Switzerland +5

UAE +5

Bulgaria +3

Egypt +3

Iceland +3

Persia +2

Hungary +1

Ireland +1

Given that the top 4 are a TA block...things appear pretty lopsided in my view.

Is anybody fighting them? Seems to me, they have a lot of computer opponents. Why don't I see Libya on that list?

Sorry....I appear to have accidentally omitted Libya....he is +5

Harbinger of Death

Ireland 84

Distorting things again, but that's what your team does isn't it? A check of my TA's will show this is another lie but hey what's one more drop of water in the ocean, right?

Anyone chosing to work with these guys had better be very careful, they play tag team diplomacy and then claim they have no knowledge af what each other say even though they are all three brothers (Lowlands, Portugal and Ireland). Of course, they also have claimed that Lowlands is just a proxy state being used to attack Canada (who they privately accuse of cheating, and were formerly trying to raise the Jihad against), so draw your own conclusions about such usage of a country to gain advantage.

Perhaps someone will make their game for them, because they appear incapable of making it for themselves. LOL, Hey Canada, want some help with these guys? They have been trashing you privately too, so maybe we should be talking.

Race Pilsner

Race Pilsner

Players do not have to be formal TA to be working together. . . . .

I love how you accuse us of back-room diplomacy. You have been doing the same for the entire game, so it is simply tit-for-tat.

Tell you what. . . . We'll see if you can knock us out of the game. You seem to do fine when you are taking over dropped positions, or positions "controlled" by cohorts that are not really playing. Let's see what you can do against a dedicated adversary.

You're all talk Race. . . . .

Deathwalker

Portu-84

An odd statement since I haven't corresponded with you until recently. Perhaps you could cite some examples of this back room diplomacy you speak of?

Southern Russia, Denmark, and Germany were all active when I began my campaigns against them. It's true that your bro caused Denmark and Germany to drop after he backstabbed Denmark in diplomacy, but I fail to see why that should cause this venom to be thrown around towards me. Is it simply because due to someones scoring system I am seen as the game leader? Pssst, that means nothing this early.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An odd statement since I haven't corresponded with you until recently. Perhaps you could cite some examples of this back room diplomacy you speak of?

Southern Russia, Denmark, and Germany were all active when I began my campaigns against them. It's true that your bro caused Denmark and Germany to drop after he backstabbed Denmark in diplomacy, but I fail to see why that should cause this venom to be thrown around towards me. Is it simply because due to someones scoring system I am seen as the game leader? Pssst, that means nothing this early.

The scoring system I used is relatively simple: +1 for every city with 25+ pop that you take, -1 for every city that you lose. It is simple to generate from the World Events, and confirmable by everyone in the game. Whether or not you are "winning" remains a matter of opinion. However, you have taken the most cities using this criteria...that is indisputable. I didn't publish this to put a target on anyone's back, but rather to put some useful information in the forum that some players may not track for themselves. Your complaints about tactics continue to amuse me. You can accuse me all you want, but I have corresponded with virtually no one (no more than three other players - two of which are you and Sweden) in this game other than my TA's -- not sure how that means I have been using "back room diplomacy". Furthermore, you even state yourself above that you haven't corresponded with Portugal until recently. Sounds like you put way too much faith in the drivel from Denmark (who backstabbed Lowlands, by the way - get your facts straight) and Germany. Of course, since they gave you their positions....maybe we can all understand why. Guess we'll just have to let the other players decide for themselves...

I will post no more on this particular subject.

Harbinger of Death

Ireland 84

Wow, is this a non sequitur? This is what you said:

"I love how you accuse us of back-room diplomacy. You have been doing the same for the entire game, so it is simply tit-for-tat. "

I replied that I found it odd because I hadn't been communicating with you, and you reply:

"Your complaints about tactics continue to amuse me. You can accuse me all you want, but I have corresponded with virtually no one (no more than three other players - two of which are you and Sweden) in this game other than my TA's -- not sure how that means I have been using "back room diplomacy". Furthermore, you even state yourself above that you haven't corresponded with Portugal until recently. Sounds like you put way too much faith in the drivel from Denmark (who backstabbed Lowlands, by the way - get your facts straight) and Germany."

What's that all about? Yeah, you won't post anything else about this because I again am pointing out inaccuracies in what you are saying. Again, what back room diplomacy do you accuse me of conducting here? Put up or shut up.

Race Pilsner

• 1 month later...

Updated Leaderboard, for those who may be interested:

Sweden +18

Baltic States +17

Czechoslovakia +10

Tunisia +8

Switzerland +8

Canada +7

Northern Russia +7

UAE +7

Libya +7

Iraq +6

Turkey +5

Hungary +5

Ireland +4

Persia +3

Bulgaria +2

Iceland +1

Egypt +1

Greece 0

Portugal 0

Spain -2

To my knowledge, that is all the active positions. With Sweden, Baltic, Czech, Switzerland, and NRussia working together.....looks a bit lopsided. Well done to those players, but even if all the rest of us worked together it might not be enough. Looks like the rest of us are fighting for second place.

Harbinger of Death

Sweden +18

Baltic States +17

Czechoslovakia +10

Tunisia +8

Switzerland +8

Canada +7

Northern Russia +7

UAE +7

Libya +7

Iraq +6

Turkey +5

Hungary +5

Ireland +4

Persia +3

Bulgaria +2

Iceland +1

Egypt +1

Greece 0

Portugal 0

Spain -2

To my knowledge, that is all the active positions. With Sweden, Baltic, Czech, Switzerland, and NRussia working together.....looks a bit lopsided. Well done to those players, but even if all the rest of us worked together it might not be enough. Looks like the rest of us are fighting for second place.

Harbinger of Death

Love these posts Harbinger. How is Iceland still plus 1, when he appears to be losing his country to Sweden? I doubt Egypt is still plus 1, you may have missed something.

Sweden +18

Baltic States +17

Czechoslovakia +10

Tunisia +8

Switzerland +8

Canada +7

Northern Russia +7

UAE +7

Libya +7

Iraq +6

Turkey +5

Hungary +5

Ireland +4

Persia +3

Bulgaria +2

Iceland +1

Egypt +1

Greece 0

Portugal 0

Spain -2

Harbinger of Death

Love these posts Harbinger. How is Iceland still plus 1, when he appears to be losing his country to Sweden? I doubt Egypt is still plus 1, you may have missed something.

Sweden landed a couple single Marines in territories of minimal value. In spite of massive long-range air support, they are unlikely to survive long. In short, Iceland with Sweden's butt and send him home. . . . . .

Iceland still controls significant portions of GB. Hence the +1.

Deathwalker

Sweden +18

Baltic States +17

Czechoslovakia +10

Tunisia +8

Switzerland +8

Canada +7

Northern Russia +7

UAE +7

Libya +7

Iraq +6

Turkey +5

Hungary +5

Ireland +4

Persia +3

Bulgaria +2

Iceland +1

Egypt +1

Greece 0

Portugal 0

Spain -2

Harbinger of Death

Sweden landed a couple single Marines in territories of minimal value. In spite of massive long-range air support, they are unlikely to survive long. In short, Iceland with Sweden's butt and send him home. . . . . .

Iceland still controls significant portions of GB. Hence the +1.

Deathwalker

Hey Doc, how come your Marines are such pansies? Sorry to hear about their bad luck!

I'm surprised those worthless territories were in the news or should we consider this spin since one of the captured cities (xVatna) had over 70 population?

You have a high bar for worth on captured cities it would seem Deathwalker. If you know of any other 70+ pop cities you consider worthless I will gladly accept them.

Thanks for the kudos Harbinger, your bro in Lowlands has fought valiently and even brilliantly but his position is hopeless.

Race Pilsner

• 3 weeks later...
Spain at -2?

I think that's pretty good since Franco left for an undisclosed South American country quite some time ago.

Cheers!

