Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 84

Glamdring

Let me get this straight. I am fighting Syria, who long after he has lost all his key cities, fights on to cause me trouble,

Thank You, I think.... :(

You are welcome, and it is a compliment. I love a guy that makes you kill him, rather than just quit when something goes wrong, like a whole lot of folks do in this game. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of thinking you were dead, rather than put a bullet in your head, and you came back and bit me. If I had gone ahead and finished the job, it would of been better.

Anytime you need an ally, and I am around, let me know.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are welcome, and it is a compliment. I love a guy that makes you kill him, rather than just quit when something goes wrong, like a whole lot of folks do in this game. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of thinking you were dead, rather than put a bullet in your head, and you came back and bit me. If I had gone ahead and finished the job, it would of been better.

Anytime you need an ally, and I am around, let me know.

Howdy Mr. X and lots of friends,

I see you invited another friend to the fight; this may be some type of record, one country (Egypt) holding off (mostly) four countries (Turkey, Iraq, Persia, UAE).

You have seriously marshalled your forces and allies and are conducting some very impressive attacks on me and mine; I feel the love, really I do. As Job said to God after God told him He would not give him more than he could handle. Job said, "I wish God did not have so much faith in me"

The war is not over yet, maybe I can kill 20 divisions this turn?

Thank you for the compliment, I see it as the best one I can earn and wouuld look forward to fighing with you for awhile. It isn't too late, you can drop your other TA's and we could take over the world.

Zarkon (King of lesser parts of Syria and entertaining unwelcome visitors in my country.

PS. You folks have a lot of bombers and a nice amount of ships. Question to Persia, do you really want to lose all of your ships in one turn? Turn back, save your money.

Howdy Mr. X and lots of friends,

I see you invited another friend to the fight; this may be some type of record, one country (Egypt) holding off (mostly) four countries (Turkey, Iraq, Persia, UAE).

PS. You folks have a lot of bombers and a nice amount of ships. Question to Persia, do you really want to lose all of your ships in one turn? Turn back, save your money.

No I really do not want to lose all my ships and I thank you for the kind warning so I have time to witdraw them, I really told the Naval officers to head to the Caspian and I'm sure they just took a wrong turn I'll see about having them replaced and try and find a route back North. Thanks again.

Stop the poor me routine. We have Greece and Tunisia hitting me in the west, SR ignoring Persian, Baltic States and Iraq all attacking him to hit my air base, and Libya moving east through ceded provinces to take a hand. Looks like 4 for us and 5 for you, not that big a disadvantage.

Mr. X,

Kudos, you are doing your homework, a future alliance is looking better and better.

I just need to survive for 4 - 5 more turns to make this a better fight.

15 Divisions and a BG lost, that had to hurt a little.

Your turn Sir.

Zarkon

Stop the poor me routine. We have Greece and Tunisia hitting me in the west, SR ignoring Persian, Baltic States and Iraq all attacking him to hit my air base, and Libya moving east through ceded provinces to take a hand. Looks like 4 for us and 5 for you, not that big a disadvantage.

Mr. X,

My apologies. I was thunderstruck!! "We are in Turkey!?" I thought. Checked with the defense minister. Our annual joint military manuevers with Egypt were to be held in Ismaillia. He didn't have his glasses on and read it to be Elmali. Our bad.

As far as the current strengths of our alliances I look at it based on economies.

For your alliance

*One each for Persia, Iraq, Turkey, UAE=4

*.33 for Persia's control of South Russia assets=.33

*.33 for Iraq's control of Trans-Jordan assets=.33

*One for Turkey's and Iraq's control of Syria's assets=1

*One for Iraq's and UAE's control of Saudi Arabia's assets=1

A total of 6.66. Ohhhhhhhhhhh!! Your alliance is the Axis of Evil LOL

For our alliance

*One each for Tunisia, Libya, Egypt=3

*.5 for Greece (he's fighting a land war in the Balkans also)=.5

*One for Tunisia's and Libya's control of Algeria=1

*.66 for Egypt's control of Trans-Jordan assets=.66

*.1 for South Russia (there isn't much left, but she's gonna pull a "werewolf" on all your behinds)=.1

A total of 5.26 We are the underdogs and hence the forces of Goodness and Light. :joker:

Your mileage may vary. :(

Regards

• 3 weeks later...

Mr. X,

My apologies. I was thunderstruck!! "We are in Turkey!?" I thought. Checked with the defense minister. Our annual joint military manuevers with Egypt were to be held in Ismaillia. He didn't have his glasses on and read it to be Elmali. Our bad.

As far as the current strengths of our alliances I look at it based on economies.

For your alliance

For our alliance

*.1 for South Russia (there isn't much left, but she's gonna pull a "werewolf" on all your behinds)=.1

A total of 5.26 We are the underdogs and hence the forces of Goodness and Light. :oops:

Your mileage may vary. :thumbsup:

Regards

Your math is a bit fuzzy, I think

How did Greece lose half of his country? News to me. Do you think controlling Syria is as important as controlling Algeria? I don't. You also left out Bulgaria, who has been at war with me a long time, and do not take into account the losses. I have been fighting a 3 front war basically since game start. We plan on giving you a good spanking though, so you do have that part right.

For those who are interested, here is my unofficial scoring as of TP 26:

Baltic States +14

Sweden +13

Czechoslovakia +9

Northern Russia +7

Canada +7

Iraq +5

Tunisia +5

Turkey +5

Switzerland +5

UAE +5

Bulgaria +3

Egypt +3

Iceland +3

Persia +2

Hungary +1

Ireland +1

Given that the top 4 are a TA block...things appear pretty lopsided in my view.

Baltic States +14

Sweden +13

Czechoslovakia +9

Northern Russia +7

Canada +7

Iraq +5

Tunisia +5

Turkey +5

Switzerland +5

UAE +5

Bulgaria +3

Egypt +3

Iceland +3

Persia +2

Hungary +1

Ireland +1

Is anybody fighting them? Seems to me, they have a lot of computer opponents. Why don't I see Libya on that list?

Mr. X,

For your alliance

For our alliance

A total of 5.26 We are the underdogs and hence the forces of Goodness and Light. :thumbsup:

Your mileage may vary. :thumbsup:

Regards

Your math is a bit fuzzy, I think

How did Greece lose half of his country? News to me. Do you think controlling Syria is as important as controlling Algeria? I don't. You also left out Bulgaria, who has been at war with me a long time, and do not take into account the losses. I have been fighting a 3 front war basically since game start. We plan on giving you a good spanking though, so you do have that part right.

Mr. X

My post was an entirely off the cuff and tongue in cheek evaluation of the relative strengths of our alliances. Greece was "evaluated" at .5 because he is fighting a war in the Balkans and I would surmise that consumes probably half of his economy which is how I was basing my comparisons of our alliances. And your alliance's total coming out to 6.66 was entirely coincidental. Or perhaps a "higher power" was guiding my calculations? :ranting:

Regards,

SgtBalicki

Grand Mufti of Tunisia

Baltic States +14

Sweden +13

Czechoslovakia +9

Northern Russia +7

Canada +7

Iraq +5

Tunisia +5

Turkey +5

Switzerland +5

UAE +5

Bulgaria +3

Egypt +3

Iceland +3

Persia +2

Hungary +1

Ireland +1

Is anybody fighting them? Seems to me, they have a lot of computer opponents. Why don't I see Libya on that list?

Apparently, only my alliance (Ireland/Iceland/Portugal/Lowlands/Morocco) is fighting them.

After Baltic States gained a headstart by stacking the deck (note the fact that Central and Poland did nothing from day one), everyone else just chose to bend over and let Baltic States and his allies have their way with them. . . . . . This is particulary true for Denmark and Germany, who got pissed because Lowlands wouldn't roll over for them and decided to quit and hand their nations over to Baltic States and Sweden. Tom the Red probably still can't sit down without one of those pillows shaped like a dougnut.

At this point, short of all of us forming a consortium and working together to try to stop them, I see no way overcome the lead they have build up. My guess is that there is little hope, because all previous attempts to organize a coalition have failed.

Nevertheless, Portugal is still standing and intends to stay in it to the end.

Deatwalker

Portu-84

Baltic States +14

Sweden +13

Czechoslovakia +9

Northern Russia +7

Canada +7

Iraq +5

Tunisia +5

Turkey +5

Switzerland +5

UAE +5

Bulgaria +3

Egypt +3

Iceland +3

Persia +2

Hungary +1

Ireland +1

Sorry....I appear to have accidentally omitted Libya....he is +5

Harbinger of Death

Ireland 84

Baltic States +14

Sweden +13

Czechoslovakia +9

Northern Russia +7

Canada +7

Iraq +5

Tunisia +5

Turkey +5

Switzerland +5

UAE +5

Bulgaria +3

Egypt +3

Iceland +3

Persia +2

Hungary +1

Ireland +1

Harbinger of Death

Ireland 84

Distorting things again, but that's what your team does isn't it? A check of my TA's will show this is another lie but hey what's one more drop of water in the ocean, right?

Anyone chosing to work with these guys had better be very careful, they play tag team diplomacy and then claim they have no knowledge af what each other say even though they are all three brothers (Lowlands, Portugal and Ireland). Of course, they also have claimed that Lowlands is just a proxy state being used to attack Canada (who they privately accuse of cheating, and were formerly trying to raise the Jihad against), so draw your own conclusions about such usage of a country to gain advantage.

Perhaps someone will make their game for them, because they appear incapable of making it for themselves. LOL, Hey Canada, want some help with these guys? They have been trashing you privately too, so maybe we should be talking.

Race Pilsner

Race Pilsner

Baltic States +14

Sweden +13

Czechoslovakia +9

Northern Russia +7

Canada +7

Iraq +5

Tunisia +5

Turkey +5

Switzerland +5

UAE +5

Bulgaria +3

Egypt +3

Iceland +3

Persia +2

Hungary +1

Ireland +1

Harbinger of Death

Ireland 84

Distorting things again, but that's what your team does isn't it? A check of my TA's will show this is another lie but hey what's one more drop of water in the ocean, right?

Anyone chosing to work with these guys had better be very careful, they play tag team diplomacy and then claim they have no knowledge af what each other say even though they are all three brothers (Lowlands, Portugal and Ireland). Of course, they also have claimed that Lowlands is just a proxy state being used to attack Canada (who they privately accuse of cheating, and were formerly trying to raise the Jihad against), so draw your own conclusions about such usage of a country to gain advantage.

Perhaps someone will make their game for them, because they appear incapable of making it for themselves. LOL, Hey Canada, want some help with these guys? They have been trashing you privately too, so maybe we should be talking.

Race Pilsner

Race Pilsner

Players do not have to be formal TA to be working together. . . . .

I love how you accuse us of back-room diplomacy. You have been doing the same for the entire game, so it is simply tit-for-tat.

Tell you what. . . . We'll see if you can knock us out of the game. You seem to do fine when you are taking over dropped positions, or positions "controlled" by cohorts that are not really playing. Let's see what you can do against a dedicated adversary.

You're all talk Race. . . . .

Deathwalker

Portu-84