accelerators are used for advanced high energy physics experiements, and are best

constructed on geologically stable worlds with low radiation counts so as to preserve the

accuracy of the scientific work conducted therein.

Does that mean that any Linear Accelerator build on my homeworld will have an positive effect to my research centers?

Thanks in advance for your help!

It will increase the chance of your scientists getting a minor breakthrough.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Hello Universe!

I've got a question that I hope somebody out there can help me with. I believe that I have enough points saved up from research to modify my lifeform. :angry2: Any thoughts on how to do that? I was thinking that it would involve sending in a new lifeform setup sheet, but any input would be welcome.

Hello Universe!

I've got a question that I hope somebody out there can help me with. I believe that I have enough points saved up from research to modify my lifeform. :angry2: Any thoughts on how to do that? I was thinking that it would involve sending in a new lifeform setup sheet, but any input would be welcome.

No , no new setup sheet . Hopefully you saved your original lifeform set up , and then simply look at your lifeform design documents , pick something from there that you want to make better , like for instance you could raise the sensory level of your lifeform for 230 points , or if you just got the first species engineering with 125 points , you could save it for species engineering II which will give you 250 design points , and then raise something different that is more expensive ( since you will have 375 points to use if you save the 125 from eng I and the 250 from eng II ) . Once you have made your decision , shoot Pete an email and tell him what you want to raise....simple as that .

Oh yeah...if you did not save your original design for your lifeform , again simply shoot Pete an email , and he will give that info to you where you stand with your current design . But it could take Pete a couple of days to get back to you with that info . Species engineering is great , all I can say .

• 2 months later...

I have just note the rather obvious issue that their are two types of Science facilities! We have the Science Outpost, Lab, Center, Institute, etc... and we have the Imperial Science Outpost, Lab, Center, Institute, etc.... Will building BOTH types of the Science facilites in my star system double the improvements I am hoping for in geting new Scientists for my empire?

I have just note the rather obvious issue that their are two types of Science facilities! We have the Science Outpost, Lab, Center, Institute, etc... and we have the Imperial Science Outpost, Lab, Center, Institute, etc.... Will building BOTH types of the Science facilites in my star system double the improvements I am hoping for in geting new Scientists for my empire?

Well, no hard data is available, but Pete said in the dawn of the game, that it was useless to build more than one of each facility.

From that I deduced, that it made sense to build the Imperial and the non-Imperial variants.

As the investment is not so harsh, just build the 5 additional installations to make sure, you do not loose something.

But the influx of new scientists is more governed by Administaration Centers (to a lesser degree) and by your Imperial Government, secondary and Tradition.

I have my first convoy route up and runnign. everything is going great but....... Now I want to add a Load Ship order for some cargo I forgot to put in the Convoy Route. How can I edit the Cargo Route to add one line like

15 LC 9999999 Coal 999999999 ????

I have my first convoy route up and runnign. everything is going great but....... Now I want to add a Load Ship order for some cargo I forgot to put in the Convoy Route. How can I edit the Cargo Route to add one line like

15 LC 9999999 Coal 999999999 ????

Yes, 1. do a CNVR with the name of the route 2. add commands 3. do a CNVR with the name of the route 4. do ECNV (or something like that name) to change the new automatically given priorities to the ones you want. The new commands get first added at the end of your current route with the typical numbering by 10 part. With the ECNV you can also delete priotities by assigning them the new order of 0

• 2 months later...

How do you go about transferring items to another empire? Is there a certain diplomatic level required? Do you just have your ship drop them off at the pop group, or do you have to use a transfer center? Also are you able to stop by an allies pop center and pickup cargo using the LC command, or does it have to be first transferred to your pop group before you can load it?

You can OC cargo into any Pop Group as long as you have the Pop Group number.

You can only LC from your Pop Groups. If the other empire wanted you to have something they would need to get it to one of your Pop Groups first and then you could LC it.

Sakarissa ;)

The Circle

Also, you can TR from one of your pop groups to another empire's pop group on the same planet (if you have the ID # of course). I believe it's different with Universal Gates though - you have to own both ends.

• 1 month later...