I guess Kurassier did sneak off in the middle of the night with his tail between his legs, as did Des Feeney. Gee, your alliance did not make a very good showing in Vic 84. All are out by TP 30.

Deathwalker

Spain at -2?

I think that's pretty good since Franco left for an undisclosed South American country quite some time ago.

Cheers!

I guess Kurassier did sneak off in the middle of the night with his tail between his legs, as did Des Feeney. Gee, your alliance did not make a very good showing in Vic 84. All are out by TP 30.

Deathwalker

Actually, it was a big flotilla with lots of fanfare, fireworks, all that rot. :cannon:

Also, I play to have fun, not to 'show'. I would have lasted a long time by myself, I just didn't think it would be fun.

Spain at -2?

Cheers!

Deathwalker

Jeez Deathwalker, that's a bit harsh.

France was crushed, so I dropped.

Spain was in an untenable position, so he dropped.

No dishonour there; we tried, we were out-played and so we dropped.

Are you by any chance playing in Games 83 or 87?

Cheers

Spain at -2?

Cheers!

Deathwalker

Jeez Deathwalker, that's a bit harsh.

France was crushed, so I dropped.

Spain was in an untenable position, so he dropped.

No dishonour there; we tried, we were out-played and so we dropped.

Are you by any chance playing in Games 83 or 87?

Cheers

No hard feelings on this end. Just talking trash. . . You and Kurassier, along with GB and Canada, made 84 one of the most fun Victory games I have played. I admire the fact that you guys stuck it out and helped each other out to the very end. I would work with either of you guys as a TA anytime.

I was pretty happy with my tactics in 84, but unfortunately, I don't have much of a future in the game. I will have to be content with trying to ensure Baltic States does not show up on the winners list. That will be a tall order, but I am going to do my best.

I am in Game 85 as Hungary. As I just noted on the Forum, Harbinger of Death and I are biving Slicer another spanking in that one.

Deathwalker

Hey Doc, how come your Marines are such pansies? Sorry to hear about their bad luck!

I'm surprised those worthless territories were in the news or should we consider this spin since one of the captured cities (xVatna) had over 70 population?

You have a high bar for worth on captured cities it would seem Deathwalker. If you know of any other 70+ pop cities you consider worthless I will gladly accept them.

Thanks for the kudos Harbinger, your bro in Lowlands has fought valiently and even brilliantly but his position is hopeless.

Race Pilsner

Race,

I think that Deathwalker may be right about this one Race. My Marines were pansies. My order screw ups didn't get the boots on the beach on the opening turn of my invasion as planned. Iceland has managed to take advantage of that and produce a enough reinforcements to send me back to the drawing board. (Note to self: measure twice, cut once) I have to give him this round, but he better leave those troops on his island where they belong and build more because you never know when "I'll be back!" And I will be. That's one point for your team Deathwalker.

DOCTOR STRANGEMIND

Race Pilsner

Race,

I think that Deathwalker may be right about this one Race. My Marines were pansies. My order screw ups didn't get the boots on the beach on the opening turn of my invasion as planned. Iceland has managed to take advantage of that and produce a enough reinforcements to send me back to the drawing board. (Note to self: measure twice, cut once) I have to give him this round, but he better leave those troops on his island where they belong and build more because you never know when "I'll be back!" And I will be. That's one point for your team Deathwalker.

DOCTOR STRANGEMIND

Even though they arrived late, that big stack of Marines was an ugly surprise. I can tell you that I was surprised (and elated) that Iceland held out. If you do try again, it will be interesting to see if you can pull it off a second time. You caught Iceland off-guard last time. I do not think he will let his guard down again.

As for Lowlands, he has done his part. His situation is not all that different from the Texans at the Alamo. He has held the vastly superior BS and Swiss forces back and bloodied them a bit, buying time for his TA's. In the meantime, it seems BS has a little party going on over there in the east, with Persia and Iraq as the guests of honor. I'll just bet Turkey is planning a visit as well.

Harbinger just ran the standings again, and you guys have a nice lead. . . . . FOR NOW!

Deathwalker