Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 85

Guest Spongebob

Nice turn Joop! Maybe the Swiss will finally break through next turn.......you'll have to keep the province though, and I am not sure you will be able to....but just maybe you will finally put me out of my misery!

Nah, you have to make a stand. There is no one else writing anything in this thread since sponge is gone, I'd almost miss him. So keep up the comments.

Joop, do make some remarks about how you will crush this opponent.... :angry2:

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, for starters he declared on me and Turkey (TA's) on the same turn and then proceeded to attack Turkey on that same turn. Neither of us had made the slightest attempt to attack or threaten him. That seems like a good reason doesn't it?

Well, for starters he declared on me and Turkey (TA's) on the same turn and then proceeded to attack Turkey on that same turn. Neither of us had made the slightest attempt to attack or threaten him. That seems like a good reason doesn't it?

Good enough. So who else is fighting who? Hungary is an ally of Germany then, Germany is also an ally of la Suisse (or they'd be fighting eachother). Lowlands is allied to UK and some others in the north atlantic. You and Turkey and some others in middle east/Africa?

Who has the map????

Right Butt-Head. . . those Panzers Turkey had moved to xIstanbul where just taking a little holiday at the beach!!!

All I did was conduct a preemptive strike in the interests of national security.

Deathwalker

Good enough. So who else is fighting who? Hungary is an ally of Germany then, Germany is also an ally of la Suisse (or they'd be fighting eachother). Lowlands is allied to UK and some others in the north atlantic. You and Turkey and some others in middle east/Africa?

Who has the map????

A map would really be nice.

Hungary would love to know who Turkey and Persia are fighting in the Middle East and/or North Africa. After all, the enemy of my enemy is my friend. . . . .

Deathwalker

Right Butt-Head. . . those Panzers Turkey had moved to xIstanbul where just taking a little holiday at the beach!!!

All I did was conduct a preemptive strike in the interests of national security.

Deathwalker

'Butt-head'? Wow, now that was uncalled for. Last time we checked, Greece was definitely not part of the Hungarian empire. Fair enough. We'll just go and hide in the Middle East and make sand castles.

As for a map, Something tells me this game is doomed to not get support in that area. Don't worry Hungary, we have our hands full struggling with those we are fighting in our region.

Deathwalker

'Butt-head'? Wow, now that was uncalled for. Last time we checked, Greece was definitely not part of the Hungarian empire. Fair enough. We'll just go and hide in the Middle East and make sand castles.

As for a map, Something tells me this game is doomed to not get support in that area. Don't worry Hungary, we have our hands full struggling with those we are fighting in our region.

Sorry if I offended you, but it was you that accused me of an unprovoked attack. Greece is my TA. Turkey could have discovered that with a simple SIM-POL. If you go making unsubstantiated accusations, folks are bound to respond negatively.

Seems like rather than hiding, you and Turkey are racing through S Russia in my direction. Well, I have a great welcome planned for you. . . .

Deathwalker

Deathwalker

Sorry if I offended you, but it was you that accused me of an unprovoked attack. Greece is my TA. Turkey could have discovered that with a simple SIM-POL. If you go making unsubstantiated accusations, folks are bound to respond negatively.

Seems like rather than hiding, you and Turkey are racing through S Russia in my direction. Well, I have a great welcome planned for you. . . .

Deathwalker

Fair enough. Unless something has changed though, the person playing Greece told Turkey he had dropped out ages ago. As for us entering Southern Russia, Since when is going north going towards you. My, do we have a persecution complex? You haven't seen guys in white suits chasing you down the street have you? Well, either way I'm sorry but we didn't know you had already claimed Southern Russia or all the land to the north of it. If you would have made an announcement a little earlier, maybe we could have avoided this whole unfortunate misunderstanding. Just give us a heads up ahead of time in the future and we'll be happy to steer clear of you and all that you have apparently laid claim to. By the way, don't tell anyone, but I heard a rumor that the purpose of this game is to take territory and expand each of our nation's land and power.

As for a you having a 'great welcome' ready for us, AWESOME! It's always great receiving a warm welcomed from your neighbors. That's what this game needs. More good manners and graciousness. Unfortunately, we won't be able to visit for quite some time. Still practicing to enter the world championship sand castle building tournament. It hardly seems fair with us having so much desert sand to practice with. Until then, you stay classy Hungary.

• 3 weeks later...

The Lowlands is forced to bid you all a Grand Adieu! <_<

Rommel, Well done Joop! It only took 27 turns, but I am finally defeated. The timing sucks, but you have finally broken through those legendary defenses! You had to actually kill ALL the infantry first, but you managed to climb over the battlements once they were bombed out. The remaining LDB's were no match for those PZIIIHb's.

I guess the distraction of the Lowlander Army's final stand will be forgotten by the time this game is over.

The Lowlands is forced to bid you all a Grand Adieu! :ranting:

Rommel, Well done Joop! It only took 27 turns, but I am finally defeated. The timing sucks, but you have finally broken through those legendary defenses! You had to actually kill ALL the infantry first, but you managed to climb over the battlements once they were bombed out. The remaining LDB's were no match for those PZIIIHb's.

I guess the distraction of the Lowlander Army's final stand will be forgotten by the time this game is over.

REMEMBER XBRUSSELS!!!!!!! <_<

For those who wanted to see the final battle report:

Switzerland has attacked Lowlands at xBrussels from Brussels on Monday, August 16, 2010

General Aeberhard is the commander for Switzerland

Marshal Van Heemskerck is the commander for Lowlands

The attacker uses a city assault against a deliberate defense in a city at odds of 1.45 to 1

The attacker's combat bonuses are +18% The defender's combat bonuses are +20%

The attacker's morale bonuses are +4% The defender's morale bonuses are +5%

The attacker's modified combat rating is 8458 factors The defender's modified combat rating is 5845 factors

The attacker's force morale is 31% The defender's force morale is 25%

The attacker's munitions consumption is 176 units The defender's munitions consumption is 12 units

The attacker inflicts a base damage of 12% per round The defender inflicts a base damage of 7% per round

The attacker inflicts +3% damage per round due to tactics The defender inflicts +3% damage per round due to tactics

The defender's DSM multiplier due to fort bonuses is 0.50 and the defensive fire power bonus is 0.90

Attacker's Divisions

2nd Army (12 divisions)

Division Name Experience % Effective Division Name Experience % Effective

1st Armored, PZ IIIHb Line 66% / 53% 11th Armored, PZ IIIHb Green (*) 63% / 50%

12th Armored, PZ IIIHb Line (*) 65% / 49% 13th Armored, PZ IIIHb Veteran 72% / 57%

14th Armored, PZ IIIHb Veteran 52% / 41% 16th Armored, PZ IIIJ Veteran 68% / 54%

17th Armored, PZ IIIJ Line 68% / 54% 18th Armored, PZ IIIJ Green 80% / 60%

43rd Armored, SS PZ IIIH Green 48% / 38% 44th Armored, SS PZ IIIH Line 69% / 55%

47th Armored, SS PZ IIIH Line 63% / 50% 54th Armored, SS PZ IIIH Line 65% / 52%

The attack succeeded!

Defender's Divisions

This command has been completely destroyed.

3rd Command (1 division)

Division Name Experience % Effective

1st Infantry, INF 40 Green 69% / 0%

Division Name Experience Firepower

Local Defense Bns. Green 2568 / 0

A badly damaged, green infantry division with 2500 ldbs to support them behind legendary fortifications, full city bonus, and a marshal still manages to get off about a 12% damage rating across the boards. MY BOYS WENT OUT FIGHTING LIKE MEN! A proud finish for the Lowlander Army. Actually, it was lucky for the Swiss that the Elite unit was killed in the bombing raids or I might have actually held yet again.

For those who wanted to see the final battle report:

Switzerland has attacked Lowlands at xBrussels from Brussels on Monday, August 16, 2010

General Aeberhard is the commander for Switzerland

Marshal Van Heemskerck is the commander for Lowlands

The attacker uses a city assault against a deliberate defense in a city at odds of 1.45 to 1

The attacker's combat bonuses are +18% The defender's combat bonuses are +20%

The attacker's morale bonuses are +4% The defender's morale bonuses are +5%

The attacker's modified combat rating is 8458 factors The defender's modified combat rating is 5845 factors

The attacker's force morale is 31% The defender's force morale is 25%

The attacker's munitions consumption is 176 units The defender's munitions consumption is 12 units

The attacker inflicts a base damage of 12% per round The defender inflicts a base damage of 7% per round

The attacker inflicts +3% damage per round due to tactics The defender inflicts +3% damage per round due to tactics

The defender's DSM multiplier due to fort bonuses is 0.50 and the defensive fire power bonus is 0.90

Attacker's Divisions

2nd Army (12 divisions)

Division Name Experience % Effective Division Name Experience % Effective

1st Armored, PZ IIIHb Line 66% / 53% 11th Armored, PZ IIIHb Green (*) 63% / 50%

12th Armored, PZ IIIHb Line (*) 65% / 49% 13th Armored, PZ IIIHb Veteran 72% / 57%

14th Armored, PZ IIIHb Veteran 52% / 41% 16th Armored, PZ IIIJ Veteran 68% / 54%

17th Armored, PZ IIIJ Line 68% / 54% 18th Armored, PZ IIIJ Green 80% / 60%

43rd Armored, SS PZ IIIH Green 48% / 38% 44th Armored, SS PZ IIIH Line 69% / 55%

47th Armored, SS PZ IIIH Line 63% / 50% 54th Armored, SS PZ IIIH Line 65% / 52%

The attack succeeded!

Defender's Divisions

This command has been completely destroyed.

3rd Command (1 division)

Division Name Experience % Effective

1st Infantry, INF 40 Green 69% / 0%

Division Name Experience Firepower

Local Defense Bns. Green 2568 / 0

A badly damaged, green infantry division with 2500 ldbs to support them behind legendary fortifications, full city bonus, and a marshal still manages to get off about a 12% damage rating across the boards. MY BOYS WENT OUT FIGHTING LIKE MEN! A proud finish for the Lowlander Army. Actually, it was lucky for the Swiss that the Elite unit was killed in the bombing raids or I might have actually held yet again.

Nice last stand. Remember xBrussels indeed. Good job, all around, just to keep the readers happy.... :ranting: