Rolling Thunder Forums

Vic! 89

Guest Spongebob

No sorry I am but a Sponge, I entertain small brains and I am finding a vast quantity that need entertaining here today. The English have the original constritution - The Magna Carta, written by the aristocracy, for the minions, to keep them in line.

I however am at one with my colonist friends, Oiled Shrimps (being of the sea) should not be on the menu this year but with capatilisum gone mad I dare say you'll have them on the shelves by Christmas. :thumbsup:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No sorry I am but a Sponge, I entertain small brains and I am finding a vast quantity that need entertaining here today. The English have the original constritution (sic) - The Magna Carta, written by the aristocracy, for the minions, to keep them in line.

I however am at one with my colonist friends, Oiled Shrimps (being of the sea) should not be on the menu this year but with capatilisum (sic) gone mad I dare say you'll have them on the shelves by Christmas. :thumbsup:

The Magna Carta was hardly a grand example of a "constitution," being written by and for the nobles for the maintenance of the feudal system and the protection of the prerogatives of so-called "nobility." While it did limit the power of the monarch, it only served to protect the barons, as written.

As for the rest, seeing as it is BP's oil slicking the shrimps, perhaps it is more a matter that British engineering isn't all that and a bag of crisps...

I mean, seriously, what is a Jaguar, but a full employment contract for a mechanic?

Likewise, I suspect that the reason the UK drills for oil and made Jaguars and not, say, computer chips is that there's no practical way to make a computer chip leak oil.

Guest Spongebob

Your good... I can see I am going to have to raise my game with you my little box of chaos. I am the chaotic one, you are but a child compared to my greatness. Computer Chips... Pah... We invented the Chip, fried, salted and vinegared. Not Chips as in Chrisps or Chips as in Poker or Silicon. Proper Chips but we would not have had them if you lot had not discovered them, oh yes thats right you did not do that either, some bloke discovered them. An English Bloke.

I see history repeating itself, once the British Empire ruled the world, the largest Empire ever to rule to world, it held sway over a 1/4 of the worlds population but as all empires come to an end we are comfortable with the outcome. We are now in the infancy of the American Empire, your fate is written in the history books. The big difference is your so large and fat and you will falter and implode, not in this Sponges lifetime but one day.

But there is an even more pressing question.... Where is ManStain, your beloved Germany is still up for grabs and you started this B89 thread, come on who are you or do you fear me.... Face me ManStain, this is my last ever game. I am retiring after this, its your last chance to squeeze the Sponge.

Your good... I can see I am going to have to raise my game with you my little box of chaos. I am the chaotic one, you are but a child compared to my greatness. Computer Chips... Pah... We invented the Chip, fried, salted and vinegared.

Of course you did... those chips involve oil.

Not Chips as in Chrisps or Chips as in Poker or Silicon. Proper Chips but we would not have had them if you lot had not discovered them, oh yes thats right you did not do that either, some bloke discovered them. An English Bloke.

I see history repeating itself, once the British Empire ruled the world, the largest Empire ever to rule to world, it held sway over a 1/4 of the worlds population but as all empires come to an end we are comfortable with the outcome. We are now in the infancy of the American Empire, your fate is written in the history books. The big difference is your so large and fat and you will falter and implode, not in this Sponges lifetime but one day.

Slipping from "sole super-power" status is hardly an implosion, Spongie. That said, you're wrong on most of the facts -- the United States is not an empire, for starters. Where our armies have traveled, the only lands we have claimed has been place to bury our war dead. Perhaps your actual knowledge of history is a trifle deficient -- the United States had millions of soldiers in the UK and yet, rather than turn the UK into some protectorate or economic colony, we handed it back to the natives, despite the prima facie evidence that y'all couldn't handle your own affairs, that being the second time we had to intervene in Europe's collective inability to police their own back yard.

And, likewise, your Egyptian is a little off... Nyarlathotep translates as "here is no peace at the Gateway." The only "box" involved would be for the Haunter in the Dark, but he's seldom seen...

Guest Spongebob
Your good... I can see I am going to have to raise my game with you my little box of chaos. I am the chaotic one, you are but a child compared to my greatness. Computer Chips... Pah... We invented the Chip, fried, salted and vinegared.

Not Chips as in Chrisps or Chips as in Poker or Silicon. Proper Chips but we would not have had them if you lot had not discovered them, oh yes thats right you did not do that either, some bloke discovered them. An English Bloke.

Slipping from "sole super-power" status is hardly an implosion, Spongie. That said, you're wrong on most of the facts -- the United States is not an empire, for starters. Where our armies have traveled, the only lands we have claimed has been place to bury our war dead. Perhaps your actual knowledge of history is a trifle deficient -- the United States had millions of soldiers in the UK and yet, rather than turn the UK into some protectorate or economic colony, we handed it back to the natives, despite the prima facie evidence that y'all couldn't handle your own affairs, that being the second time we had to intervene in Europe's collective inability to police their own back yard.

And, likewise, your Egyptian is a little off... Nyarlathotep translates as "here is no peace at the Gateway." The only "box" involved would be for the Haunter in the Dark, but he's seldom seen...

Ok your too smart for this Sponge, you win you have no Empire. To continue would bring the wrath of the American Military at my door. I will give in, do whatever you say. You can plonk your bases in my country, I wont complain. You can use your weapons of mass destruction against those who try to invade Spongistan with camels and sand granades. Dont worry you can silence the press when they dare to speak out, I wont mind, I dont want you to freeze my assests. If I get the urge to lend money to rednecks in shacks who think a Dollar Bill is a type of bird killed for lunch then slap me around a bit in case I cause an economic melt down of the financial markets. Remember Only Sponge can go to China.

Have to agree with Nyarlathotep. And the potato chip was invented in the good ole USA.

Don't get me wrong, I am a 'fan' of England as our ally and all that, but I will side with the USA in any argument. After all, it was my great, great, great, great, great Uncle that signed the DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE so big that good ole King George could read it without his spectacles. :thumbsup::cheers:

Ok your too smart for this Sponge, you win you have no Empire. To continue would bring the wrath of the American Military at my door. I will give in, do whatever you say. You can plonk your bases in my country, I wont complain. You can use your weapons of mass destruction against those who try to invade Spongistan with camels and sand granades (sic). Dont (sic) worry you can silence the press when they dare to speak out, I wont mind, I dont (sic) want you to freeze my assests. (sic) If I get the urge to lend money to rednecks in shacks who think a Dollar Bill is a type of bird killed for lunch then slap me around a bit in case I cause an economic melt down of the financial markets. Remember Only Sponge can go to China.

Well, its not hard to be smarter than a invertebrate what lacks so much as a nervous system, Sponges being what the are.

Besides, our bases have been in your country ever since WW2. And complain all you like -- the loss of the NATO guarantee would mean that the folks in the EU would have to transform their armed forces into something a little more effective than jobs programs. Of course, for all the complaining about "Yankee go home," it is remarkable that every time the Yankee threatens to pack his bag and travel for greener pastures, such as the plan to remove the 1st Armored from German and replace it with a smaller unit based out of Poland -- the Barvarians suddenly went from "Yankee go home!" to "What about our local economy??!"

As for going to China, what's the hold up? How can we miss you if you won't go away? :thumbsup:

Guest Spongebob

As much fun as it is swapping colonial blows with you I will call a truce and give the game a chance to breath. Any more declarations. Who has signed up for all those missing nations. I am UAE BTW.

AND WHERE IS MANSTAIN :thumbsup: