Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 84

Glamdring

Grats Doc, well deserved Kudos to you for turning the Finns back! Czech and Egypt also on your great starts. I must work harder!

Race Pilsner

Couldn't have done it without a little help from my friends. Baltics and Northern Russia definately helped even the odds. That and the luck I had in Finland taking so long to break that NAP. I would have been in deep doo doo if Finland, Norway and Denmark had all attacked on turn 3.

Now that I survived to be number one, does that make me a target for everyone still in this game? Yikes!

Doctor Strangemind

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doctor, I also subtracted one point for each turn that the World Events showed an enemy holding one of your cities, so the numbers should be pretty accurate.

Marklen, yes, it does not account for losses, but this is the best I could do with just the World Events to work with. It would be nice if RTG could put something together. I used to love reading the newsletter battle reports in the old Supernova, but they must have been time consuming to write. As for Egypt ranking higher than he should based on losses, that may be true. On the other hand the fields of Greece are littered with the corpses of the Turkish dead and Greek forces will soon be able to walk across the Aegean by stepping on the ruins of your navy <_<

Sponge, the point is not winning, the point is fighting to the last man. If you are fighting a larger foe then the glory of the kill is even greater.

Yes, we lost plenty of brave troops in Europe, though I seem to recall a lot of dead Greeks too. My point had little to do with me, however. I think your rating system is as good as can be done based on the limited info we have, and want to say again good job. I think it will require a small adjustment very soon, however.

• 2 weeks later...
Zarkon, glad to see you are still around. I am gonna miss you when you are gone.

Mr X(it),

Ohhhhh....such nice words.....ohhhh. Well I miss you already Mr.X, in game 79 though. Or is it your planned tactic not to attack anymore, or give any other sign of...life.

Could you please explain your comment on the bottom of your messages: VIC79, work in progress. What work and what progress we are talking about here. Well I, we, don't mind.

Question: what about our bet, still on?? :thumbsup:

See you later.

Greetings Rednas Ruler of Gretaer France VIC79. I reply on this game because all other players of this game...well are not longer interested it seems.

• 2 weeks later...
What is your problem Sander? Did your mommy not give you enough attention when you were growing up? Sheesh, we all know you are going to win game 79, it is not a life changing event, trust me. I don't mind your incessant bragging on the game 79 board, because you have earned it and there is no disputing that your team is the champ, but lord, if we have to listen to everybody who has ever won a game come to this board and shout about their glory incessantly, it will get a bit old, don't you think? Especially since you were in this game, and as soon as a couple of guys attacked you, who cried and quit, perhaps you should keep game 79 propaganda where it belongs.

I tell you what, since you have made so many brags about how you are going to take out GB in game 79, I will make you a wager. If you can conquer GB in 79, I will pay for a game for you, if you cannot, you pay for one for me. I will sign up for 87 now, and happily tell Russ your game is on me if you can back up your mouth with your butt.

Mister X(hausted),

Just want to remember you on your own words of approx. 1 month ago. So...I guess we did give you lately enough attention, didn't we? So what is the problem dude? I guess your "work is still in progress???" We did get an attsck from your side...in Odense, certainly the main theatre of war...ehmmm. With an enormous and impressive air force of...1 air group of 60 Mosquito's. All the troops of Lowlands did fled in their (Archie) bunkers.

And what about our little bet here, still standing behind it. I guess you are assemblying your troops and boats to make the jump across the Channel.

Well I am waiting for you on the beaches....no, no not the French beaches, the Great Britain beaches because that long we cannot and will not wait.

Greetings from Rednas Ruler of Greater France in VIC79. And yes, come on you all and complain that this is the VIC84 forum and not the VIC79 one, but even the left overs of this 79-game are not writing the same "interesting" stuff on the VIC79 forum as on this VIC84 forum...don't make me laugh. Anyway good gaming and enjoy the summer, at least on the northern halve of the world.

• 3 weeks later...

Mr. X,

Yep friends are good to have, I am quite pleased that I am still holding off both you and Iraq's armies and look forward to the arrival of many more friends in the near future. I am so honored that your two would throw your combined might against me, you should be sending Iraq flowers and chocolate as thank you gifts for keeping you in the game. With all of your forces in the south who is protecting your other borders?

Is someone playing Southern Russia? Let me know who it is, I need to talk with them.

Zarkon

Well Zarkon, pulling our all the stops eh? This has the look of desperation to it, but not enough. How did you get somebody to want to play Southern Russia? That has got to be boring, must be a good pal.

Couldn't have done it without a little help from my friends. Baltics and Northern Russia definately helped even the odds. That and the luck I had in Finland taking so long to break that NAP. I would have been in deep doo doo if Finland, Norway and Denmark had all attacked on turn 3.

Now that I survived to be number one, does that make me a target for everyone still in this game? Yikes!

Doctor Strangemind

You know, you never have popcorn and ring side seats for the good ones Doc.

Race

Mr. X,

Yep friends are good to have, I am quite pleased that I am still holding off both you and Iraq's armies and look forward to the arrival of many more friends in the near future. I am so honored that your two would throw your combined might against me, you should be sending Iraq flowers and chocolate as thank you gifts for keeping you in the game. With all of your forces in the south who is protecting your other borders?

Is someone playing Southern Russia? Let me know who it is, I need to talk with them.

Zarkon

Let me get this straight. I am fighting Syria, who long after he has lost all his key cities, fights on to cause me trouble, while fighting Greece in the west, and then I get attacked by Southern Russia in the NE, and while dealing with all of this, you show up with a huge army and hit me in the south, and I am only winning because of Iraq? Got it.

Let me get this straight. I am fighting Syria, who long after he has lost all his key cities, fights on to cause me trouble, while fighting Greece in the west, and then I get attacked by Southern Russia in the NE, and while dealing with all of this, you show up with a huge army and hit me in the south, and I am only winning because of Iraq? Got it.

Mr. X,

Let me restate and I am not disrespecting you.

You are doing very well because you refuse to quit and are a very experienced player who understands the game mechanics and consistently use reliable tactics. I would love to have a one on one battle some day, just for the challenge.

Iraq has sent his 16 divisions and scads of airplanes to hit my eastern front while you and your 19 divisions and scads of airplanes hit my northern front.

One of you would be no problem, both of you makes it a bit tougher. I, too, could use a friend to help.

Zarkon

• 3 weeks later...