Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 91

Hamish

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Dageraad,

I dropped as well, but left xAmsterdam well defended with a Legendary Fortress and no allies :P

(not sure if it is still holding, but from RWE I didn't see it drop yet)

Guest Spongebob

Yes he is a dead country. Just spying and fp

Despicable use of a position in the game.

And people call me for some of the tactics I have used... the owner of Hungary could almost be called Spongelike

*shrugs* The phantom player, and especially the FP, are not features of the game i support, but at least the second one can be avoided by simple spending restraint.

Unless you're Central Russia, invaded from all sides and having random nations DW on you in the first turns while you have no TA's, it's always under your control whether you can get a negative morale. Without negative treasury pushing down your morale, it's extremely hard for foes to push your morale negative while you can up it 25 points per turn, and a significant and/or sustained negative treasury is 100% one's own doing. You can dislike other people punishing you for prolific spending, but if there would be no consequences to going into the negative, everyone would spend like crazy as money would become meaningless.

*shrugs* The phantom player, and especially the FP, are not features of the game i support, but at least the second one can be avoided by simple spending restraint.

Unless you're Central Russia, invaded from all sides and having random nations DW on you in the first turns while you have no TA's, it's always under your control whether you can get a negative morale. Without negative treasury pushing down your morale, it's extremely hard for foes to push your morale negative while you can up it 25 points per turn, and a significant and/or sustained negative treasury is 100% one's own doing. You can dislike other people punishing you for prolific spending, but if there would be no consequences to going into the negative, everyone would spend like crazy as money would become meaningless.

I referring to to the use of a position to run EM's and SIM's endlessly as a means of gaining extra orders for other positions, not to the FP/DW's. Although, that was cheesy also, but my main gripe is the order advantage, & adding to that the ability of those doing this to drop their SIOL's of their other positions to ZERO and avoid the money loss every turn. Just plain dirty gaming, a grey area that is not honorable at all.