Rolling Thunder Forums

Agree with Mark, that the presumed sentiment of this game is not followed. But was that too high a wish/dream to think those ideals of a few would be followed 100%? People value and enjoy working with others. That is human nature, and should not be discounted. It's a quality, not a vice.

Agree with Reece too. It's been my experience that you only get the one report, over and over. So SIM TC's are used to fill the gap. As pointed out, having a 0 counter espionage, has a disadvantageous down-side.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no worldly way this game could play out as a bunch of one on one combats, nor was it ever the intention. The game is purely out there for a different flavor of play style. Most of the wars are probably not real, they are for access for air and ground. Using SIM TC orders plus EM orders for a friendly nation is just being resourceful. As nations drop out and the survivors become larger you will most likely see things become more one on one. I am having fun in the game so far.

Germany 96

I would disagree that the presumed sentiment was that this game would be one on ones all over the map. Even in the original thread (http://www.rollingthunderforums.com/index.php?showtopic=2270) there was discussion of how to work together in groups to gain an advantage.

Obviously by several forum comments *some* people presumed it would be more of a one on one. I did not, you did not, and apparently most in the game did not...

Forgive me for not being more specific in my previous post. It was Mark's comment (his sentiment) that it referred to; and I agreed that it was not how he thought it would be.

It is natural for countries to work together. I like the added dimension of no TAs as a change of pace. While it doesn't keep countries from working together, it changes some of the strategy.

I think in this game, defending yourself against multiple opponents becomes a much more difficult task. If you are defending in a 2 or 3 on one fight, as Mark was doing, it is almost impossible to be successful without intel.

One of the unanticipated results of the rule change is that air units are a bit less valuable as they can't overfly an allies territory. I am sure we have all complained about fighting a group that has ceded air bases so that they can concentrate their air for an offensive. Now you will have to control a part of the front if you want your air to play a factor. Anyway I like the rule change as well and am enjoying the game. Have fun, RIck

New Map:

victory-map-diplomacy-96t12.png

- The game is evolving, some nations get overrun and we can scratch the UAE ans Syria as the first nations to be 'presumably deceased'. On the 'threatened' list are Spain, Yugoslavia and Bulgaria

- That means Saudi Arabia is at the front of the pack at the moment.

- Not sure about the frontlines near Eastern Prussia.

- With summer around the corner, Icelands efforts to cultivate edible sponges have some success. As is the project to exploit the hoard of fossilized sponges in the province of Reykjavik.

• 2 weeks later...

And another new map:

victory-map-diplomacy-96t13.png

- I reserved white for those nations left without RWE cities.

- Rumania seems to be gobblin up just anything that gets in front of him

- Canada and the USA should be here a few turns from now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The pleas from the people of Egypt have been heard. We are in the process of freeing them from the regime which currently represses them. Soon, these people will be under the benevolent and free rule of Saudi Arabia. The decision to go to war with Egypt was a difficult one, but the welfare of these fine people can no longer be ignored. Hang on people of Egypt! You will soon be free and part of the Saudi empire.