Rolling Thunder Forums

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Four cities in turn five? That's even beyond his level of incompetence. I do not think Spongebob is playing the UAE. That's either a complete mismanagement, someone who's very unlucky or a setup.

Well, he then is very unlucky or very incompetent. But I must admit, countries like the UAE are very vulnerable to early 'assassination attempts", as it is almost impossible to defend against a concentrated attack without risking half the country.

Well, I reconstructed the entire AIC network to a less obvious construction, did a maximum LDB buid in all major cities and provinces, left a lot of speedbumps at convenient places and cut off easy access to the eastern part of the UAE by pincing through the "empty quarter". All for naught as he never entered the UAE. It took ten turns to conquer something of value in Saudi Arabia.

Saudi Arabia = sand trap.

UAE is clearly at a geographic disadvantage. However the current results do indicate a lack of proper planning.

A dozen years ago I won Victory with UAE, so as Dag also indicated; while at a disadvantage it's certainly not indefensible.

I agree. It is not totally indefensible. I survived in my first game in Switzerland with 2 countries actively attacking me. Eventually, I ran out of food and could no longer fight. Switzerland is different than UAE, but with good planning, I think small countries can still be played effectively.