Rolling Thunder Forums

Well we are 10% of the way with the special game. So far I like the outcome. Below are my views on this variant

1. Lack of TA's makes it a lot harder to figure out who is working with who. (Makes diplomacy interaction more important).

2. I know I am using a wider variety of orders since we have no Total Alliance Intelligence Sharing.

3. I think the Air power dominance is reduced a bit since you have no TA overflights and you can't be ceded a Air base to concentrate air for a distant ally. Nations have to be more reliant on their own resources.

Anybody observe any other changes

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New map:

victory-map-diplomacy-96t08.png

Czechoslovakia DW Hungary, and conquered half of that contry

Sweden and Norway DW Denmark

Rumania DW Greece, to add to the confusion in the Balkans

I tried to click the 'like this' button, and I get an error message: You've reached your quota of positive votes for the day. What quota?!?

• 2 weeks later...

New map:

victory-map-diplomacy-96t09.png

As could be expected the attrition is merciless and the map is hurting my eyes.
Italy, Great Britain and Ireland DW France. This country seems to be hated by everybody. Was it played by Spongebob perhaps?

Sweden DW Poland.

Portugal is walzing over Spain with frightening ease so there probably was something wrong with the paella over there.

Another Nice map. Figuring out those link diagrams must be fun. Some of those wars must be just wars of convenience just to allow air overflight. For instance I think its safe to say that Ireland and GB have settled their differences in Northern Ireland and are now conducting joint operations in France. Guess the other possibility is that they are competing in a race to corner the market on French wines. Perhaps that war should be colored blue vice the Red arrows. Have fun, Rick

Congrats to Norway and Sweden, nice attacks and the luck of the turns running. The lack of info did hurt. The fact that you both ran after me, then before me before i even knew i had been attacked. Then running before me again to complete the surprise before i could even respond. IT's only a matter of time now, So enjoy your trip to Germany, via Denmark. I guess I will be signing up for a new game now.....

DezertCamel :robot:

It is clear that with this format defence will become a lot more difficult. An enemy could get in three turns before you have any opportunity to react to it.

There is no way to defend against it.