Rolling Thunder Forums

Official: Turns Are In Thread

EternusIV

It's starting to be "late Saturday". I was just looking for a more finely tuned response now that we're in the ball-park region of when the turns would be coming out.

Late will be very late tonight. Still in the industrial phase now, after which the very long printout phase begins - that takes many hours :cannon:

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's starting to be "late Saturday". I was just looking for a more finely tuned response now that we're in the ball-park region of when the turns would be coming out.

Late will be very late tonight. Still in the industrial phase now, after which the very long printout phase begins - that takes many hours :cannon:

Thanks mate - that helps a lot.

You must be one of the BAD guys.

I have only one thing to say to that:

"Bwahahahaha!"

Sounds like Dr. Horrible to me...

If you haven't seen it, is free on hulu.com. Great way to spend 45 minutes...

John

There is an order of events thing happening here. The way I understand it if I move to a warp point on pulse 10 and move away on pulse 11 there could be no battle.

If your empire runs before mine on pulse 10 your fleet sees nothing as I am not there yet

On Pulse 11 your fleet sees me and battle is setup for end of pulse, but I move away before end of pulse so no battle.

This really gets less likely that a battle will occur if Both fleets are moving.

I have not noticed any battles not occurring when they should recently(this year)

BTW the above only happens because my fleets are set at Q, and I am still wondering why you are blowing up my peaceful survey ships. You must be one of the BAD guys.

There is an order of events, but I think you've got it wrong. Sightings are triggered when an empire moves to a location, not away from a location. In your example above, if I moved first on pulse 10 to WP 1234, I wouldn't see anything at that time. But when your empire then executes pulse 10 and you move to WP 1234 a sighting is generated and reported on turn results and the location is flagged for potential battle. All other empires pulse 10 orders are executed, and then the flagged locations are looked at. If the conditions are right for a battle, namely someone has a hot ROE, the battle should happen. This would all be resolved before you moved away on pulse 11.

Now, lets say I'm already sitting at WP 1234 (have been there for a long time or moved there on pulse 9) and my pulse 10 order is to move to another location. Your pulse 10 order is to move to WP 1234. If my pulse 10 goes first, I get no sighting, and therefore no battle, when you move to WP 1234 because I'm already gone. If you go first on pulse 10, I get a sighting and the location is flagged for a battle. But all pulse 10's are executed before battles occur and on my pulse 10 I move away. When the flags are looked at, we are no longer co-located so there will not be a battle even though I did get a sighting.

Sightings/battles in convoy routes are different because all convoy route orders of one empire are executed before moving on to the next empire. This means that only the empire whose convoy route is being executed is moving. If sightings are generated along the convoy route, there is no way the other empire could move away before a battle is triggered. Therefore, generally speaking, all sightings in a convoy route involving someone with a hot ROE should generate a battle.

This is why it so important that battles during convoy routes work properly. Otherwise, an empire can make itself immune to attacks from enemies by setting up key movements as convoys. This seems to be the situation D.I.E. has found himself in. Whether intentional or not, MacroHard has put himself in a position where his fleets on convoy are immune to attack by the blockading forces of D.I.E.

I am fairly sure you are wrong with the other empire sighting me as soon as I move to same location, from experience, I tested convoy routes, with sweeps thru warp points in war area, I did not make it. I have tested my theory, and it has worked as I said on several occasions. My convoy ships were blown up 3 turns in a row at least, what IDE does not know is how many different fleets I have out there. And my ships have had a battle every turn for the last at least 5 turns, I am fairly certain that the this complaint is bogus.

Late Saturday....what exactly does this mean? Would it be 11:59 PM Saturday evening , or is it in actuality early Sunday morning , which would start at 12:00 am . Then the next question to ask would be Saturday evening which time zone , since this is a global game . I would be willing to bet that it is really Sunday morning in most time zones , since in the mountain time zone that Colorado is in , just has 5 hours left to go from when I am writing this....might as well try to go to sleep , and hope when you wake up Sunday , the turns will be in the email box.....night folks!! :cannon:

I am fairly sure you are wrong.....

Maybe. I might have some of the details wrong but I am absolutely certain that sightings are not generated when one moves away from a loction as you describe in your example. Sightings are only generated when one moves to a location (or with a sensor sweep). If both fleets end up at the same location on pulse 10 (doesn't matter who got there first on pulse 10 or if a sighting or battle happend or not), a sighting will NOT be generated when one party moves away on pulse 11 as you describe in your example. What is clearly wrong in your example is that the potential battle is flagged on pulse 11. Both empires moved to the location on pulse 10. Both start pulse 11 already at the same location. Sightings are never generated just because you start an impulse at the same location. Sightings are triggered with a SENS or with a MOVE or NM to a location where there is another fleet. And, battles never happen without first having a sighting.

Maybe. I might have some of the details wrong but I am absolutely certain that sightings are not generated when one moves away from a loction as you describe in your example. Sightings are only generated when one moves to a location (or with a sensor sweep). If both fleets end up at the same location on pulse 10 (doesn't matter who got there first on pulse 10 or if a sighting or battle happend or not), a sighting will NOT be generated when one party moves away on pulse 11 as you describe in your example. What is clearly wrong in your example is that the potential battle is flagged on pulse 11. Both empires moved to the location on pulse 10. Both start pulse 11 already at the same location. Sightings are never generated just because you start an impulse at the same location. Sightings are triggered with a SENS or with a MOVE or NM to a location where there is another fleet. And, battles never happen without first having a sighting.

MOVE, NM, or WARP. Coming through a warp point triggers sightings.

I would have to concur with El Capitan here. If it happens otherwise is contrary to the things are suppose to happen. I also know that lots of battles have been missed by my fleets on convoy routes, even when fleets are set to Zulu ROE's. This has not been a problem when dealing with the remains of a drop, but is a big deal against an active opponent. My conversations with Pete about it suggest that there is a fair measure of GM interference required for CR battles to be triggered properly.

The sequence is Move, sight, battle resolution, and this has been verified countless times through normal movement, but it can fall apart during the convoy route execution phase.

I would be happy to verify this for anybody. Just send me your turn and I will review it thoroughly.

:cannon:

Well it is sunday now even in the states (9.15 am sunday here) and no turns...oh well...

/Locklyn

Well it is sunday now even in the states (9.15 am sunday here) and no turns...oh well...

/Locklyn

Well, 2 in the morning Mountain Time - just finished creating the pdf's and data files - sending now, and it takes a few hours for everything to clear through some mail servers.